Time for the second semi-finalists to take to the stage! We’ve already seen the acts from the first semi-final have their first rehearsals. Now, nine of the acts from the second semi-final will rehearse at Eurovision 2019.
With two of the big favourites to win — Switzerland’s Luca Hänni and Sweden’s John Lundvik — rehearsing today, we could see some real changes in the odds. But could another act today spring a surprise and rise to the top? Make sure you’re tuning in to find out.
May 6: First Rehearsals at Eurovision 2019
Here’s who’ll be taking to the Eurovision stage today — and at what times. Please note, some of the acts have swapped rehearsals for scheduling reasons!
- 10:00-10:30Armenia: Srbuk, “Walking Out”
- 10:40-11:10 Ireland: Sarah McTernan, “22”
- 11:20-11:50 Latvia: Carousel, “That Night”
- 12:00-12:30 Switzerland: Luca Hänni, “She Got Me”
- Lunch Break — 12:30 to 13:30
- 13:40-14:10 Moldova: Anna Obodescu, “Stay”
- 14:20-14:50 Romania: Ester Peony, “On a Sunday”
- 15:00-15:30 Denmark: Leonora, “Love is Forever”
- Break — 15:30 to 15:50
- 16:00-16:30 Austria: Paenda, “Limits”
- 16:40-17:10 Sweden: John Lundvik, “Too Late for Love”
As always, we’ll have individual posts for each first rehearsal here on wiwibloggs. There, you’ll be able to read our thoughts on the rehearsal and find out how each country has chosen to stage their song.
You can also catch some of our reactions to the songs LIVE through the wiwibloggs livestream. This year, we’ll be covering the first rehearsals across three livestreams each day. All times are given in Israeli local time (CET +1, GMT +2) and subject to change:
- 10:00-12:45 — Day Two Livestream AM: Armenia, Ireland, Latvia & Switzerland
- 13:30-17:15 — Day Two Livestream PM: Moldova, Romania, Denmark, Austria, Sweden
- 19:00-19:30 — Day One Livestream Recap: Ask Team Wiwi your questions about the day’s rehearsals
And of course, you’ll be able to hear our thoughts through our reaction videos, which we’ll be uploading shortly after each rehearsal. Make sure you’re subscribed and keeping an eye on wiwi.tv for all this video content!
Eurovision 2019: Press Meet & Greet Times
Shortly after their first rehearsal, each act will also go to the press centre for their first Press Meet & Greet. Again, we’ll be on hand to film each meet & greet and you’ll be able to find them on the wiwibloggs website and YouTube after their conclusion.
Find a list of times for each acts’ Meet & Greet below:
- 12:25-12:45 Armenia: Srbuk, “Walking Out”
- 13:05-13:25Ireland: Sarah McTernan, “22”
- 13:45-14:05 Latvia: Carousel, “That Night”
- 14:25-14:45 Switzerland: Luca Hänni, “She Got Me”
- 16:05-16:25 Moldova: Anna Obodescu, “Stay”
- 16:45-17:05 Romania: Ester Peony, “On a Sunday”
- 17:25-17:45 Denmark: Leonora, “Love is Forever”
- 18:25-18:450 Austria: Paenda, “Limits”
- 19:05-19:25 Sweden: John Lundvik, “Too Late for Love”
Whose first rehearsal are you most excited for today? Do you think we’ll be in for any big surprises in staging or performances? Let us know all of your thoughts in the comments down below!