Lithuania’s newly revamped Eurovizijos atranka 2020 begins its six-week run in a couple of hours. But before that, let’s see which Heat One acts you’re most excited for. And then, take a listen to some of the entries which have been released in recent days.
Monika Marija is your favourite in Heat One of Lithuania’s Eurovizijos atranka 2020
At the start of the week, we asked you to vote for the Eurovizijos atranka 2020 act which you were most excited for. Online polls aren’t an exact science at the best of times, and in this instance they’re particularly tricky since not all of the entries have been released. Therefore, many readers will have made their decisions based on an artist’s past pedigree.
Nonetheless, the results are still fun to look at. And Monika Marija is a clear favourite. The Voice winner returns for her fourth attempt in three years (she submitted two songs in 2019). The “If I Leave” songstress picked up 258 votes.
In second place is Gabrielius Vagelis with 161 votes. None of the remaining acts polled over 100.
Only six of the 12-strong field will qualify for the semi-finals.
Poll Results: Which Eurovizijos Atranka 2020 act are you most excited for? (Heat One)
- Monika Marija “If I Leave” 18.93% (258 votes)
- Gabrielius Vagelis “Tave čia randu” 11.81% (161 votes)
- Petunija “Show Ya” 1.83% (25 votes)
- Andy Vaic “Why Why Why” 1.1% (15 votes)
- Glossarium “Game Over” 0.81% (11 votes)
- Aika “Paradas” 0.59% (8 votes)
- Aistay “Dangus man tu” 0.51% (7 votes)
- Donata Virbilaitė “Made of Wax” 0.51% (7 votes)
- Lukas Norkūnas “Atsiprašyk” 0.51% (7 votes)
- Justinas Lapatinskas “Highway Story” 0.44% (6 votes)
- Baltos Varnos “Namų dvasia” 0.37% (5 votes)
- Meandi “DRIP” 0.29% (4 votes)
Total Votes: 1,363
Note, this poll included all 36 Eurovizijos atranka 2020 acts. For the purposes of this post, we have extracted all of the semi one entries. The figures for percentages and total votes relate to the complete poll.
Newly released Eurovizijos atranka 2020 songs
The steady flow of entries for Lithuania’s Eurovision 2020 selection continues. In recent days, the following songs have dropped online.
Donata “Made of Wax” (Heat One)
Donata has taken part twice before, in 2012 and 2019. While she has yet to reach the final, she did get to be Eurovision 2018 winner Netta on Your Face Sounds Familiar.
Justinas Lapatinskas “Highway Story” (Heat One)
Justinas Lapatinskas participated in Lithuania’s rather convoluted 2014 process. He made it as far as the sixth show, finishing eight overall.
Meandi “DRIP” (Heat One)
Previously released entries
- Abrokenleg — “Electric Boy”
- Aika — “Paradas” (Heat One)
- Aistay — “Dangus man Tu” (Heat One)
- Andy Vaic — “Why Why Why” (Heat One)
- Gabrielius Vagelis — “Tave Cia Randu” (Heat One)
- Glossarium — “Game Over” (Heat One)
- KaYra — “Alligator”
- Kristina Jure — “My Sound of Silence”
- Monika Marija — “If I Leave” (Heat One)
- Petunija — “Show Ya” (Heat One)
- Rūta Loop — “We Came From The Sun”
- Twosome — “Playa”
As of 15:00 CET on 11 January, two Heat One acts have yet to release their songs. They are:
- Baltos Varnos “Namų dvasia”
- Lukas Norkūnas “Atsiprašyk”
What do you think? Do you agree with the poll results? Let us know in the comments.
Picture via LRT