After a one-month break, #EurovisionAgain returned on Saturday evening for its September run. This time Eurovision 2005 was the retro song contest of choice.
Scroll down to watch Eurovision 2005
As always, there was a new fan vote, although the winner stayed the same — Greece’s Helena Paparizou with “My Number One”.
Helena Paparizou wins #EurovisionAgain 2005
Listed below are the results for #EurovisionAgain 2005. The rankings are based on the votes of all those who decided to vote for their favourites while rewatching the Eurovision 2005 grand final on Saturday 20 September.
In brackets, we’ve included the differences between the new fan vote and the original result from 15 years ago.
#EurovisionAgain 2005 results
- Greece: Helena Paparizou “My Number One” (=)
- Israel: Shiri Maimon “Hasheket Shenish’ar” (+2)
- Switzerland: Vanilla Ninja “Cool Vibes” (+5)
- Malta: Chiara “Angel” (-2)
- Romania: Luminița Anghel & Sistem “Let Me Try” (-2)
- Norway: Wig Wam “In My Dreams” (+3)
- Hungary: NOX “Forogj, világ!” (+5)
- United Kingdom: Javine “Touch My Fire” (+14)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Feminnem “Call Me” (+5)
- Moldova: Zdob și Zdub “Boonika bate doba” (+4)
- Serbia and Montenegro: No Name “Zauvijek moja” (-4)
- Turkey: Gülseren “Rimi Rimi Ley” (+1)
- Latvia: Walters & Kazha “The War Is Not Over” (-8)
- Cyprus: Constantinos Christoforou “Ela Ela” (+4)
- Spain: Son de Sol “Brujería” (+6)
- Albania: Ledina Çelo “Tomorrow I Go” (=)
- Denmark: Jakob Sveistrup “Talking to You” (-8)
- France: Ortal “Chacun pense à soi” (+5)
- Croatia: Boris Novković feat. Lado Members “Vukovi umiru sami” (-8)
- Ukraine: GreenJolly “Razom nas bahato” (-1)
- North Macedonia: Martin Vučić “Make My Day” (-4)
- Sweden: Martin Stenmarck “Las Vegas” (-3)
- Russia: Natalia Podolskaya “Nobody Hurt No One” (-8)
- Germany: Gracia “Run and Hide” (=)
? #EurovisionAgain Results ?
Votes have been checked and verified.
Thank you @Mentimeter ?
Here are the scores from the KYIV 2005 Twitter jury ??
? GREECE WINS ?
— #EurovisionAgain (@EurovisionAgain) September 19, 2020
Watch Eurovision 2005 online
#EurovisionAgain may be over for now, but the Eurovision 2005 grand final remains online. You can watch the full show on the official Eurovision YouTube channel.
#EurovisionAgain is scheduled to return on Saturday 17 October at 21:00 CEST.
What is #EurovisionAgain
Throughout the first 15 weeks of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Eurovision Again team organised mass rewatchings of classic contests on Saturday evenings. The EBU soon came on board and began publishing previously unavailable entire show uploads on its YouTube channel.
The rewatches have since switched to monthly affairs, now taking place on the third Saturday of each month.
As well as organising rewatches, the Eurovision Again team has also added a fundraising element for various LGBTQ+ charities. Details can be found here.
What do you think? Did Helena deserve to win the rewatch? Let us know in the comments.