In December, #EurovisionAgain will celebrate Eurovision non-qualifiers, with a fan rewatch and vote of 20 of the best songs that never made it to a grand final. But before that, we want to know which non-qualifiers are your favourites. We’re running a series of polls to see which acts wiwibloggs readers think deserve a second chance.

The polls include all countries who had more than one non-qualifier in the semi-finals era — from 2004 onwards. Listen to the non-qualifying tracks and vote for your favourites! We’re continuing with Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark and Estonia.

What is your favourite non-qualifier from Cyprus?

What is your favourite non-qualifier from the Czech Republic?

2007: Kabát – “Malá dáma”

2008: Tereza Kerndlová – “Have Some Fun”

2009: Gipsy.cz“Aven Romale”

2015: Marta Jandová & Václav Noid Bárta – “Hope Never Dies”

2017: Martina Bárta – “My Turn”

What is your favourite non-qualifier from Denmark?

What is your favourite non-qualifier from Estonia?

Previous polls

Which non-qualifiers are your favourites? Who would you like to see have another shot at Eurovision? Tell us your thoughts below!

See more of our polls here

9 days ago

Cyprus 2007
CZ 2015
DK 2016
Estonia 2017

Estonia had a few entries that deserved to be in the final like 2010, 2007, 2014, 2016 and maybe 2004 too.

Czech Republic was robbed in 2015, i think they were top 10 in televoting. I wish their staging was better….

Denmark’s best entries have qualified. Their bland songs have stayed out of the final.

Cyprus is underrated. 2007 should have been in the final! I also liked 2006 (horrible dress though) and 2008 (nice Greek song but the singer was too nervous).

Tibor
Tibor
13 days ago

I’m not too upset about most of these non-qualifications. For me the biggest injustice remains the elimination of Malcolm Lincoln’s “Siren” in 2010. A song that is not only well composed but was also flawlessly performed. And we all know that this is not always a given on the Eurovision stage, regardlessly of how we feel about the song itself.

Nils
Nils
12 days ago
Reply to  Tibor

I bought the album on a trip to Estonia. Really bold, really futuristic, really fun. I’d highly recommend it, but it definitely isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.
It’s a pity they’ve split up. 🙁

Last edited 12 days ago by Nils
Tibor
Tibor
10 days ago
Reply to  Nils

I listened to the album at the time and downloaded a couple of tracks, because I thought, I’d perhaps warm to them, but in my opinion they didn’t hold what “Siren” had promised, for me it remained by far the best track on the record. But you’re right, it’s sad, they haven’t published more music. Robin Juhkental unfortunately doesn’t seem to be too active as a soloist, either.

14 days ago

My choices:
Cyprus: 2007 (Comme ci, comme ça) – Most memorable one out of a mostly forgotten list (sorry).
Czech Republic: 2017 (My Turn) – Beautiful song that is really underrated, (plus I can sing along with it, yey).
Denmark: 2016 (Soldiers of Love) – A strong song that was overlooked.
Estonia: Obviously “Verona”, but I’m also a fan of “Siren” and “Partners in Crime.”

stommie
stommie
15 days ago

Comme Si, Comme Ca, Mala Dama and Siren.
Didn’t vote for the Danish non qualifiers, because they all were atrocious and none of them deserves a second chance.

Quri
Quri
15 days ago

Still don’t understand why The legend Evridiki didn’t qualify in 2007. That song was in my top 10 of that year and her performance was amazing.

stommie
stommie
15 days ago
Reply to  Quri

Well, she looked a bit scary as if she drank a few coffees too many. Besides, it was a semi with 27 songs and only 10 qualifiers. Glad they changed the rules a year later.

ESC8
ESC8
15 days ago

Cyprus: 2007, by far! It deserved to be in the final! OK, maybe her French are not the best, but come on, this song could’ve participated 10 years later and it still could’ve made an impact Czech Republic: 2015.If it had been 100% televoting in 2015, then this would have been Czech Republic’s first entry to make it to the final and deservedly so. However, I also voted for 2008, it is a guilty pleasure for me, and compraing it with some other entries of the 2nd semi in 2008, this should have done better! Denmark: 2016. It’s not that… Read more »

15 days ago
Reply to  ESC8

I am glad there are more fans of Play. I also picked 2015 for The Czech Republic. Likewise, I have to admit that their 2008 entry is my guilty pleasure. It’s insanely catchy, while the lyrics are just deliciously campy.

ESC8
ESC8
15 days ago
Reply to  Colin

Judging by your previous post, we have pretty much the same taste regarding these songs (except for ‘An Me Thimasai’).
Let’s wait for the next polls and we’ll see if our taste remains the same with the other countries as well
(I’m really sorry for any possible mistakes, but it’s too late and english is not my mother tongue)

15 days ago
Reply to  ESC8

Sure, lets see and compare. 🙂 I believe that the next post will have Finland, Georgia, Greece and Hungary.

No worries, English is a second / third language to many (dare I say, most) of us here and occasional mistakes are normal. I often misspell something in haste and then don’t remember to edit it. Besides, I think your English is pretty okay based on these posts.

Nate
Nate

Play and Soldiers of Love are my guilty pleasures

Leo
Leo
16 days ago

Any takers for The Way You Are? It didn’t really deserve to qualify, but was better than some qualifiers in its heat, and is imo the best of the 25 songs here. Leto Svet was a very random song, though Ireland was the funnier and superior of the silly pair in 2008.

TheDr Mistery
TheDr Mistery
16 days ago

Cyprus: 2011. Atmospheric and moody. I’m shocked how low it was placed (and how high was Greece that year). I’m fine with Wiwi’s choice, though.
Czech Republic: 2015. Start of the right path for the country. Vaclav’s vocal performance was amazing!
Denmark: 2016. I don’t care what anyone says – this should have qualified. I still listen to this often.
Estonia: 2010. Alternative stuff is rare in ESC but this is one of the better examples of it. But once again I’m fine with Wiwi’s decision.

Me!
Me!

Cyprus: 2007
Czech Republic: 2015
Denmark: 2007
Estonia: 2007 & 2017

Azaad
Azaad
16 days ago

Denmark is a country that easily qualifies, so their NQs are really bad.

Lolek
Lolek
16 days ago

The only one I felt strongly about was 2017 Estonia with Verona. I really felt like it should have qualified.

16 days ago

My picks: Cyprus 2011: Greek words, pretty good colective vocal effort, pretty innovative “choreo”, good looking dudes. The song was a bit meh and for the life of me I could not understand why they included the woman vocalist with the light ball. Czechia 2017: lovely Martina with her special voice in a very good song with very nice lyrics. I still listen to it. It’s brought me some very good moments ever since. So thank you. Denmark 2016: I cannot understand why they failed to qualify. It’s a pop b*an(ger at its best with nice dynamic uplifting lyrics and… Read more »

Diabolo
Diabolo
16 days ago

Cyprus: Femme Fatale (2008) (Don’t judge me)
Czech Republic: Hope Never Dies (2015)
Denmark: Soldiers Of Love (2016)
Estonia: Verona (2017)

Veta
Veta
16 days ago

Oh, what an edition of masterpieces today! 1. Czech Republic – here comes the most robbed song ever in the history of the contest: Mala Dama – 42d place? They were my winners of 2007. Overall the second place in my personal ranking of all non-qualifying Eurovision entries. But speaking about Czech Republic, all 5 of their non-qualifying songs were amazing. One of my favourite countries in ESC. 2. Estonia – Verona, an obvious decision for me. And 3d in my overall ideal-picks ranking. Although Siren deserves a special mention too. 3. Denmark – Soldiers of Love, an obvious choice… Read more »

Last edited 16 days ago by Veta
Heyey
Heyey

Cyprus – Comme ci, comme ça
Czech Republic – Hope Never Dies
Denmark – Soldiers Of Love
Estonia – Play

PP77
PP77

Denmark 2007

PP77
PP77
16 days ago

Cyprus 2007,2011 (2007 deserve TOP 10 in final)
Czech Republic 2015
Estonia 2004,2014,2017 (all 3 deseve final)

Regina Phalange
Regina Phalange
16 days ago

Despina, Tereza, DQ and Gerli (Ik unpopular opinions here)

Regina Phalange
Regina Phalange
16 days ago

Gerli being by far my fave. Very underrated song.

Ieva
Ieva
16 days ago

I absolutely adore Siren, to me it’s the best song in ESC history.

Indiana07
Indiana07
16 days ago

Denmark 2016, Estonia 2017 and Czechia 2015 are the best non-qualifiers.

16 days ago

Cyprus – An me thimasai, but I do think that Comme ci, Comme ca should have qualified too.

Czech Republic – Hope Never Dies, by a clear mile. It’s in my top ten of 2015.

Denmark – Soldiers of Love is pretty catchy and fun.

Estonia – Play. My winner of 2016. I know that Verona will probably get this one (and I do think it’s okay), but it’s definitely Play for me. Siren and Amazing are good songs too.

Last edited 16 days ago by Colin
Evridiki
Evridiki
16 days ago

I can’t believe “Shame on You” is last in the poll. Good song and it’s clearly the best among these 4. I guess many people forgot about this entry or younger fans don’t bother listening to “older” songs.

Nobody Important
Nobody Important
16 days ago

Cyprus: Comme Ci, Comme Ca – Robbed! Cypriot best entry of 2000’s!
Czechia: Hope Never Dies – Is there even more to say?
Denmark: Soldiers of Love – By default.
Estonia: Play – Verona is overrated. Never understood the hype. Play definitely didn’t deserve the last place in the semi!

Leo
Leo

I think I’ll never understand what people liked about Verona

Ashton
Ashton
Reply to  Leo

Same. It’s just dated and cheesy, and their voices do not mesh with each other.

Ashton
Ashton
15 days ago
Reply to  Ashton

ok sure, upvote Leo for giving an opinion but downvote me for doing the exact same.

Erasmus
Erasmus
Reply to  Leo

I don’t think it’s bad, and it deserved the Q, but it certainly wasn’t a top 10 material (even tho 2017 was quite a weak year)

Lolek
Lolek
Reply to  Leo

Technically it did fall within the top 10 of the popular vote for their semi final (coming in 6th) so it certainly wasn’t disliked by the viewers. Alas the jury killed its chances of going to the final by giving it the second lowest jury score for the semi.

TheDr Mistery
TheDr Mistery
Reply to  Lolek

I’m surprised that televoting didn’t push them to the final anyway. I thought they were getting like 40-50 points more than they did from the voters.