After much anticipation, Monday night was finally the night for the American Song Contest to debut, with the acts from heat one taking the stage.
The 11 competitors each brought something different to try and get viewers’ attention and votes. As with Eurovision, voting for your own state/territory is not allowed.
The singers were all hoping to do their states/territories proud and book a spot in the semi-finals.
The shows are being broadcast on NBC at 20:00 EDT (01:00 CET) on Monday nights (Tuesday morning in Europe).
American Song Contest Heat One
- Arkansas: Kelsey Lamb – “Never Like This”
- Connecticut: Michael Bolton – “Beautiful World”
- Indiana: UG skywalkin ft. Maxie – “Love in My City”
- Iowa: Alisabeth Von Presley – “Wonder”
- Minnesota: Yam Haus – “Ready to Go”
- Mississippi: Keyone Starr – “Fire”
- Oklahoma: AleXa – “Wonderland”
- Puerto Rico: Christian Pagán – “Loko”
- Rhode Island: Hueston – “Held On Too Long”
- Wisconsin: Jake’O – “Feel Your Love”
- Wyoming: Ryan Charles – “New Boot Goofin'”
Four acts will ultimately qualify from heat one.
The professional jury selected one qualifier during the live programme. This was Hueston from Rhode Island.
The public now have three days to vote for their favourites and select three other acts to advance.
Are you happy to see Hueston qualify from heat one of the American Song Contest? Who do you think the public should throw their support behind? Let us know in the comments below!