slovenia-ema-2020-finalists

It whet our appetites early in the season with the EMA FREŠ wildcard round. But on Saturday we get to the main course as Slovenia’s EMA 2020 final takes place. The songs for the Eurovision selection have yet to be officially released in full (there are leaked versions floating around online).

However, earlier this week the Val 202 radio network published extended snippets of all 12 competing entries. They come in at around one minute — up from the 30-second clips which dropped at the start of the month.

Meanwhile, preparations are well underway for this weekend’s show. Rehearsals are ongoing with behind-the-scenes snaps available to see on the EMA Instagram page.

It has also been confirmed that reigning EMA champs zalagasper — aka Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl — will perform as guests.

The broadcast will consist of two rounds. In the first, all the finalists will perform. A jury panel will select two qualifiers. They will progress to a super final in which the result is wholly determined by televote.

EMA 2020: One-minute snippets

You can listen to all 12 clips below. They are listed in accordance with the show’s running order.

1. Simon Vadnjal “Nisi sam”

2. Saška “Še kar lovim tvoj nasmeh”

3. Gaja Prestor “Verjamem vase”

4. Ana Soklič “Voda”

5. INMATE “The Salt”

6. Manca Berlec “Večnost”

7. Tinkara Kovač “Forever”

8. Božidar Wolfand – Wolf “Maybe Someday”

9. Parvani Violet “Cupid”

10. Klara Jazbec “Stop the World”

11. Imset “Femme Fatale”

12. Lina Kuduzović “Man Like U”

Poll: Who should win EMA 2020?

It’s tricky to determine a favourite when you don’t have access to the full songs. However, for the past few weeks, we’ve been asking you to vote for the act which you are most excited for. Our poll is still open and will close just ahead of the EMA 2020 final.

At the time of writing, Junior Eurovision 2015’s Lina Kuduzović leads with EMA 2014 winner Tinkara Kovač just behind. But do you want to change your votes now that the longer clips are available?

Which snippet is your favourite? Who should win EMA 2020? Who will win? Let us know in the comments.

Follow all of our Slovenia Eurovision 2020 news.

LNESC
LNESC
Mr X
Mr X

Lina is very generic and boring and I don´t like her voice. I would prefer to choose either a little more progressive like Imset or something in a classic style like Saska or Ana Soklic. A song in slovene please !

I like a lot of these! Good show, Slovenia.

I could remember Saska’s and Gaja’s songs from the first time I had heard them so that’s pretty good. I remembered Tinkara’s too and I like it a lot but it’s very Disney-like. I don’t have a favourite so far and will wait for the final show. Good luck everyone!

Apolo6
Apolo6

Voda by Ana, the only good song..

Dawid
Dawid

Why Gaja is present on this image twice

Craig
Craig

Gaja , Parvani Violet and Imset are my favourites but Slovenia has low chances to qualify imo

alltheway
alltheway

Lina will get Slovenia best result, mark my words…
He live vocals are unmatchable, she has a range of Ariana Grande

Mr X
Mr X
Reply to  alltheway

But unfortunately there will be another entries sounding quite similar and there´s hardly difference between them.

Laburnum
Laburnum

Lina, Inmate and Klara are my top choices

jummy
jummy

you have full songs on wiwibloggs’ youtube reaction to snippets in comments

Noone

A little info for non-Slovenes from snippets and media: Lina’s song A Man Like U is not about love, but about a teacher who bullied her at school and said she is dumb and she will never achieve anything in life. Gaja Prestor used to be fat and body shamed, she sings about being yourself. Tinkara said the song Forever is a thank you letter to her fans, as she celebrates 25 years of career. Manca B is a lesbian and sings about two girls in love. Femme fatale is about a maneater woman, Inmate is about today’s society, depression.

thrume8
thrume8
Reply to  Noone

Lina’s song is about broken relationship and lost love, it literally says “but i’ll never find a man like u”, she stated that in several interviews too

noone
noone
Reply to  thrume8

Really? There was a whole page with her in Slovenske novice a few days ago, where she says the song is about a teacher who bullied her. Maybe the reporter got it wrong, I don’t know. Today there is a whole page about Gaja Prestor and how she had her boobs done.

noone
noone
Reply to  noone

Edit: It’s true, Lina says in the snippet that it’s about a lost love. Well, there’s a lesson for Slovenes: never trust Slovenske novice kids 🙂

escslovenia002
escslovenia002
Reply to  noone

slovenske novice post fake news all the time hahaha

Reply to  Noone

Nice to get this information from you, Noone. Thanks very much 🙂 I couldn’t make out what the artists said except from their presentations. I am or my name is. LOL.

ESCNils
ESCNils

Really who voted for Tinkara?? Forever is a really bad Disney song, she deserved much more.

Michael Adam
Michael Adam
Reply to  ESCNils

People are voting for the familiar names here, not for quality.

Mr X
Mr X
Reply to  ESCNils

The lyrics are very dumb…

thrume8
thrume8

Tbh, after hearing the full songs, Gaja and Lina have the best chances.
Gaja has a lil bit uncomfortable second prechorus and I think bridge is incomplete, otherwise the song is good.
I don’t have any comment on Lina’s song, I think it’s great as it is now.
I also liked Imset, Inmate, Tinkara and Klara, but Gaja or Lina would be the best for ESC. In any case, we should wait for live performances.

Anita Mann
Anita Mann
Reply to  thrume8

True, but the 2 second silence and then the final chorus hitting is magic. If chosen, Gaja could do VERY well.

Robert
Robert

Man like u or Stop the world

Ashton Schier
Ashton Schier

that awkward moment when Astrid is better than all of these

Reply to  Ashton Schier

Yes!!! A lot of Slovenes are still shocked and can’t believe that RTV didn’t put it through. It’s very fishy and dodgy, as always with the jury.

Film
Film
Reply to  Ashton Schier

Agree. Did they published the full results of the tele and jury? I wanna see what place she came.

Reply to  Film

No, the results will be published after the EMA on saturday. I guess that Parvani Violet got the jury ticket and Saska televote.

Polliu
Polliu

Slovenia won’t be in the final this year. Semi 1 is shaping up to be really strong.

Am I entirely uncool for actually looking forward to “Ve?nost”? ”
“Stop The World” sounds like the frontrunner for me but honestly, I think they left behind one or two better songs in Fres.

Reply to  Briekimchi

I too hope for Vecnost and Manca B.

Milan
Milan
Reply to  Noone

I too.

Anita Mann
Anita Mann

Why don’t they just release the songs, since the full 3-minute versions are all over the web? Gaja Prestor will win this, there is an incredibly awesome key-change at the end, and the song is SO good!

Reply to  Anita Mann

Gaja will only win if the jury puts her in the super final televote, which they probably won’t. They will go with Tinkara and Lina or Manca.

Monika
Monika

Very weak national selection, being in the 1st semifinal Slovenia will definitely stay in the semi, no matter what song they’ll pick, all of them are weak….

I don’t know what happened, because last year EMA was a vibrant and diverse national final and this year things are sounding quite dry to my ears, or at least this is the impression I had from the snippets. Hope to be surprised with great live performances.

Reply to  Sabrina

Well, this happens when you don’t invite the slayage queen Raiven :-/

JJ Abrahames
JJ Abrahames

so eurofans as usual what only for name that already was in eurovision, not surprised

vox
vox

the thing is that this national final has a questionable voting system so it can literally be anyones game since 3 people are judging the 2 songs going to the superfinal

Skiwalko
Skiwalko

Last year I felt instant connection with “Sebi”, this year no entry managed to hold my attention. Granted, the snippets we got aren’t very long, but you can kinda get what each track is going for and to me there’s nothing interesting about them. They’re not even bad, these songs just go in one ear and out the other. When I first heard these I thought that “Stop the world” sounded intriguing, but judging by the newest snippet the direction of Klara’s song is quite different and more generic from what I was hoping for. Maybe live performances will change… Read more »

priya
priya

Imset’s ‘Femme Fatale’ could be really great on stage and was really catchy! Really hope it wins! It reminds me of those pop rock tracks that used to be more common at ESC, like ‘We Could Be The Same’, ‘Alter Ego’ and ‘Na Inat’

Kosey
Kosey

I am still finding it hard to judge from these extended snippets, but the one I like most is Gaja. She has a distinctive voice, I like the beat and it is a catchy chorus.

UmBv
UmBv

Gaja has to win

BleuKnaveXD236
BleuKnaveXD236

Imset and INMATE are still my favorites based on the snippets… so I’m hoping for one of them to win. Still need the full songs and live performances to really judge. But as always good luck to all the participants.

Aaron
Aaron

Gaja Prestor’s song is absolutely stunning and after hearing the full leaked version it just reinforces this. Would restore some hope if this was to win but it reminds me of RAIVEN so it is unlikely they will send it.

I know she will serve on Saturday.

Kukuluku
Kukuluku
Reply to  Aaron

Where is the full leaked Version available?

aalltheway