Eurovision 2018 is bringing us a truckload of solo males, eager to wow with their flawless vocals. We’ve got everything from country to soft rock. Balkan balladry to funk. Justin Timberlake swag to heartfelt love songs. Everything!
It’s been a girls world lately, for in the past 20 years, only four male soloist have won the Eurovision Song Contest.
Dima Bilan for Russia in 2008, Alexander Rybak for Norway in 2009, Måns Zelmerlöw for Sweden in 2015 and, last but certainly not least, the almighty Salvador Sobral for Portugal in 2017. However, that count does not include Austria’s Tom Neuwirth, for he competed as Conchita Wurst in 2014.
So it’s about time to give the boys some more space, for they are here and ready to sweep Europe and Australia off their feet, in the hopes of becoming the man to bring it all the way home.
Fourteen male soloists are gracing the Eurovision stage with their presence this year, including two returning artists and one former backup vocal gone lead. And we’re dying to find out, who is your favourite male vocalist of Eurovision 2018?
This is a tricky one. We love them all, but we want to know what you think! Who is the cream of the crop? Don’t let those fine gentlemen wait any longer. Vote for your favourite. But take note. It’s only possible to vote once, so make your vote counts. And also share your favourite pick in the comments below.
We will reveal the results of the poll ahead of the first rehearsals in Lisbon in May.
Who is the best male solo act at Eurovision 2018? Vote now!
- Albania: Eugent Bushpepa “Mall”
- Armenia: Sevak Khanagyan “Qami”
- Austria: Cesár Sampson “Nobody But You”
- Belarus: Alekseev “Forever”
- Czech Republic: Mikolas Josef “Lie To Me”
- Denmark: Rasmussen “Higher Ground”
- Germany: Michael Schulte “You Let Me Walk Alone”
- Iceland: Ari Ólafsson “Our Choice”
- Ireland: Ryan O’Shaughnessy “Together”
- Montenegro: Vanja Radovanovic “Inje”
- The Netherlands: Waylon “Outlaw in ‘Em”
- Norway: Alexander Rybak “That’s How You Write a Song”
- Sweden: Benjamin Ingrosso “Dance You Off”
- Ukraine: Mélovin “Under The Ladder”
Click HERE if you have trouble viewing the poll.