It has become an annual tradition for Germany to host its own Eurovision show in the run-up to the contest, with panelists ranking this year’s entries. Back on Sunday, Spain topped the second songcheck. Tonight, Italy‘s Mahmood came out on top.
ABOUT THE GERMAN SONGCHECK
The songcheck has taken place every year since Lena’s triumph with “Satellite” at the 2010 contest. Hosted by Alina Stiegler and Stefan Spiegel, the hosts discuss the entries with a panel of experts, and also bring in comments from readers and viewers.
The 2018 programme sees some familiar faces as show guests. Germany’s commentator Peter Urban, radio host Thomas Mohr, Jan Feddersen, “Dr. Eurovision” Irving Wolther, Marcel Stober, Constantin “Consi” Zöller, singer and actor Isabel Varell, moderator and DJ Larissa Rieß, actress Kathrin Ingendoh, YouTuber Freshtorge and members of the Olivia Jones family join the two hosts. Besides, our very own William Lee Adams and Deban Aderimi are once again part of the programme, too.
A new feature of this year’s songcheck programme is the addition of a fan expert. Back in March, Paul Klur from Dortmund won the voting on their website and thus joins the other guests.
View this post on Instagram
It has become an annual tradition for Germany to host its own Eurovision show in the run-up to the contest, with panelists ranking this year’s entries. Back on Sunday, ?? Spain topped the second songcheck. _____________________ Tonight, ?? Italy‘s Mahmood came out on top, receiving the highest score of this year’s songcheck so far. _____________________ #eurovisionsongcontest #daretodream #eurovision #eurovision2019 #mahmood #soldi #italy #esc
THIRD SHOW RANKINGS
Italy is the new leader of this year’s Songcheck ranking. Coming in with an average score of 10.35, he beats previous leader Tamta from Cyprus by a considerable margin. Switzerland’s Luca Hänni is now in second place with Tamta rounding out the top three.
- Italy 10.35 (9.7 audience / 10 Stefan / 12 Alina)
- Switzerland 9.25 (9.5 audience / 8 Stefan / 10 Alina)
- Sweden 7.8 (7.6 audience / 10 Stefan / 6 Alina)
- Armenia 6.35 (6.7 audience / 6 Stefan / 5 Alina)
- United Kingdom 6.35 (5.7 audience / 8 Stefan / 6 Alina)
- Denmark 6.2 (5.9 audience / 5 Stefan / 8 Alina)
- Ireland 5 (5.5 audience / 3 Stefan / 6 Alina)
- Romania 4.9 (5.8 audience / 4 Stefan / 4 Alina)
- Austria 4.7 (4.9 audience / 4 Stefan / 5 Alina)
- Latvia 3.9 (4.8 audience / 3 Stefan / 3 Alina)
- Moldova 2.7 (3.9 audience / 1 Stefan / 2 Alina)
What do you think about the results of the third songcheck? Did Mahmood deserve to top the scoreboard? Comment down below!