It was due to kick off a five-day streak of new Eurovision music. But alas, fans of San Marino’s Senhit will have to wait a little longer for her 2021 entry. Instead of coming on 23 February, as originally announced, the yet to be titled song will arrive on 8 March.

Senhit’s Eurovision 2021 song delayed until 8 March

The delay first became public when Eurovision.tv quietly updated the latest news section of its website with San Marino’s roadmap to Rotterdam. It contained the one-liner: “The San Marino starlet will share her new entry for the Eurovision Song Contest on Monday 8 March”.

Soon after, Senhit confirmed the delay on her social media platforms. “Hi everyone”, writes the “Freaky” songstress. “Just a quick change to announce: my #Eurovision 2021 entry will be out on March 8th. We’re preparing something special and I really hope you will enjoy it as much as I do! Love, S”.

Senhit’s #FreakyTripToRotterdam

SMRTV have opted to internally select Senhit’s new song for Rotterdam. Last year, Senhit hosted an online digital battle to select her Eurovision 2020 song. Fans voted for their favourite of two songs, “Obsessed” and “Freaky!”, with the latter securing the most votes. There is no news of this format returning.

This year marks Senhit’s third time representing San Marino at Eurovision. In 2011, she sang the breezy rock track “Stand By”, but failed to qualify from the semi-finals. Her shot at Eurovision redemption was snatched away from her following the cancellation of the 2020 contest, where she was set to sing “Freaky!”. Perhaps third time’s the charm?

Since July, the Italian-based singer has spoiled us with reinterpretations of Eurovision classics. The latest is Greece’s 2013 entry “Alcohol is Free”. The stunning video sees Senhit don lavish costumes referencing Greek culture and burlesque fashion.

Are you disappointed that the song is delayed? Are you excited to see what Senhit is planning? Comment below.

Follow all of our San Marino Eurovision 2021 news.

akira kyo
akira kyo

okay i guess we now know what the special thing is they prepared O:

Last edited 3 months ago by akira kyo
Ziv
Ziv

Speaking of Senhit, how did the chain of virtual hug end last year? Who was the last singer that did not name the other one?

Peppa Pig ?
Peppa Pig ?
Reply to  Ziv

I think Little big broke the chain

Incidentally, if you guys like San Marino’s most underrated entries, Paolo Macina of Miodio will be judging on their behalf in this year’s Eurovision: A Second Opinion! We have a full lineup of judges from Eurovision countries past and present, including… Fellow contest veterans like Albania’s Ledina Celo (2005), Bosnia and Herzegovina’s Alma ?ardži? (1994/1997), and Slovakia’s Marcel Palonder (1996) National finalists like Armenia’s Arsen Grigoryan (2018 – aka Kamil Show!), Austria’s Sara De Blue (San Marino 2018), Belarus’ Artem Soroka (2019 – half of Soroka-Voroka), Croatia’s Elis Lovric (2019/2020), Georgia’s Sabina Chantouria (2017), Moldova’s Pelageya Stefoglo (a bunch of… Read more »

Reply to  Joe

Oh, and we also have Australia’s Jordan Anthony from Junior Eurovision 2019!

Yellow
Yellow

I wonder what the surprise is, music video?

MDL
MDL

She filmed the video in the weekend near Rome.. probably they need more time to pack it up..

Doris
Doris

Why do we care about one of the bottom 3 in the SF anyway. No turkish diaspora this time.

Last edited 3 months ago by Doris
Reply to  Doris

That’s unnecessarily mean.

Ria van de Velde
Ria van de Velde

I hope Senhit have a good reason for her delay of her song. I am curious to hear it. I hope for a good one.

MaelleForFra

Why can’t San Marino select Logan Paul or Ricegum for Eurovision?

Reply to  MaelleForFra

Oh my god in heaven I hope you’re joking

Last edited 3 months ago by Joe
Reply to  Joe

I thought it was bad enough w those rumors of the Human Ken Doll, don’t talk like that

Reply to  Joe

I’m not joking, they actually have some really nice songs like the fall of jake paul and it’s everynight sis. I mean, the reach of those songs are crazy since I don’t even like rap but love those songs. It’s at least better than what San Marino’s been sending.

Last edited 3 months ago by MaelleForFra
Ashton Schier
Ashton Schier
Reply to  MaelleForFra

I have no words. You like rice gum but hate blind channel, are you 8 years old?? Smh

Reply to  Ashton Schier

I’m an 05. Why would I have to be “8 years old” to be of that opinion? I dislike rock and feel nostalgia towards 2017 YouTube. In what way is that surprising?

Last edited 3 months ago by MaelleForFra
Rumpelstiltskin
Rumpelstiltskin
Reply to  MaelleForFra

No. Senhit is great. And after that we need Valentina again. And then Serhat. And Irol too as some point.

MaelleForFra

And pretty much never qualify? They should take a risk and send someone like logan or rice and maybe they could win Eurovision.

Reply to  MaelleForFra

The day Logan Paul or Ricegum wins Eurovision is the day I officially stop being a fan. I have my limits.

Reply to  Joe

How can you dislike it’s everynight sis though? I genuinely think if it had participated at Eurovision it would at least have been top ten.

Reply to  MaelleForFra

Incredibly easily. It’s unlistenable.

Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Joe

That’s good to know, Joe. 😉

Reply to  Tibor

Look, I may be a Stan Marino through and through, but I’m not THAT much of a stan.

Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Joe

I’m relieved to hear that.

Reply to  Tibor

And to be clear, I didn’t just mean San Marino. I meant Eurovision as a whole. It’d be bad enough if San Marino picked one of those morons. If Europe collectively voted them into first place – which would, of course, mean they also placed high enough with the professional juries to win – I would lose all faith in the contest. Possibly in humanity, too.

Reply to  Joe

If it happened to the White House…

Reply to  Jonas

At least a pro-Brexit politician never won Eurovision. Oh wait…

James
James
Reply to  MaelleForFra

Why would you ever want Douchetubers for Eurovision

Reply to  James

Normally I respect differing opinions…but this has to be one of the worst takes I’ve ever seen in any Eurovision comments section. I will take a million Serhats before I let a horrible human being like Logan Paul represent San Marino.

Reply to  Joe

“horrible human being”. He made one mistake in Japan which he apologized for. That guy gave so many people so much joy for the whole of 2017 bro.

Reply to  MaelleForFra

He’s consistently behaved horribly before and after then.

Reply to  Joe

And I’m not your bro

poe-tay-toe-chips
poe-tay-toe-chips
Reply to  MaelleForFra

Filming a human corpse isn’t just “one mistake”. Honestly the Japanese authorities should’ve thrown him into prison for what he did. He’s literally not allowed back into Japan, THAT’S how serious what he did is.

Also he repeatedly makes mistakes and shows bad character. In that one video alone he was also super racist and culturally insensitive towards the japanese throughout.

OY! San Marino! My guys! I was so hyped for tomorrow! Why you gotta do me like that?

Grft
Grft

They want the attention but will just end up drowned in all the other songs :/ bad choice

Reply to  Grft

They put out “Say Na Na Na” the same day as “Arcade” and “She Got Me” ffs. They’ll be fine you Debbie Downer.

TeenTitansGoHater
TeenTitansGoHater
Reply to  Joe

And Serhat got San Marino’s best result ever

Exactly! I can say, with 100% accuracy, that Serhat didn’t get lost in the shuffle, even with his song coming out the same day as two that wound up making the top five.

Boring. They just want the attention…. Cmon Senhit you’re better than this. Imagine if the song is a big disappointment like last year’s entry.

Toby
Toby
Reply to  Alex

I liked last year’s entry 🙁

Mors
Mors

Not a wise choice San Marino… As far as I know Moldova will also release their song on 8 March, so good luck on getting the attention for your song!

Last edited 3 months ago by Mors
Reply to  Mors

As per previous article on Moldova:

“Natalia’s song for Eurovision 2021 will also be internally selected and will be released by 8 March.”

That gives us today and 14 more days. I assume it will not drop on the Saturdays of big semis or finals nor on the Sundays after.

Reply to  Mors

Why do those two cancel each other out? And Moldova last year didn’t steal attention from anything.

Az*rbaijan
Az*rbaijan

Watch her gaybite… meh

Jamie
Jamie

Cringe. Another one delaying… Should be rule every song released same day and wouldn’t have to deal with nonsense like this and enjoy every country together at the same time… Or minimum same month cuz this is ridiculous beyond everything ….

Frisian esc
Frisian esc
Reply to  Jamie

And how would that work in your imagination? All broadcasters would be permanently forbidden to hold a national final of any kind?

Irishesc
Irishesc

Ffs I won’t be able to keep up with all the songs being released in March ffs it is going to be crazy ugh

Valentino
Valentino

Too bad! It would have got its fair share of attention if it were released as planned. I’m a bit afraid it might get lost among all the big hitters releasing their entries around this time.

DonutLover
DonutLover

If the song is ready why the delay also that teasing it’s gonna be something special so far in advance is only doing a harm.
Why waiting with a release if it’s that special..
At least we have some other countries left for this week… I hope Cyprus,Germany and Slovenia won’t delay!

Last edited 3 months ago by DonutLover
Erasmus
Erasmus
Reply to  DonutLover

nahh there’s no way they’ll delay. We also get Ireland

tvescfan
tvescfan
Reply to  Erasmus

The show’s duration will be 70 minutes according to RTVSLO’s TV guide.

Erasmus
Erasmus
Reply to  Erasmus

as a Slovene very little information has been released, except they keep saying it will be totally different to other EMAs which is logical I guess. It won’t be long – I checked and it will be 1h10min long. The description says: EMA 2021 hosts are Nejc Smit and Lea Sirk. Ana’s song will be presented. They will also guide us throughout the history of Slovenia at esc – since it is the 60th participation of Slovenia if we count Yugoslavia in. They will also have some eurovision representatives expressing their wishes and guidance to Ana. And that is all.… Read more »

Erasmus
Erasmus
Reply to  Erasmus

yeah. no we unfortunately don’t know that. It’s either Maraaya, who have worked with the lyricist a couple of times, or some other foreign author I guess:)

Countries with internal selection releasing songs late don’t care about the fandom. Apparently we’re too few, thus we don’t matter.
Eurovision is becoming more and more something I don’t like: *unhealthy competition*. Long gone are the love for music, people and unity.

WannaEatMySpaghetti
WannaEatMySpaghetti

Wth are you talking about? There is no link between the selection mode, the release date and the attention given to the fans…
Whether the song is released in January or March will not change the fact that fans will be able to listen to it sufficiently in advance of the competition in May. Besides, Eurovision is not the only thing in life. Before they are participants in the competition, they are artists with a career to defend.

From all I read here and the interviews I watch with people in the know/ people involved in Eurovision, this most wonderful thing that’s ever happened in Europe is much more complex than any average viewer/fan could think about.
So many examples that showcase that. One can make an entire case study on one country alone. Not talking any country in particular. Much more obvious in the case of four countries I can think of. Myg.

Jamie
Jamie

Why disliking? This person is speaking the truth. It’s very unhealthy competition instead of unity and music enjoyment.

Mahi Mahi
Mahi Mahi

“Countries with internal selection releasing songs late don’t care about the fandom.”

The fandom, however, thinks that it is the center of Eurovision, and everything Eurovisiony should be dictated and approved by the fandom.
First of all, the fandom is not even the major voting force. Second of all, as long as they are following the EBU rules, why should they care if the fandom approves their schedule or not?
The “fandom” should really calm down. nobody is here to serve anyone. It’s a competition with rules.

Reply to  Mahi Mahi

OH. MY. GOD. They have to respect the rules, don’t they? What would happen if they didn’t? Only speaking for myself ergo my point of view: the fandom *is* important, believe it or not, otherwise so many people would not be here. Nor would this site be the most important in the milieu of Eurovision. Nor would its people be part of pannels and such. We the fandom give life to many things. We matter, even if our numbers are much smaller than the general audience the contest has. In this respect, I do believe that it would be nice… Read more »

Skiwalko
Skiwalko

Interesting… it reminds me of when Tamara revealed her entry on March 8. Does this suggest that Senhit’s song will have a feminist message?

Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Skiwalko

To be honest, since I saw the “All lives matter” slogan in one of her videos last year, I’m not too keen on her making any kind of political statement.

Reply to  Skiwalko

Oh no … the feminist message has been done and re-done. “Empowerment” and “sisterhood” too. I see Senhit more avant-garde than cliché.

I expect either an upbeat or a very, very theatrical piece as per the videos of the covers she’s made off-season. If San Marino keep the same team as the one on the freaky road to Rotterdam, we could expect something huge and most likely a qualifier.

Velvet
Velvet

It’s probably because 8/3 is Women’s day, so I guess her song is about women empowerment and wanted to celebrate it this way.
It has nothing to do with building suspence imo

I was looking forward to San Marino’s reveal on Feb 23 when I checked the Eurovision moments this week. Now this. Not excited anymore.

Hopefully we’ll still get some nice, major surprises from other countries. Maybe some song releases. Even one or two from those who’ve kept very quiet.

Tibor
Tibor

I really don’t know at whom this delaying strategy is aimed. If they think that they can build hype among the fans like this, they are sadly mistaken. Not only do I hardly see any reaction to all these lengthy teasing processes (“we’ve got a title!” “we’re shooting a video!” “we’ve recorded the entry!”), but I’m also sure that nobody will pay attention to half of the finished songs if we get 27 of them crammed into the space of just 2 weeks. Not to forget the 24 Sanremo songs, which are still to come this year.

Frisian esc
Frisian esc
Reply to  Tibor

Austria’s entry last year was a good example of this. Totally passed under the radar in march and even now he’s one of the least talked about artists.

Heyey
Heyey

Some info on the schedule of revealed entries for the past 5 years:
2021: 14 entries revealed (27.2.2021)
2020: 14 entries revealed (24.2.2020)
2019: 14 entries revealed (23.2.2019)
2018: 14 entries revealed (22.2.2018)
2017: 14 entries revealed (25.2.2017)

This year the song reveals have been a little later than usual, but not too far off from the normal.

Last edited 3 months ago by Heyey
Jesper Hjellnes
Jesper Hjellnes

With all these song presentations coming in March, I just thought about years like 2013 and 2015 when we knew almost as many songs as now before the year had even started. Remember Switzerland, Belarus, Ukraine and other countries having their selections in December, not just Albania. I sometimes miss to have some Eurovision to enjoy during the Christmas season 😀

Frisian esc
Frisian esc

And they didn’t knew this info like a week ago? 🙁

Robert
Robert

Ahhhh I was looking forward to it….

Polegend Godgarina
Polegend Godgarina

reminder that we’re one week away from march with only 10/42 entries (9/42 if we don’t count albania which will inevitably go under their signature heavy revamps). broadcasters really need to understand there’s no advantage in being the last revealing their entry lmao and it makes everything less exciting for us to get everything in the last ten days

KRM
KRM

So true!!

For example, I also thought that Stefania was going to release “Last Dance” these days, however, they only started shooting the music video today lmao

Heyey
Heyey

And Ukraine will also do a major revamp!

Adrian
Adrian

But is there an advantage for broadcasters to reveal entries earlier though? Spain is a country that constantly released their entry early, but they still get bottom 5 every year. A good song will stand out no matter when it is released.

Sale
Sale
Reply to  Adrian

Only teardrops was released in january yet it won

KRM
KRM
Reply to  Adrian

The problem is not the release date of the songs. If a song is good, it is good, if not, not. Of course, the earlier you release, the more opportunities you have to fix the song, by revamping it, changing the language etc.

The problem is that some countries make unnecessary hype around their songs by releasing them around the last days. They do this on purpose.

… and given that this year we will have more than 27 songs in March, it just gets annoying.

Heyey
Heyey

That’s a pity 🙁 It would be much better to release it on February than in March. Maybe they felt threatened by Cyprus’ song reveal the next day, who knows?

Last edited 3 months ago by Heyey