After five semifinals and a big second chance round, we now have the twelve finalists for Melodi Grand Prix 2021. With old favourites and new blood making waves, it looks like Norway has lots of options to slay this May. However, one name has been on fans lips above all others.

Melodi Grand Prix 2021: KEiiNO and “Monument” are the favourites to win

The winners of Melodi Grand Prix 2 KEiiNO are the clear bookmaker’s pick to win. The electropop-joiking supergroup have been the big favourites since their return was first announcedd. Their monumental momentum hasn’t slowed, as they at odds sit under 2/1 to win. Their new song “Monument” has been critically acclaimed, as has their performance in the first semi-final. Norway itself is sitting in the top 10 of the overall betting odds, mainly off the back of KEiiNO’s potential.

Second is TIX and “Fallen Angel”. The angel-clad pop superstar also debuted his song in the first semi-final to positive reception. He sang in Norwegian, but is set to sing in English this Saturday. Clearly, the bookies are impressed, as he is sitting at around 4/1 to win.

Further down the odds, at 10/1, are the favourites amongst the semi-final qualifiers. Blåsemafian and Hazel were the shock qualifiers from the first semi-final, and it seems the bookies are not ready to count them out for the final. Also at 10/1 is Raylee with her Flashdance inspired feminist anthem “Hero”. She qualified to the final for the second year in a row.

And also at 10/1 is Imerika with “I Can’t Escape”. The orange-haired balladeer has impressed with her powerful song and passionate voice. She’s been sitting comfortably as the dark horse nipping at KEiiNO’s heels.

At the other end, are Kaja Rode and Stavangerkameratene. The pre-qualifiers haven’t impressed the bookies, both sitting around 100/1. However, as every Eurovision fan knows, counting out an outsider is a very foolish thing to do.

Melodi Grand Prix 2021 Bookmakers’ Odds – Grand Final

9. Atle Pettersen 30.00
  10. KiiM 50.00
  11. Kaja Rode 100.00
  12. Stavangerkameratene 100.00

Odds correct as of 16:30 19 February via Coolbet

How the odds work

The decimal odds number represents the amount you win for every krone/euro/dollar bet. The number represents the total payout, rather than the profit. Your stake is already included in the decimal number.

Taking odds of 1.90 as an example, for every €1.00 you bet, you will get back €1.90 if you win. This includes 90 cents profit plus your original one euro bet.

Bookmakers set odds by looking at factors such as prior form, statistics, historical precedents, expert opinion and any number of other elements which could influence the result in question. After this analysis, the bookies will be left with what they deem to be the most accurate possible true odds of any outcome occurring. As these factors are always shifting, the bookies’ odds will remain in flux.

Do you agree with the odds? Do you think that KEiiNO are the ones to beat? Do you think an outsider can win the final? Let us know below!

Follow all of our Norway Eurovision 2021 news.

Piet
Piet
13 days ago

It must be KEIINO. Melody, voices, lyrics, everything makes this an even better ESC song than Spirit in the Skye was. And that song already did very well as we all remember. Moreover, there is no real competition for KEIINO. Raylee won’t go down well with the ESC juries and TIX basically comes across as an arrogant fart with a ludicrous staging. KEIINO is the only road for Norway to victory at ESC 2021.

Last edited 13 days ago by Piet
Candy
Candy
13 days ago

Apparently TIX has been rather controversial in Norway for writing misogynistic/ degrading songs, “SJEIKEN 2015” being the prime example of that. Might not be a wise choice to send him after all.

Film
Film
13 days ago

Strong final selection. Will watch with interest. I hope they dont choose KEiiNO, but its their decision. Theres so many good option. Raylee, Atle Pettersen, Jorn, KiiM, Imerika, TIX and even Rein Alexander and Blåsemafian and Hazel. Good luck to everyone.

Grft
Grft

Imerikaaaaaaaaa

Andi
Andi
13 days ago

Pity that Non-Norwegians can’t make a bet on this. It’s crystal clear who wins this. Even though I don’t like it much. Would be happy about a Rein, Jorn or TiX victory, but that’s not gonna happen 🙁
And TiX kicked himself out by singing it in English.

Last edited 13 days ago by Andi
Zeta
Zeta
1 day ago
Reply to  Andi

so crystal clear that they lost

Banana
Banana
13 days ago

I really really dislike the sentence “A minor symphony” and the way she sings it. It makes no sense. Thats why I only give “Monument” 3 stars of 10.

Richard
Richard
Reply to  Banana

It’s in a minor key…

ERUS
ERUS
Reply to  Banana

Also, the line “thunder and gloria” repeated three times is strange… it sounds cheesy.

Last edited 13 days ago by ERUS
13 days ago

I have tremendous respect and love for KEiiNO and I believe in them. I’ve been their fan from the moment I heard “Spirit in the Sky” and I was in awe of “Monument” at first listen. I didn’t decide when NMGP kicked-off that I will love Monument the most. I wouldn’t do my beloved artists a favour by lying to myself or lying to them. Everybody wants to bring and give their best, there is so much creativity and love artists and their teams put in their performances. I do respect that. To me, “Monument” is the best this year,… Read more »

Hector
Hector
13 days ago

To be honest I wouldn’t put any money in this bets. Personally I find this the most open national final in a while, it’s almost anyone’s game at this point

lasse braun
lasse braun
13 days ago

the keiino song sounds like the song two years ago – same recept – no evolution.
the final is weak because 6 acts gets a free card(dont like this system because not fair) – miss some songs p.e. circus or elevate from the last hope round in the final – if keiino not win this it will be a big sensation!
i have no idea who win this if not keiino.

Kenny03
Kenny03
13 days ago

Oh gosh I do have to go against the grain. I loved spirit in the sky and I do think highly of monument, but it’s my 6th place in the final. But, that is a comment on how good MGP is this year. Personally, I can’t stop listening to Raylee, Tix (although would have preferred it in Norwegian) and overall would love IMERIKA to take it 🙂

Yolanda
Yolanda
13 days ago

Mi favorita es la canción de Jorn. Es diferente y con garra. Voto por él.

13 days ago

The final in Norway will be so exciting with so many diverse entries, well done NRK! Great job just like last year. Other broadcasters should take notes.

I think Keiino will most likely be in the gold final but somehow i don’t think they will win it.

I love Keiino but they do have so many good entries with potential so I am happy with whatever they pick (except TIX).

Emmy is my guilty pleasure.

Blåsemafian and Hazel are also guilty pleasure but with potential to appeal to the wider audience.

Raylee has an ok song but her staging is awesome.

Jake Dallas
Jake Dallas
Reply to  Alex

I actually agree with all of that. I have the same feeling about KEiiNO especially since they didn’t get a lot of virtual applause (if that means anything). I feel like it will be one of those entries that eurofans love but the domestic audience sleeps on. Emmy is my 3rd in the final but I don’t think it will appeal to casual viewers. I’m not the biggest fan of “Let Loose” but the staging is out of this world and I wouldn’t be surprised if they made the gold final. However, my predicted winner is IMERIKA. All of the… Read more »

MaelleForFra
MaelleForFra
13 days ago

Here’s the scoop for international fans: Tix will win 99%. Remember last year, every international fan thought that jaagup had eesti laul in the bag (me included) but it was clear in Estonia that uku was winning. Tix is too big in Norway and would win mgp with ease unless astrid s participated.

Erasmus
Erasmus
Reply to  MaelleForFra

probably.. 🙁

Reply to  MaelleForFra

Like I said, odds are stupid. They’re not formed by experts, like this article says, but by the people who place bets – people from outside of Norway, people trying to make money, addicts, people who’ve never watched MGP in their life.

Erasmus
Erasmus
13 days ago

It’s Raylee or Imerika. Keiino is fine (are actually my 3rd place) but like I can’t see them doing much better than they did, the juries simply don’t like eurovision-y style they deliver, vocals often don’t mean a lot, they may do a bit better, but certainly won’t reach top 5 so what is the point + we will have much more televote friendly songs this year like the roop, little big and dadi, so not sure if they would win the televote.. Don’t get me wrong I think Monument is very good for what it is – so a… Read more »

Esc fan
Esc fan
Reply to  Erasmus

They did win the selection in 2019 though. I think they’ll win and get a similar if not, slightly better result in rotterdam.

Kosey
Kosey
13 days ago

It is KEiiNO for me. They have such an epic song with such a deep meaning that is very relatable. I also think that they would do very well in Rotterdam as the song should get more respect from juries this time.

Escfan0309
Escfan0309
Reply to  Kosey

Their voices have improved a lot and the song is just perfect!

Yorkster
Yorkster
13 days ago

My partner loved Raylee’s entry and it is catchy as hell, but I agree with the odds, KEiiNO just have that Eurovision spark about them

Amesc
Amesc
13 days ago

Keiino are the best solution for me- their song is anthemic and arena-friendly (idk if I can say that) as Spirit In The Sky was, but the production is better. I think their only big opponent is Tix who is a strong contender, since his song is very popular on spotify and norwegians seems to like him a lot.

13 days ago

Odds are stupid. Writing about exactly how gambling works and making money is too much. Please stop.

Lola
Lola
13 days ago

I always thought “Spirit In The Sky” was very overrated, but “Monument” is by far the strongest entry in this competition and I really hope they win, they deserve it. They wouldn’t necessarily win at Eurovision as the competition is already strong this year with Lithuania and France (with many other strong entries yet to be announced), but I do think they have good chances of finishing in the Top 5. I don’t really see that chance with any of the other entries, though many of them are also great, such as Blasemafian and Kaja Rode. I personally don’t like… Read more »

Mr Vanilla Bean
Mr Vanilla Bean
13 days ago

Interesting that Imerika and Raylee have the same odds. Is it the waterfall? I’d think Imerika still has underdog chances. Jørn is sitting pretty considering how he qualified. And he’s a billion times better than Robin Stjernberg was.

Last edited 13 days ago by Mr Vanilla Bean
Mr Vanilla Bean
Mr Vanilla Bean
13 days ago

‘Against all odds’ is what comes to my mind here. I’m hoping for some excitement in the voting. It’s a strong field so there are many unknown factors. The biggest unknown is how TIX will do with his English version. If he struggles, Keiino will probably triumph. I’m still hoping he’ll succeed and that I won’t have to eat my words when the English version is bad.

Last edited 13 days ago by Mr Vanilla Bean
Lebanese esc fan
Lebanese esc fan
13 days ago

By the way, the English version was apparently leaked as several twitter users have expressed their views towards it. To make a long story short, those who loved “Ut Av Mørket” seemed to like “Fallen Angels” and those who disliked the former thought the latter was too generic and basic. I believe I read somewhere that the english version will come out before the live show and I really hope that’s true as performing it on the night is just too risky imo.
Edit: the lyrics have been released. https://www.google.com/amp/s/genius.com/amp/Tix-fallen-angel-lyrics

Last edited 13 days ago by Lebanese esc fan
Mr Vanilla Bean
Mr Vanilla Bean
13 days ago

Yeah, I just found the lyrics, too. I’m not crazy about them. Ouch. 🙁 I know they’re not that different to the Norwegian ones, but since I don’t speak the language, they sound much better to me. And I much prefer the ‘out of the darkness’ association.

Last edited 13 days ago by Mr Vanilla Bean