Photo: Diego Pinzon for Wiwibloggs

Many performers live by the mantra “turn up the heat or go down in flames.” Surely Senhit is among them. Beyond the kerosene and gasoline in her lyrics, San Marino’s Eurovision 2021 star has unveiled the final piece of her total slayage realness honey tool kit: American rapper Flo Rida.

After months of teasing, footage emerged of him in Rotterdam on Tuesday. On Wednesday afternoon we finally saw him on stage inside Rotterdam Ahoy. During Senhit’s dress rehearsal for the Semi-Final 2 jury show, he turned up and turned out, helping give Senhit extra confidence as she moved from her spinning platform to the runway. You can check out the rehearsal footage in our Insta clip below.

Flo Rida joins Senhit ahead of Eurovision 2021 jury show

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by wiwibloggs (@wiwibloggs)

These are the lyrics that Flo Rida sings.

Senhit got adrenaline (adrenalina)
Step in the party, ’cause she know to do my body like hot coals
Gasoline, kerosene, stop, drop, roll
I can’t blame it on the stove
911 when she comin’ down the pole
Yeah, we’re like flames when we touch, can’t get enough
We get ignited, so excited, you can feel a rush
Like cloud fire, more fire when we in the club
Put up my lighter, got the heat, she got me burnin’ up
Whoa, so hot, look at it steam up
We got the blaze, so inferno when we team up
Hotspot, hot girl, have you seen her?
We up in smoke, fireworks, adrenalina (whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh)

Speaking to Eurovision.tv on Tuesday, Senhit said:

“Actually when I invited him to join me on the Eurovision stage back in March, the decision was made there with joy. It was not easy to predict the traveling restrictions, but there we go… I’m very happy to have him with me to perform ADRENALINA, not only to Europe but to the whole world! We are ready!”

As for Flo, the “Good Feeling” hitmaker said:

“What’s up Netherlands, it’s your man Flo Rida!

I’m so excited to see you guys at the Eurovision Song Contest. I’ll be hitting the stage with the superstar talented Senhit to perform our new record Adrenalina.

It’s such a good feeling to be back in Europe after so long. I’m very grateful to be able to perform once again, and on the biggest stage in the world.”

So did Flo Rida know about Eurovision before coming into contact with the Italian star?

“I had no idea about it,” he told the BBC. “I definitely didn’t. Her people reached out to my people. Right now I’m working on my album and everything and I was in album mode and I was like, ‘I have some free time.’ So I got a chance to listen to the record and I was like, ‘Woah, it’s very high energy like what I love.’”

The rapper also admitted that he doesn’t know too much about the Most Serene Republic, which has a population of around 34,000 and is known among Eurofans for stars like Valentina Monetta.

“There’s a lot that I need to know but I know one thing — I have a lot of fans in San Marino and I definitely appreciate the love,” adding, “I’m definitely loving the fans.”

he looks like a tourist on stage and Senhit is the drunk auntie we all want to hang out with

ROMAN ORLIK

Why don’t we just see her performance with FloRida, TeXas, DallAs, GreenLand…..whatever….and then talk whether she is good or meh.
I don’t give a f..lorida

ROMAN
Reply to  ROMAN ORLIK

So…it was meh

Did he forget his pants in America?

helloman
helloman

Flo Rida has never visited San Marino, but I think Senhit has. Atleast the bald turkish man… what was his name again..Serhut..noo.. SERHAT. Senhit’s brother.

BB111
BB111
Reply to  helloman

Oooooooo common why you must be so bitchy? I just hate people like you, who are always just critisising and bad mouthing others. Must be soo empty your life.

Last edited 2 months ago by BB111
helloman
helloman
Reply to  BB111

What?? bitchy? My comment was a nice compliment. Some ESC-fans are so toxic. I LOVE San Marino. People clearly misunderstood my comment. Or maybe they got convinced that im rude because of your comment!!
I am not rude! I love Flo Rida, Senhit and Serhat, such eurovision icons.

Last edited 2 months ago by helloman
helloman
helloman
Reply to  helloman

stop disliking 🙂 I meant it as a fun fact and a joke.

Dan
Dan

This is so random
I love it HAHAH

We can see new the graphics but maybe that was the plan all along LOL!!

Is San Marino the only country that makes use of the large screens to show off their artists? Literally, one of the most in the face things this year. It looks good. The more people in the venue will see their happy faces, the better!!

Will Mr Flo Rida wear pants on TV? He doesn’t look good with knee-lenght trousers.

Popeye Spinach
Popeye Spinach

6 great songs were eliminated. But now its all about Flos socks. Sad.

Reply to  Popeye Spinach

I don’t understand what you mean, sorry.

Reply to  Popeye Spinach

Oh come on, we know, Australia and Croatia deserved the final but it’s not the end of the world! That’s Eurovision…

Popeye Spinach
Popeye Spinach

Estonia will buy Dua Lipa next year. Happy?

Reply to  Popeye Spinach

Now that I think about it would be sick if Albania did it! (because the UK would NEVER do that)

Popeye Spinach
Popeye Spinach
Reply to  Sot

North Macedonia + Pitbull ft. Christina Aguilera

Luc
Luc
Reply to  Sot

Indeed! It would also be cool if Spain brought Rosalía to Eurovision, but RTVE is as lazy as BBC, unfortunately

WannaEatMySpaghetti
WannaEatMySpaghetti
Reply to  Popeye Spinach

Funny. The difference is that Dua Lipa is on the top of her career now. On the other hand Flo Rida’s career is dead. San Marino will get some points thanks to him but not that much. It doesn’t bother me to see him in the contest.

Roodi
Roodi

20 million streams per month yeah his career is dead

Sot

It’s so amazing that they have a chemistry together, like when Flo sang “Adrenalina” at the end of the clip or the creepy shouts of Senhit in between the rap part

Fast Food Music Lover
Fast Food Music Lover

This is awesome. His appearance this Saturday is going to go down in history as one of the most iconic moments in Eurovision.

wonder
wonder

BUT why flo-rida?? Is he from San Marino?? I think that only singers from each country should sing in the Eurovision.. that’s the point! every country should send their singers and not singers from other countries..

Russia – Russian singer
Israel – Israeli singer
Ukraine – Ukrainian singer
……

Last edited 2 months ago by wonder
Rifki
Rifki
Reply to  wonder

well, FIFA has “eligibility rules” for football players, so I think EBU should also have similar rules for the artists (and maybe the songwriters) that they should have clear connections to the country they represent.

Last edited 2 months ago by Rifki
Erik
Erik
Reply to  wonder

Celine Dion wouldn’t have broken through if this was the case. There has always been singers crossing borders, representing another nation with a song. It’s nothing new at all

eurovis.emu
eurovis.emu
Reply to  wonder

alexander rybak – belarusian singer. dont be the natiionality nitpicker.

Last edited 2 months ago by eurovis.emu
Azaad
Azaad
Reply to  eurovis.emu

Rybak was raised in Norway from the age of 4 and identifies as a Norwegian of Belarusian descent.

Pandaman
Pandaman
Reply to  wonder

What about songwriting teams, maybe all countries should have songs written by their own people? That would disqualify 75% of this year’s entries or so.

Also, Manizha is from Tajikistan, Tusse – from DR Congo, Jeangu Macrooy – from Suriname, Elena Tsagrinou – from Greece. Even Senhit isn’t Sammarinese, but Italian. Yet somehow that doesn’t seem to be a problem (and isn’t for me, just to clarify things).

Also-also, do you expect Valentina Monetta to represent San Marino each year? How many singers willing to go to Eurovision do you think San Marino have?

Azaad
Azaad
Reply to  Pandaman

Manizha, Tusse and Jeangu are naturalised as Russian, Swedish and Dutch respectively. They have a deep connection to the countries they represent by virtue of having lived there most/all their lives. Just because they’re ethnic minorities doesn’t make them any less citizens of their countries than Dima, Mans or Duncan.

Reply to  Pandaman

If you think about it, only her and that boy in 2015 were Sanmarinese, all the others were either Italian, Turkish, Maltese, American and Jenny B was German

Reply to  wonder

Celine Dion was Canadian – she won for Switzerland
France Gall was French – she won for Luxembourg
Vicky Leandros was Greek – she also won for Luxembourg
Alexander Rybak was Belarussian – he won for Norway

But it’s ok because in the end they all wanted to represent that country, nothing wrong with that

Pancake
Pancake
Reply to  wonder

Having a nationality rule at eurovision is stupid, on the account that not only is it xenophobic and cuts off artist who are expats or singers who have interest to compete but also unfair for countries who have to rely on foreign singers and songwriters for a multitude of reasons (ex. Having a smaller music industry, broadcaster interest, no other singer or songwriter available, etc.) Also, having outsiders representing ESC countries isn’t a bad thing, it just depends on the song. Like, Celine Dion is Canadian and she won the whole thing. The lead singer for Katrina and d the… Read more »

Last edited 2 months ago by Pancake
Catriona Colville
Catriona Colville

Since they didn’t put a post about the whole jury show, I should say I thought that Switzerland felt like winners tonight. What a performance.

Craig
Craig

There’s a reaction video on You Tube where they review the whole show

Catriona Colville
Catriona Colville
Reply to  Craig

I’m aware of that, but it should be on the site. Much easier.

Sunshine
Sunshine

Switzerland is back in top 4 in the odds! Let’s see what happens in a fews hours.

I’m just glad they changed the dancers’ outfit

Reply to  Jo.

Yeah it looked like a cheap Halloween costume

Senhit didn’t sing well.

I wonder how much they paid Flo Rida to fly to Rotterdam, i mean i am sure he asked for money + expenses for his crew.

SMRTV didn’t pay for that so will any journalist ask Senhit how did they cover those expenses?

Rick
Rick
Reply to  Alex

Not your business, Karen.

Azaad
Azaad
Reply to  Rick

It kind of is just so that we can gage at SMRTV’s strategy at Eurovision going forward – Senhit seems very wealthy – hence why San Marino are hyped up for once because she can afford a good song. However that means SMRTV will just be having to rely on wealthy artists rather than cultivating a good long term sustainable strategy for ESC success.

Popeye Spinach
Popeye Spinach
Reply to  Azaad

The same strategy for Moldova. Money can buy it

Azaad
Azaad
Reply to  Popeye Spinach

Which is a bit sad to be honest. I don’t mind countries outsourcing their acts and songs once in a while, but not as a systemic practice.

Reply to  Azaad

Fair point

Popeye Spinach
Popeye Spinach
Reply to  Alex

Its not a secret. Senhits Sugardaddy covers all that

Laura
Laura
Reply to  Popeye Spinach

Isn’t Senhit married to a woman?

EProduc
EProduc

I don’t care, Senhit would’ve done great on her own (and with that Italian stand-in rapper) and would’ve given San Marino its best result without Flo Rida anyway. Now it’s just aiming for a possible top 5 spot. Adrenalina felt like a top 10 performance from the get go, with or without the bikini lover rapping in it.

Reply to  EProduc

Flo Rida by himself won’t contribute that much to the top10 placement, the chemistry between the two will play the most important role!

blahh
blahh
Reply to  EProduc

In the end you probably would care because senhit’s vocals aren’t the best and they need someone like flo rida to hype up the crowd. i do think the best part of that song is the rapping (really, i don’t get the hype) but if senhit does well, then i hope people credit senhit instead of flo rida, she’s the main character here.

Craig
Craig

An artist of Flo Rida’s stature would be a coup for any country at ESC, even more so for a micro state like San Marino. Well done to them and Senhit. It’s a really good song too and I hope it does really well for them.

Luc
Luc
Reply to  Craig

I agree, I wouldn’t be surprised if Andorra brings us Bad Bunny or Sech or Anuel AA next year

willchrisiam
willchrisiam

So many people were obsessing over the possibility of him showing up and turning Senhit’s spotlight his way and he could have not have been bothered to change from his grocery shopping attire? Beyond disrespectful of all the passion and effort she poured into this project. I never gave 2 cents about his involvement and now I kinda wish someone more appreciative was given his part in the first place.

Tobias Andersen
Tobias Andersen
Reply to  willchrisiam

stop being negative this is an AMAZING ACHIEVEMENT of one of the tiniest countries in Europe. I salute this. The more stars the better, maybe this can open doors for UK’s stars? Think of it if Flo Rida is successful and gets SM in top 5, then maybe they will stop laughing in UK and consider giving it a try. Nelly Futardo Portugal, Ricky Martin Spain etc. So the positive spin not negative. People forget to put on the “yes” hat an embrace people who make an effort. Less hate and negativism please

Ende
Ende

If San Marino ends up in top 5 this will be because of Senhit’s charisma and performance… not because of Who? Rida.

Vlad10
Vlad10
Reply to  Ende

Senhit would perform well without Flo Rida, any doubt about it. But, Flo Rida can be a complementary asset for the televote…

Chris
Chris
Reply to  Vlad10

Don’t underestimate the audiences… The juries are going to be more flattered by that….

Jimmy Smit

Exactly! well said, Tobias!

Last edited 2 months ago by Jimmy Smit
willchrisiam
willchrisiam

You completely missed my point. I’m embracing San Marino and Senhit who not only made an effort but exceeded all of our wildest expectations. I’m disappointed with his (in my eyes) lack of commitment. I didn’t expect him to show up for all the rehearsals but he could have at least tried to compliment their creative vision and wear something that doesn’t clash so much with Senhit’s outfit. I don’t think it’s a big deal he’s here. Loreen, Duncan, Emelie… were all completely unknown internationally and they obliterated all the mediocre songs Bleu, Cascada, Bonnie Tyler… tried to sway us… Read more »

Last edited 2 months ago by willchrisiam
Erik
Erik
Reply to  willchrisiam

A good point. The big names are seldom topping the finals. The esc winner bring out the best song they have.

Baha
Baha

Flo Rida ended his career in 2013, IDK how everyone is so excited. Most of eurofans love to use the word “outdated”, so yeah, Flo Rida is so 2000’s

Max