The end has come. On Saturday evening, Eurovision fans settled down for the last edition of #EurovisionAgain… for now. This time, they were rewatching the grand final of Eurovision 2014.
And while all the performances remained the exact same, viewers voted afresh. But the winner remained unchanged — Austria’s Conchita Wurst with “Rise Like A Phoenix”.
Scroll down to watch Eurovision 2014
Conchita Wurst wins #EurovisionAgain 2014
Listed below are the results for #EurovisionAgain 2014. The rankings are based on the votes of more than 3,000 people who decided to vote for their favourites while rewatching the Eurovision 2014 grand final on Saturday 27 June.
In brackets, we’ve included the differences between the new fan vote and the original result from six years ago.
#EurovisionAgain 2014 results
- Austria: Conchita Wurst “Rise Like a Phoenix” (=)
- Sweden: Sanna Nielsen “Undo” (+1)
- Netherlands: The Common Linnets “Calm After the Storm” (-1)
- Spain: Ruth Lorenzo “Dancing in the Rain” (+6)
- United Kingdom: Molly “Children of the Universe” (+12)
- Norway: Carl Espen “Silent Storm” (+2)
- Ukraine: Mariya Yaremchuk “Tick-Tock” (-1)
- Finland: Softengine “Something Better” (+3)
- Iceland: Pollapönk “No Prejudice” (+6)
- Switzerland: Sebalter “Hunter of Stars” (+3)
- Romania: Paula Seling & Ovi “Miracle” (+1)
- Hungary: András Kállay-Saunders “Running” (-7)
- Poland: Donatan & Cleo “My Słowianie – We Are Slavic” (+1)
- France: TWIN TWIN “Moustache” French (+12)
- Armenia: Aram MP3 “Not Alone” English (-11)
- Greece: Freaky Fortune feat. RiskyKidd “Rise Up” (+4)
- Denmark: Basim “Cliché Love Song” (-8)
- Italy: Emma “La mia città” (+3)
- Malta: Firelight “Coming Home” (+4)
- Slovenia: Tinkara Kovač “Round and Round” (+5)
- Montenegro: Sergej Ćetković “Moj svijet” (-2)
- San Marino: Valentina Monetta “Maybe” (+2)
- Russia: Tolmachevy Sisters “Shine” (-16)
- Azerbaijan: Dilara Kazimova “Start a Fire” (-2)
- Germany: Elaiza “Is It Right” (-7)
- Belarus: Teo “Cheesecake” (-10)
? #EUROVISIONAGAIN RESULTS ?
Votes have been verified by Dr @Ellie_Made EurovisionAgain Exec Supervisor.
Here are the scores from the COPENHAGEN 2014 Twitter jury ??
?CONCHITA WINS ?? ?
— #EurovisionAgain (@EurovisionAgain) June 27, 2020
Watch Eurovision 2014 online
#EurovisionAgain may be over for now, but the Eurovision 2014 grand final remains online. You can watch the full show on the official Eurovision YouTube channel.
The weekly editions of #EurovisionAgain have finished. However, the rewatches will continue.
#EurovisionAgain will now switch to a monthly schedule, broadcasting a vintage contest on the third Saturday of each month. Therefore, #EurovisionAgain will be back on 18 July at 21:00 CEST.
What is #EurovisionAgain
For the past several weeks, since the COVID-19 pandemic first took hold, the Eurovision Again team has been organising mass rewatchings of classic contests on Saturday evenings. The EBU soon came on board and began publishing previously unavailable entire show uploads on its YouTube channel.
As well as organising rewatches, the Eurovision Again team has also added a fundraising element for various LGBT+ charities. Details can be found here.
What do you think? Did Conchita deserve to win the rewatch? Has “Rise Like A Phoenix” aged well? Let us know in the comments.