While the usual live pre-party events aren’t able to be held during the pandemic, things are still happening virtually. On Saturday night Spain’s PrePartyES21 was held, featuring performances from 30 of the 39 competing acts in Eurovision 2021. But who gave the best performance?

Thirty competing acts performed their Eurovision 2021 songs, with many also performing songs or paying tribute to Spanish Eurovision classics. The locations of the performances also varied. Some gave classic “at home” performances from their own places, some performed a stripped-back acoustic version in a studio, while others gave a full-on version of their Eurovision performance.

But who gave the best performance? Click on the links below and check out the 30 performance then vote for your favourites in the poll. As always, you can vote for as many performances as you like — but you can only vote once, so make it count!

Note: while there were other iconic performances at PrePartyES21, including some from former Eurovision stars and national final acts, we’re only looking at the performances of competing songs in Eurovision 2021.

PrePartyES21 performances

Who gave the best performance at Spain’s PrePartyES21?

Vote in more Eurovision polls here

Pancake
Pancake

I really enjoyed Bulgaria’s preparty performance. It was cool, atmospheric, laid-back, and down-to-earth. Also, the Spanish took me a bit by surprise even though I’m not a Spanish speaker hehe.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra

Definitely a strong year: My favourites: Ukraine, Romania, UK, Czechia, Belgium, Russia, Germany, France, Lithuania, Italien. Austrian here

Chris
Chris

Greece was announced as participant but we have never seen them

Hellooooo
Hellooooo
Reply to  Chris

I have read that they didn’t send it in in time

lasse braun
lasse braun

playback no.1 clearly ukraine because very cool & funny.
true live clearly no.1 russia (voted for here)!

total
1.russia
2.ukraine
3.lithuania

also good san marino,latvia and portugal.

lasse braun
lasse braun
Reply to  lasse braun

something forgotten:
outside the 2021 contest dami im was the best with her sounds of silence version. 🙂

Rye
Rye

I somewhat like the song from Bulgaria, but after seeing how Bulgarian fans act here on other people I have to say I’m not supporting that country anymore.

Toxic bullying by them is almost like a hobby that has continued for a while now!

Vic
Vic

Russia, then Romania

There was Russia….
…then everybody else.

Boreal
Boreal

Natalia Gordienko

Let’s hope Bulgaria will withdraw after this year, cause this toxic community can eat their a$$! Go downvoting now, disgusting people!

Reply to  Alex

More downvotes, guys! You are gay queens for a reason, cmon!

Last edited 3 months ago by Alex
iswis
iswis
Reply to  Alex

THIS! I don’t take the comments section in wiwibloggs seriously anymore. Most people are trolling to get a reaction or just plain stupid. When the stupid react to the trolls it ain’t pretty lmao.

Nati
Nati
Reply to  Alex

What happened?

Europotato
Europotato

Destiny was lip syncing a pre recording. All lip syncing from last night in my opinion should be removed from this list.

willchrisiam
willchrisiam

It’s funny how Senhit made Blas’ song sound 10 times better and how he did the same for hers. She seems really nice and so full of life but I just don’t like her voice. Her rendition of Universo really impressed me because she never sounded better, at least to me.

Kian
Kian

I really enjoyed the performance of Albania – I actually did not expect this (because I did not have high expectations probably) – but it was amazing!

Doris
Doris

Nice taste

Doris
Doris

Only 3 or 4 were maybe genuine live : Latvia, Ireland, Moldova, (North Macedonia ?)

Coco
Coco
Reply to  Doris

Indeed. You’ve said the right words.

sam
sam

manizha sang ne ver ne boisia one of the most ICONIC stage performances in eurovision history….. she’s going to do something crazy and make a statement on stage i already see it coming

Tul
Tul

We can just -400 from Bulgaria, since the bots really went crazy.

willchrisiam
willchrisiam
Reply to  Tul

And to even sing Billie’s song after all the comments and comparisons… Shows how much she cares about authenticity.

Reply to  willchrisiam

She can not sing whatever she likes because she needs to pay attention to you and make you happy? Grow up!

Reply to  Tul

The only bots here are the disgusting haters like you!

Sot
Sot

It’s definitely weird seeing all those fan favourites so low, like Malta, San Marino, Lithuania, Cyprus etc…

Only France gave a solid performance, according to the audience, and that certainly says something..!

Nati
Nati
Reply to  Sot

I loved Lithuania

Jamie
Jamie

Marry me.

Ted
Ted

Honestly Russia and Croatia were phenomenal.

Escfan
Escfan
Reply to  Ted

Croatia wasn’t even live… Albina was lip-syncing

Ironlady95
Ironlady95
Reply to  Escfan

True! Sashay away…

Jessie
Jessie

Russia dark horse this year

Anita
Anita

I actually liked them very much in their suits – gave me some Beatles vibes.

Anita
Anita

I agree! And what an politically explosive one.

Mert
Mert

Definitely Manizha served the best show among all of the participants. The way they mashed the song up with Ne ver Ne boysia , the way backvocalists enjoyed singing with Manizha, the energy of the room… Everything was amazing with that record. After learning the lyrics and get to know about her energy more yesterday, she jumped to my first place on the scoreboard. Wishing her good luck at the contest, I would have voted 20 times for her at the contest if we were participating…

Anita
Anita

Yes, let’s have Ireland in the final. But please do some maths. You need to decide, because the three you have mentioned can’t advance together. At least I don’t think so.

Cozmin COZMA
Cozmin COZMA

Roxen was awesome! Vocals just on point, her voice is so good and her new live version of the song it’s getting this even more dramatic and interesting, applause to her!
She’s stunning, beautiful and unique…. serving Art!

Manizha is really charismatic, loved her moment and I find her performance quite epic!

Loved also Germany, Ireland and Bulgaria!

Bella
Bella

For me Cyprus, France and Romania.

Last edited 3 months ago by Bella
MALTESER
MALTESER

TiX… ah sorry, KEiiNO 😀

Last edited 3 months ago by MALTESER
Heartbeater
Heartbeater

Ukraine Serbia and Russia were my top along with Bulgaria, Romania and France were all amazing however When watching the live stream I hated that there were so many toxic Italian complaining that when was Maneskin and I felt bad for Vasil because he decided to do something different and he got so much hate and all of the people that were claiming that all of the artist use playback however from listening again I can say that Serbia and Russia did do live and Croatia used playback the others I struggled to tell

Doris
Doris

Downvoting the truth, lmao.

Doris
Doris

Lol how can this poll is about peformance when this was from all I’ve heard not live but pre-recorded like studio cuts and post production beyond it.

Last edited 3 months ago by Doris
Doris
Doris

Yes absolutely this was not live lmao. Stupid po*eople bying it as live performances lmao.

williamleeadams
williamleeadams

Can I just ask how Croatia and Ukraine have votes? Uhmm they didn’t even sing live. You’re just ranking playback lol

Sultan
Sultan

Hmm. If Russian hate their own contestant, who is voting for her in this poll? The system has broken. Alert: dark horse.

I think, that Russia’s neighbors will not help them with voting this year being conservative.

Jamie
Jamie
Reply to  Sultan

It’s the Russian boomers that hate Manizha. They don’t use the internet.

Vytautas
Vytautas

I liked (in order how artists appeared): Romania, Albania, UK, Australia, Ireland, Lithuania, Azerbaijan, Sweden, France. General observation – I don’t trust people with sunglasses and I did notice a trend of sunglasses in this pre-party. Are you scared to show your eyes, honey? Also, I intentionally did not put on the I-like-list those artists who were using their studio recordings instead of singing live (Croatia and Belgium, for example).

Kas
Kas

Croatia for sure. Not sure about 3 more. What do you think ?

Nati
Nati

Loved the Roop, these guys are amazing and Vaidotas has such a nice voice timbre . I loved Portugal and UK very much too as well as Belgium. Iceland – not too bad. Italy- not too bad. Manizha – too messy for me. French song absolutely not my cup of tea- so no go. Bulgaria felt a bit boring to me. Romania just another girl who hit the last note- there are many singers like that. Cyprus – I did not like the manner how she cut it when singing “el diablo” . San Marino felt really bad vocally as… Read more »

Giolo
Giolo

KEiiNO, Manizha, Go_A and Hooverphonic won the night in my opinion. Top 10 materials

*Slightly* disappointed because TIX and Fyr & Flamme did not participate. “Ut av mørket” is my most listened to song so far this Eurovision year together with Gebrasy’s “Where You’d Wanna Go”. “Øve os på hinanden” is a steady grower for me. I am sure it would have grown more had I watched them today. Well!!
I hope they three are all ok!!

Sven
Sven

Italy, Ukraine and Romania were the best for me, amazing!

and yeah the flute guy Ihor is so cute 😉

Devilchu
Devilchu
Reply to  Sven

I agree! I also liked Belgium and Czech Republic though. Benny Cristo suprised me with those wonderful live vocals and such a sweet disposition. Hooverphonic was just pure class as usual. <3

On the other hand Ireland surprised me with Lesley not being able to sing their participating song at all that well. She’s clearly an Alto most comfortable in the medium to low register and she couldn’t hit any of those hight notes that make Maps good. Disappointed and concerned. :/

Sven
Sven
Reply to  Devilchu

Belgium was much better than I expected
Benny sounded wonderful and he is such charming artist 🙂

I’m worried about Lesley with such unconvincing live she will not qualify

Pleasantly surprised, this year is full of talent. Manizha is pure fire, Go_A and Jendrik being really funny and enjoyable, Senhit continues fighting to be an Eurovision icon, Elena Tsagrinou and Hurricane delivering surprisingly good vocals… and I can continue mentioning more and more artists. So good, they can be really proud of what they’re doing!

Giolo
Giolo

Agree, it would be so cool to have those two in top 2 with the public a là 2016

I wouldn’t mind that actually, After watching this preparty I am more convinced than ever that Russia would be a great winner this year.

I like Ukraine’s song even more but I am afraid they wouldn’t be able to host that soon after 2017, current conditions notwithstanding.

Jose
Jose

I enjoyed a lot Germany with a “live” performance, not like others. It was fun, very creative, sincere and crazy. They enjoyed a lot doing that performance. And It’s curious that I have voted for Germany because the song is not my cup of tea, but the pre-parties were born for that . Thanks Eurovision Spain and I hope for Blas a good result

What is wrong with the people here? This is very first time Bulgaria is even leading a poll and you guys can’t say anything, but hate!? People showing hate even at the news for her father been ill was seriously crossing the line… sad to see!!!

Pancake
Pancake
Reply to  Alex

IKR! Seeing people being hateful against her just because she’s open about what she feels is literally just sad.

Last edited 3 months ago by Pancake

KEiiNO: watching KEiiNO just reminded me how strong “Monument” is. Alexandra, Fred and Tom Hugo deserve every success. Daði Freyr: from amazing “human” quality to another – I remember watching Daði Freyr on “Eurovision Shine a Light” and being impressed with his voice. The Christmas song made the same impression on me. I like this simpler version of “10 Years” and also the one with Gagnamagnið. Dami Im: just wonderful. Lovely set-up. Thanks for recalling the 2016 staging. That made me smile. Iconic performance for sure. Ukraine: lovely apartment tour 🙂 One camera rolling from one person to another in… Read more »

Victoria singing in Spanish was such a moment!!!

Last edited 3 months ago by Alex
Ende
Ende
Reply to  Alex

I agreed more when your comment was non edited and you were using “?” instead of “!”

Foby
Foby

Sanja from Hurricane slapped with that key change. Roxen is my favorite last night also.

medo
medo

Where can we vote for Senhit x Blas collab? 😀

Overall, I loved Manizha the most but everyone was great. It was really good pre-party, thanks spaniards.

Jimmy Smit
Jimmy Smit
Reply to  medo

That should have ended the show! Really well done.

As sweet as she is, all the nonsense with Suzy was completely unnecessary.

I wanna talk about Germany as well. Jendrick really stood out for me yesterday. He put smile on my face and was very enjoyable. Feels genuine.

Last edited 3 months ago by Alex
Barcelonadicto
Barcelonadicto

What an amazing show they managed to put together. My ESC heart was really happy. My favourite performance of the night: Germany – whereas the song itself still is not 100% my cup of tea, I love the overall package and how much effort and joy he puts into his work Also (suprisingly) good: Romania, Belgium, Ireland, Russia and Ukraine (both latter songs I don’t like 100%, but the performance/video was impressive) A tiny bit “disappointed” by: San Marino, Malta (her voice is superb, but I am a bit tired of her “alternative” versions) Had to mute: Australia and North… Read more »

Last edited 3 months ago by Barcelonadicto