It’s one of many national selections that’s changing it up for 2020. And on Monday 20 January, Moldova’s TRM finally revealed the 35 acts (and 36 songs) vying to represent the country in Rotterdam.
The broadcaster also announced that the winner will be solely determined by an expert jury – adding further to speculation that the long-running national selection O melodie pentru Europa will be axed for this season.
However, even though there will be no public input in the score, the stars did not shy away from the revamped process. In fact, there are several familiar faces among the submissions.
Maxim Zavidia returns after winning the 2019 televote. The juries dragged down his score, allowing Anna Odobescu to nab victory.
Also trying their luck are three former Eurovision representatives: Natalia Gordienko (Eurovision 2006), Georgeta Burlacu (Eurovision 2008) and Pasha Parfeny (Eurovision 2012). There’s also an ex-Junior Eurovision contestant — Denis Midone (Eurovision 2012).
Sasha Bognibov continues to persist, making a 14th bid to take part.
But these are just a select few. Below, we’ve listed all 36 entries along with links to their respective songs. And once you’ve had a listen, you can vote for your favourites in our poll.
Remember, you can vote for as many acts as you like but you can only vote once — so choose wisely!
Update: It has been announced that CHE-MD and Irina Revenco will no longer compete in the selection. The O Melodie Pentru Europa regulars performed their song on May 18 last year, with the performance available on their Youtube channel as of May 26. It breaches the rules of the contest stating all the song must not be performed before September 1.
They will be replaced by Pelageya Stefoglo who will sing “Empathy” at the auditions. The Ylva & Linda song was submitted during the regular submission period, however due to an error the broadcaster failed to receive it.
Moldova Eurovision 2020 selection: All songs and acts
- Pelageya Stefoglo – Empathy
- Maria Ciolac – Our home
- Viorela Moraru – Remedy
- Dima Jelezoglo – Do it slow
- LANJERON – Hi Five
- Nicolae Untilă – Call me please
- Vovian – 10 minuni în Moldova
- Maxim Zavidia – Take control
- Valentin Uzun și Irina Kovalsky – Moldovița
- Diana Popa – Believe me
- Danny Cruise – My love
- Olea Roșu – Alive
- Catarina Sandu – Die for you
- Ray Bark – I’m shy
- Tudor Bumbac – Te-am văzut în vis pe tine
- Georgeta Burlacu – Răspunde
- Sasha Bognibov – Big brother
- Katerina S – We are done
- Sasha Letty – Summer of Love
- Live Beat – Love me now
- Valeria Pașa – It’s time
- Liusia Znamensky – Love no more
- Julia Ilienko ft. Mishel Dar – Tears
- Natalia Gordienko – Prison
- Petronela Donciu și Portărescu Andreea – We will be legends
- Carolina Racoviță – Dancing in the sunrise
- Angel Kiss – My Own Queen
- Angel Kiss – You are my dance
- Lavinia Rusu – Touch
- Irina Kit – Chain Rection
- Alexandru Cibotaru – Cine te-a făcut să plângi
- Denis Midone – Like a champion
- Pasha Parfeni – My Wine
- Lave – Wildfire
- Diana Brescan – Let’s go together
- Diana Rotaru – Dale dale
- Che-MD feat Irina Revenco – Adio disqualified
Moldova at Eurovision 2020: recap video
Poll: Who should sing for Moldova at Eurovision 2020?
Who should sing for Moldova in 2020? Can any of them bring Moldova back to the final? Let us know in the comments below.