The Melfest rumour mill spun wildly for months. But, as of 26 November, we now know the 28 acts who will compete to represent Sweden at Eurovision 2020 in Rotterdam.
The 60th edition of the Swedish music extravaganza begins on 1 February. And while SVT didn’t get all of its wishes, there’s still plenty of names to get excited about.
Former winners Anna Bergendahl and Robin Bengtsson are making a return, both for a third time. The backing vocalists for 2019’s winner The Mamas will also be performing their own song.
Former runners-up Felix Sandman and Méndez are hoping to go one better. And stars from the last edition Malou Prytz, Hanna Ferm, Mohombi and Anis Don Demina are back for more.
Some notable hitmakers debuting in in 2020 include Jakob Karlberg, who went four-times platinum in 2015 with his song “Fan va bra”, and sixteen-year-old Suzi P.
Snoop Dogg collaborator Paul Rey and popular dansband Drängarna are also venturing inside the Mello bubble for the first time.
On the flip side, we also have many Melfest legends in the lineup. Mariette and Sonja Aldén are making their fourth appearances — the former never failed to win her semi-final.
Linda Bengtzing competes for the seventh time. She’s bested, however, by Nanne Grönvall on attempt number eight. Nanne won in 1996 as part of One More Time. She also happens to be part of Jakob Karlberg’s songwriting team this year. We love them all.
The songs are of course will be heard in full for the first time on the Melodifestivalen stage, but these names alone are enough to get the Melfest juices flowing. Let us know which name has got you the most excited for spring next year, and then get the talk going in the comments section. You can vote for as many acts as you’d like, but you can only vote one time.
Melodifestivalen 2019 Semi-Finals
Deltävling 1 – Linköping
- Malou Prytz with “Ballerina”
- Felix Sandman with “Boys with Emotions”
- OVÖ with “Inga problem”
- The Mamas with “Move”
- Suzi P with “Moves”
- Sonja Aldén with “Sluta aldrig gå”
- Robin Bengtsson with “Take a Chance”
Deltävling 2 – Gothenburg
- Linda Bengtzing with “Alla mina sorger”
- Dotter with “Bulletproof”
- Anna Bergendahl with “Kingdom Come”
- Thorsten Flinck with “Miraklernas tid”
- Klara Hammarström with “Nobody”
- Paul Rey with “Talking in My Sleep”
- Méndez feat. Alvaro Estrella with “Vamos amigos”
Deltävling 3 – Luleå
- Faith Kakembo with “Crying Rivers”
- Amanda Aasa with “Late”
- Albin Johnsén with “Livet börjar nu”
- Drängarna with “Piga och dräng”
- Mariette with “Shout It Out”
- Anis Don Demina with “Vem är som oss”
- Mohombi with “Winners”
Deltävling 4 – Malmö
- Hanna Ferm with “Brave”
- Nanne Grönvall with “Carpool Karaoke”
- William Strid with “Molnljus”
- Jakob Karlberg with “Om du tror att jag saknar dig”
- Ellen Benediktson and Simon Peyron with “Surface”
- Victor Crone with “Troubled Waters”
- Frida Öhrn with “We Are One”
Poll: Which Melodifestivalen 2020 act are you most excited for?