Poland’s search for a Eurovision star will continue in a few days’ time. But ahead of Sunday’s third semi-final of Szansa na Sukces – Eurowizja 2020, we asked our readers to vote for which semi three act they were most excited for. And the results are in — Albert Černý is your pre-show favourite.
But before we take a look at the poll results, let’s quickly preview what to expect in episode three of the new series.
Poland’s Szansa na Sukces – Eurowizja 2020: Semi-final three
As with the opening two episodes, seven acts will compete for one spot in the final. However, whereas acts from the first two semis were challenged with ABBA and Eurovision hits respectively, the third batch will be required to take on some evergreens from The Beatles’ back cataglogue.
They’ll be judged by an expert jury made up of song contest alums Cleo (2014), Michal Szpak (2016) and Gromee (2018). This panel will select one act who will qualify for the final. The chosen performer will join Kasia Dereń and Alicja Szemplińska.
We will only hear their songs for Rotterdam in the final
Semi-final three running order and songs
- Marek Kaliszuk “Help!”
- Nick Sinckler “Can’t Buy Me Love”
- Basia Gąsienica Giewont “Love Me Do”
- Albert Černý “Please Please Me”
- Norbert Legieć “She Loves You”
- Marzena Ryt “Twist and Shout”
- Adrian Makar “A Hard Day’s Night”
The pre-recorded show will air at 15:15 CET on Sunday 16 February on TVP 2.
Albert Černý is your favourite
We counted a total of 920 votes. And the result was clear cut.
The frontman of Lake Malawi — the Czech Republic’s Eurovision 2019 act — Albert Černý absolutely dominated the ballot. He picked up 454 votes, which amounts to a huge 49.35% of all votes cast.
Only two other acts hit triple digits. They were Marek Kaliszuk with 150 votes and Marzena Ryt with 145 votes.
- Albert Černy 49.35% (454 votes)
- Marek Kaliszuk 16.3% (150 votes)
- Marzena Ryt 15.76% (145 votes)
- Nick Sinckler 9.46% (87 votes)
- Basia Gąsienica Giewont 4.13% (38 votes)
- Adrian Makar 2.93% (27 votes)
- Norbert Legieć 2.07% (19 votes)
Total Votes: 920
Do you agree with the poll results? Do you expect Albert to secure victory in reality too? Let us know in the comments.