In less than 12 hours we’ll know the line-up of Melodifestivalen 2019. But until then, Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet has one last look at the names reported to be in the next edition of the song contest. Melfest legend Arja Saijonmaa, new girl group High 15 and Melfest 2007 runner-up Andreas Johnson are said to be competing.
73-year-old Finnish-born Arja is said to be making a Melfest comeback. She has competed at Melodifestivalen twice before. Her best result was in 1987, where her song “Högt över havet” placed second and was only one point behind the winner.
In 2005, Arja returned to Mello, but her song “Vad du än trodde så trodde du fel” didn’t make it out of the semi-final.
Andreas Johnson will be making his seventh appearance at Melodifestivalen. He made his debut in 2006, where his song “Sing For Me” won its semi-final placed third in the grand final. The following year he did any better, with “A Little Bit of Love” placing second.
In 2008 he returned in duet with Melfest legend Carolla, but their entry “One Love” only made it as far as andra chansen. He also entered in 2010, 2012 and 2015, with mixed results. His most recent entry, “Living to Die” didn’t make it out of the semi-finals.
High 15 are a four-member girl group made up of Amie Parfitt, Alva Lindgren, Lleucu Young and Tiana Salmon. They came to fame on the 2017 edition of Sweden’s Got Talent. While the group didn’t progress past the semi-finals, it was enough to get them noticed.
The group released their first single “When We Were Kids” earlier this year, and also have a Christmas single.
Liamoo & Hanna Ferm
Ship alert! Earlier they were reported a solo artists, but Aftonbladet is now reporting that LIAMOO and Hanna Ferm will be performing as a duet. They both have backgrounds on Idol — he won in 2016, she was the runner-up in 2017.
The pair have performed together before. Liam joined Hanna for a guest due last year Idol. The pair performed Ariana Grande and The Weeknd’s sensual love song “Love Me Harder” and we can’t help wonder if their Mello entry will be a in a similar vein.
Aftonbladet has also emptied out their Melfest 2019 gossip folder, and has revealed all the acts they heard something about but didn’t have enough sources to publish.
- De Vet Du — SVT wanted them, they had a song ready, but were said to have decided no. However the lads have recently returned to Sweden, just in time for the press conference.
- Per Gessle — Last year the Roxette pop legend wrote for Norway’s NF, but will he be writing for Melodifestivalen this year?
- Axel Schylström — Was close to getting in again last time, might he have better luck in 2019?
- Sigrid Bernsson — Said to want to serve some dance-pop realness again, but SVT didn’t like her song.
- Ben Mitkus — Reported as completing by another paper, but Aftonbladet’s sources say this isn’t likely.
- ISA — She’s been spotted in the studio with Melfest regulars. Is it time for her to make another Melfest comeback?
- Lisa Ajax – Reported to have a big ballad for Melfest this year, but there’s worry that this might be too similar to Wiktoria’s entry.
- Saraha — Has been spotted busy in the studio and at songwriting camps, but it’s more likely she’ll be back as a songwriter.
- Bella & Filippa — Strongly rumoured for a return to Mello 2019, but Aftonbladet’s source says SVT hasn’t put them on the list.
- Sean Banan — The ever-eager banana-lover won’t be back this year. SVT have said no.
- Pernilla Wahlgren — There could have been room for Benjamin Ingrosso’s mum, but she was too busy with her one-woman show.
- Helena Paparizou —There was a song for her, but she said nej tack.
Melodifestivalen 2019 roll call
But there’s the list where Aftonbladet‘s multiple sources have said that something is definitely going on. We now have 24 of the 28 acts for Melfest, so there is still room for surprises at the announcement this morning.
- The Lovers of Valdaro
- Oscar Enestad
- Nano Omar
- Jan Malmsjö
- Anton Hagman
- Vlad Reiser
- Bishara Morad
- Ann-Louise Hanson
- Jon Henrik Fjällgren
- Lina Hedlund
- Dolly Style
- John Lundvik
- Anna Bergendahl
- Rebecka Karlsson
- Martin Stenmarck
- Malou Trasthe Prytz
- Hanna Ferm & LIAMOO
- Arja Saijonmaa
- High 15
- Andreas Johnson
The line-up of Melodifestivalen 2019 will be announced tomorrow, Tuesday 27, November. Wiwibloggs will have full coverage of the event.
What do you think? What six more acts would you like to see at Melfest 2019? Who else would you like to see in the Melodifestivalen 2019 lineup? Leave your comments below!