Poland’s search for a Eurovision star will continue in a few days’ time. But ahead of Sunday’s second semi-final of Szansa na Sukces – Eurowizja 2020, we asked our readers to vote for which semi two act they were most excited for. And the results are in — Alicja Szemplinska is your pre-show winner.
But before we take a look at the poll results, let’s quickly preview what to expect in episode two of the new series.
Poland’s Szansa na Sukces – Eurowizja 2020: Semi-final two
As with the opening episode, seven acts will compete for one spot in the final. However, whereas the semi one acts were challenged with ABBA hits, the second batch will be required to take on some evergreens from Eurovision.
They’ll be judged by an expert jury made up of song contest alums Cleo (2014), Michal Szpak (2016) and Gromee (2018). This panel will select one act who will qualify for the final. The chosen performer will join Kasia Dereń and the winners of semi three.
We will only hear their songs for Rotterdam in the final
Semi-final two running order and songs
- Damian Kulej “Heroes” (Sweden 2015)
- Paulina Czapla “Amar pelos dois” (Portugal 2017)
- Weronika Curyło “Dschinghis Khan” (1979)
- Stashka “If I Were Sorry” (Sweden 2016)
- Saszan “Congratulations” (UK 1968)
- Alicja Szemplińska “To nie ja!” (Poland 1994)
- Aleksandra Nykiel “Save Your Kisses for Me” (UK 1976)
The pre-recorded show will air at 15:15 CET on Sunday 9 February on TVP 2.
Alicja Szemplińska is your favourite
We counted a total of 885 votes. And the result was clear cut.
The Voice Poland winner Alicja Szemplińska absolutely dominated the ballot. She picked up 571 votes, which amounts to a huge 64.52% of all votes cast.
Only two other acts hit triple digits. They were Saszan with 127 votes and Aleksandra Nykiel with 42 votes.
- Alicja Szemplinska 64.52% (571 Votes)
- Saszan 14.35% (127 Votes)
- Aleksandra Nykiel 4.75% (42 Votes)
- Paulina Czapla 4.52% (40 Votes)
- Weronika Curylo 4.52% (40 Votes)
- Stashka 4.29% (38 Votes)
- Damian Kulej 3.05% (27 Votes)
Do you agree with the poll results? Do you expect Alicija to secure victory in reality too? Let us know in the comments.