This is what we call epic! Back on February 27, we asked you who your favourite Eurovision 2017 act was so far in our latest poll. Y’all voted en masse, with 14,263 votes cast in total. We’ve been hard at work adding up those numbers and the results are in.
It’s Moldova’s SunStroke Project who y’all have as your number one right now with “Hey Mamma”! Get those dance moves and saxophones on stand by!
The band will return to Kyiv after their last outing at Oslo in 2010. There’s a lot of good will on their side too from their last appearance — after all, that was the birth of Epic Sax Guy — which they’re building on further.
We’ll be seeing a lot more of SunStroke Project in the next week, as their promo tour takes them to the Romanian, Greek and Lithuanian finals! That’s good news for their fans who voted them to first place, with 2,108 votes or 14.78% of the overall total!
Second place in our poll goes to last week’s poll winner, Alma. The French songstress is set to reveal the Eurovision version of her song “Requiem” this week.
We already know there’ll be un peu d’Anglais in there, but will there by any other changes? Regardless, what we’ve heard so far was enough for 1,992 votes from y’all.
Also slipping back one place to third is Italy’s Francesco Gabbani. He’s still dominating with the bookmakers and remains just as popular with y’all who are keeping him well at the top of our polls. Francesco received just under 12% of the overall vote, with 1,699 votes.
Fourth and fifth respectively are the UK’s Lucie Jones and Poland’s Kasia Mos. Both are well in the top five yet again and look like they have plenty of fans too.
After SunStroke Project, the next highest new entry to the poll is Denmark’s Anja Nissen, who places 7th with “Where I Am”. 910 votes put her well clear of Latvia’s Triana Park in 8th. Is it a good sign for Denmark’s hopes of being in the final for the first time since 2014?
In last place again was Germany’s Levina . “Perfect Life” just doesn’t seem to be motivating much support, whilst the plagiarism claims rumble on around the song. With just over 1% of the vote, it might take a serious revamp for her to move up the order.
Poll Results: Who is your favourite Eurovision 2017 act so far (February 27)
- Moldova: SunStroke Project, “Hey Mamma!” — 14.78% (2,108 votes)
- France: Alma, “Requiem” — 13.48% (1,992 votes)
- Italy: Francesco Gabbani, “Occidentali’s Karma” — 11.91% (1,699 votes)
- United Kingdom: Lucie Jones, “Never Give Up on You” — 7.24% (1,033 votes)
- Poland: Kasia Mos, “Flashlight” 6.877% — (980 votes)
- Switzerland: Timebelle, “Apollo” — 6.54% (933 votes)
- Denmark: Anja Nissen, “Where I Am” — 6.38% (910 votes)
- Latvia: Triana Park, “Line” — 5.29% (754 votes)
- Finland: Norma John, “Blackbird” — 4.37% (623 votes)
- Georgia: Tako Gachechiladze, “Keep the Faith” — 3.79% (541 votes)
- Hungary: Joci Papai, “Origo” — 3.4% (485 votes)
- Belarus: NAVIBAND, “Historyja majho zyccia” — 3.03% (432 votes)
- Albania: Lindita, “Botë” (World) — 2.94% (419 votes)
- Austria: Nathan Trent, “Running on Air” — 2.36% (336 votes)
- Ukraine: O.Torvald, “Time” — 1.91% (273 votes)
- Spain: Manel Navarro, “Do It For Your Lover” — 1.56% (222 votes)
- Malta: Claudia Faniello, “Breathlessly” — 1.54% (220 votes)
- Slovenia: Omar Naber, “On My Way” — 1.49% (213 votes)
- Germany: Levina, “Perfect Life” — 1.12% (160 votes)
Total votes: 14,263
Our next poll will open tomorrow evening, following Greece’s national selection. They’ll be joined in our poll by other acts who have revealed their song in the last week, including Romania, The Netherlands and Estonia!
Are SunStroke Project your favourite act so far? Do you think another act should be on top? Shout out your thoughts on the wiwibloggs app, or let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!