Afro-Dite, Sweden’s answer to Destiny’s Child, and Marie Serneholt, the hot blonde who hosted Melodifestivalen last year, are among the contestants making a comeback at Melodifestivalen 2012.
Earlier today SVT named them and 14 other acts who will be competing in the semi-finals taking place in Växjö and Gothenburg next February. They are:
Semifinal 1 – February 4th, Växjö:
- Loreen – Euphoria (Thomas G:son, Peter Boström)
- The Moniker – I want to be Chris Isaak (The Moniker)
- Thorsten Flinck & Revolutionsorkestern – Jag reser mig igen (Thomas G:son, Ted Ström)
- Dead by April – Mystery (Pontus Hjelm)
- Abalone Dots – På väg (Abalone Dots (Rebecka Hjukström, Sophia Hogman, Louise Holmer), Viktor Källgren)
- Marie Serneholt – Salt & pepper (Lina Eriksson, Mårten Eriksson, Figge Boström)
- Sean Banan – Sean den förste banan (Sean Banan, Joakim Larsson, Hans Blomberg, Mårten Andersson)
- Afro-Dite – The boy can dance (Figge Boström, Catrine Loqvist, Johan Lindman)
–> The eccentric Swede advanced from the second chance round and winded up third in the finals with his song “Oh My God.”
–>Long before Marie hosted Melodifestivalen 2011, she was one-fourth of the Swedish pop group A*Teens. Wiwi loves the fact that one of her singles is called “I Need A House.” (Me too).
–> Afro-Dite won Melodifestivalen ten years ago with the song “Never Let It Stop.” They went on to place eighth at Eurovision (while wearing a lot of of silver sequins). That, we think, deserves a video embed!
Semifinal 2 – February 11th, Gothenburg:
- Andreas Lundstedt – Aldrig aldrig (Niclas Lundin, Maria Marcus, Randy Goodrum)
- Top Cats – Baby doll (Mårten Eriksson, Lina Eriksson, Susie Päivärinta)
- Mimi Oh – Det går för långsamt (Anton Malmberg Hård af Segerstad, Niclas Lundin)
- Thomas Di Leva – Ge aldrig upp (Thomas Di Leva)
- Sonja Aldén – I din himmel (Sonja Aldén, Bobby Ljunggren, Peter Boström)
- David Lindgren – Shout it out (Tony Nilsson, Fernando Fuentes)
- Ulrik Munther – Soldiers (Ulrik Munther, Johan Åberg, Linnea Deb, Joy Deb, David Jackson)
- Timoteij – Stormande hav (Kristian Lagerström, Johan Fjellström, Stina Engelbrecht, Jens Engelbrecht)
–> If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Andreas has competed at Melodifestivalen seven times: three times on his own, and four times as a member of Alcazar. He’s never won. However, he did represent Switzerland at Eurovision 2006 as a member of six4one. Awful name.
–> Sonja competed at Melodifestivalen in 2007 with “För att du finns.” She reached the second chance round after finishing fourth in the semi-finals, and the song peaked at #3 on the Swedish charts. She also wrote the 2006 entry “Night of Passion” for the group The Poodles.
–> He is all about the drama. Hence his roles in musicals including Mamma Mia!, High School Musical, Hairspray and Singing in the Rain.
–> In September his debut album–also named Ulrik Munther–went straight to #1 on the Swedish charts. Dude is only 17!