In her Eurovision 2021 song, Greece’s Stefania sings of a “rockin’ romance”. And now the 18-year-old star is rocking up the Eurovision 2021 odds table amid rumours that her staging will be next level.

On March 15, Greece was the 15th favourite to win Eurovision 2021 with odds of 59/1. A month later she has moved past Moldova, Russia, San Marino, Finland and Cyprus to become 10th favourite with a price of 28/1. Yes, her odds have basically halved! A lot of folks are convinced that she is the dark horse — or should we say dark pegasus?! — of the year.

Eurovision 2021 odds: Greece enters the Top 10 of the betting table

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by wiwibloggs (@wiwibloggs)

Greek fans will be thrilled. In recent months Stefania has enjoyed immense goodwill in the country, where she’s appeared in a number of magazines, including on the cover of Gala, the biggest of the celebrity mags. What’s more, songwriter Dimitris Kontopoulos, who wrote both of Stefania’s Eurovision songs, had extra time to get to know her as an artist following the cancellation of Eurovision. “Last Dance” really suits her.

So what’s driving the bookies to slash the odds? It’s reports that Stefania is attempting staging that’s never been seen at Eurovision before.

Katja Zwart, a journalist at Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, said the staging may “have something to do with the Pegasus or with Atlas and the Earth that he holds in his hands,” as we saw in the music video.

As ESC Portugal reports, she also referred to a recent interview with Head of Contest Twan van de Nieuwenhuijzen. In an interview with AD he referred to a country — which Katja says is Greece — that will have epic staging. He said:

“Of course I won’t mention names, but there is, for example, an act that didn’t catch my eye at first. But from what I know they are going to take a big risk with their stage presentation.”

“That will be a challenge for our director. I saw video footage of it from a small gym somewhere in Europe. If their plans work, it will be something that I know has never been done before.”

Are you excited to find out what Stefania will unveil on the Eurovision stage? Do you think she should have been in the Top 10 ages ago anyway? Let us know in the comments box below.

ESCsince1997
ESCsince1997
18 days ago

Am I the only one who thinks that the big staging plans have to do with a transformation of the outfit during the bridge? I think the designer was asked to come up with a design using fabric that is light sensitive or even heat sensitive (if spotlights hit her directly on stage) so it can change by the end of the bridge as we see it happen on the video clip. Rumor has it that her dress has been sent to Rotterdam for the stand-in rehearsals. To be honest, I hope I’m wrong. Although I think it’s a good… Read more »

21 days ago

Just to say that Fokas Evangelinos has never disappointed us. Even if some songs like ”La Venda”, ”X my Heart” or ”This is Love” got mediocre results, guess what, if it wasn’t Fokas in the staging, they would go much lower sadly. This man is an Eurovision EXPERT

Galaxio
Galaxio
21 days ago

Can’t wait to see this!

Anhel
Anhel
22 days ago

Does anyone else not care that much about the staging? I mean, it’s certainly a fun side of the contest, and there are a lot of memorable moments, but it wouldn’t influence much my opinion of which songs I want to win.

21 days ago
Reply to  Anhel

Well, Moldova and Denmark in 2018 (by especially Moldova) because of the staging went into top 10. Otherwise, it would even be unsure if they would reach the final

Ern
Ern
21 days ago
Reply to  Anhel

Depends on the song.

21 days ago
Reply to  Anhel

Sweden won esc 2015 using the vision tool…although Belgium and Italy were two of the greatest entries of all eras.

Rusia could win esc 2016 with the same method..if the juries had voted in a normal way…

So voters take into account the vision thing

Last edited 21 days ago by Kas
Ern
Ern
22 days ago

I honestly think “Last Dance” is a pretty good song on its own merits. Provided Stefania can deliver a good vocal performance live, I think it is easily one of the top 10 entries of the competition.

I just hope they don’t overdo it with the staging, as they did with Katrine Duska’s entry. I mean, “Better Love” was a brilliant song, but there was too much pink and silliness on that stage.

Rob
Rob
22 days ago

I’m so tired of the comments in every post about greece. Every time the greek people support their entry in a really annoying way and the rest of the fans publish hate comments about the song. Like.. why is this happening? Come on.. it’ s just a contest.. we are here to enjoy our time and have fun! Also, why is the final position so important for you? Like, if the performance is good, who cares about the position? Either its 6th or 23rd for me it doesn’t matter! For example, i loved greece in 2019.. who cares if it… Read more »

London Boy
London Boy
Reply to  Rob

I totally agree with you mate.. What I don’t agree though is singling out the Greek people being competitive and all. Have you been to other forums all countries are competitive about their song that is why is called Eurovision Song Contest otherwise it would be called Eurovision Song Festivale loll my boyfriend is Greek so I hear Greek music in our house all the time, he is passionate and crazy but thats what I like. I guess same with Greek people. Let Greeks be Greeks mate as Brits be Brits etc etc etc..

21 days ago
Reply to  London Boy

Haha imagine that Eleftheria Eleftheriou got much hate for finishing outside the top 10 (17th at the end) after 8 continious years in the top 10. And the funny fact is that she finished 9th in the televote, something that Greece was never close to achieve this after 2013

Reply to  Rob

Annoying way ? What do you mean ?

22 days ago

Stefania will perform a live piano accoustic version of the song on Sunday May 2.
I am sure will prove the people who doubt her vocal abilities wrong. Exciting!

Last edited 22 days ago by Thisisntourlastdance
Ant
Ant
22 days ago

I wasn’t a huge fan of her last year’s song but I’m in love with ‘Last Dance’. Stephania seems like an excellent performer and now the song is also great. Good luck to her!

Sot
Sot
22 days ago

My main goal this year is to watch the contest and judge the contestants as if I wasn’t informed or hyped up about a specific song. I think what mr. van de Nieuwenhuijzen did will only affect Stefania negatively, because it creates hype for no reason. I love the song and Stefania and I’m sure an EBU employee would never lie about a country’s staging, especially if it’s not his own country. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Australia’s MAGNIFICENT staging in 2019 was first seen during the rehearsals and Australia immediately became the 2nd favourite to win (they lost… Read more »

Azaad
Azaad
23 days ago

This has an almost “apotheotic”/epic sound which isn’t usual for bops. That alone makes it a dark pegasus because it can pull a lot of viewers in sonically. Also, Stefania is a legitimate celebrity in the Netherlands and would be the likely beneficiary of a Dutch televote in addition to Greek diaspora support.

Mahi Mahi
Mahi Mahi
23 days ago

I don’t know.. Rumors? staging? hype? We all know better than this. The only song in the last 10 years to win because of staging alone is Heroes. Nobody was able to accomplish the same effect even since, because Eurovision is not all about staging. Australia in 2019 had the potentially best staging a delegation could hope for (even though it was cheesy af) and they didn’t even enter the top 10. This is nothing more that another spin for Eurofans to have something to toy with. The rehearsal week will change everything. It’s a waste of time to even… Read more »

Mahi Mahi
Mahi Mahi
Reply to  Mahi Mahi

Like, I get why Wiwibloggs are posting this kind of material, for traffic and profit (legit, the site is gotta pay for itself somehow) but at this stage (we’re in 2021) I’d expect fans to be a little smarter than to be dragged to this “OMG!! my country jumped one place in the betting odds one month before the rehearsals! we are so going to win!!)

London Boy
London Boy
Reply to  Mahi Mahi

If you dont like wiwiblogs feel free to go somewhere else? They are so amazing allowing you to say all the idiotic stuff you can think of that they get paid from who from greece? Greece also pay the EBU guy? Eat your jealousy mate it’s so obvious!!!

Azaad
Azaad
Reply to  Mahi Mahi

Australia came 9th in 2019, so they made the top 10.

Mahi Mahi
Mahi Mahi
Reply to  Azaad

I stand corrected. And still, 8th place is not a winner.

Reply to  Mahi Mahi

Who told you that Stefania goes for victory ? Did you hear any Greek fans to say that they are going to win ?

Thanks God to have such a qualitative brain salesman…so that to avoid to bet before…the rehearsals.

Thanks God to have a selfinvited wiwi police officer so that to decide what to post or not to post !

Chris
Chris
23 days ago

I think this is very challenging for Greece because it creates high expectations and then it is easy to disappoint. But again let’s wait and see.

Blackcat
Blackcat
23 days ago

What about Ukraine? Their song should be in the top 5 as well.

23 days ago

we all love seeing greek eurofans CRY and SEETHE so i hope the bookies keep hyping this up to the high heavens only for it to end like 16th

EmilyG
EmilyG
23 days ago

this is the best pop song of the year.

Reply to  EmilyG

it’s not pop it’s just poop

22 days ago

like all of your comments basically.

Sonam
Sonam
23 days ago

Still, before judging, remember those days when you were giving dumb battles with literally everyone in this site, about how assured Gabbani’s victory would be, using the bets as your main argument. And then, there was a stage fiasco and a bruised fanboy

Reply to  Sonam

a 6th place, 5x platinum certified hit. meanwhile, greek eurofans were saying failureo mou would be top 10 only for it to FAIL to qualify with cyprus, albania and bulgaria voting in the same semi. now that’s embarrassing !

Last edited 22 days ago by Polegend Godgarina
22 days ago

About Yanna Terzi, if there weren’t the juries, she would kick Albania out.

23 days ago

14th place is the lower limit for this entry…and 8th place the upper one. Didn’t know that you like to see Greek crying eurofans ! What other fetishes do you’ve my dear ?

Last edited 23 days ago by Kas
Reply to  Kas

seething greek eurofans are my other fatty of course

…playing with the flame
and I told you
in the end you gonna burn…
(paizeis me ti floga)

Nikolaos Kourkoulis
Philosopher singer

23 days ago

Gurl nothing can beat Gabbanis failure, you still hurt

Reply to  esc1234

gabbani finished higher than anything greece has sent since croatia wasn’t a european union member and ariana grande still hadn’t released an album. feel old yet ?

22 days ago

You are a pathetic human being

Reply to  esc1234

that’s all you can reply to my roast ? guess i just saganaki’d u !

Sonam
Sonam
22 days ago

And still, not a single victory for such a powerhouse as Italy, since the formation of the europian union

baby
baby
22 days ago

Why do you hate on every country as if you have beef with them?

Reply to  baby

i’m just messin with some of the biggest egos in europe, point out to a czech they’ve been flopping they’ll laugh it off, point it out to a greek they’ll go crazy. i mean, the word macedonia alone drives them insane, it’s just harmless trolling hihi !

22 days ago

I am greek and I agree. Spanish eurofans ( when the have a competitive entry ) and Greek eurofans cant be tamed 😛 😛

22 days ago

idk y’all are pretty delulu even when the entry isn’t competitive in any shape or form…

22 days ago

Also, talking about Macedonia, learn history my friend. If you search legit sources (not from N. Macedonia, even not from Greece, even though the Greek sources are legit) you will understand why Greeks get furious about the name of a neighbor who has nothing to do with their name

Reply to  notyourtoy

this is the exact reaction i wanted to trigger thank u<3

21 days ago

Just being saltier than the Dead Sea. Interesting

22 days ago

Czech don’t care about eurovision. Greeks and Spanish do. If you were a true eurovision fan you would be happy to see people being passionate about a contest. Now you prove what you are. A miserable trashy troll

dfafa
dfafa
21 days ago

Can’t you ban him? He always throws sh*t in every contestant he finds

Koen
Koen
23 days ago

Epic staging… okay, I can buy that.
But it doesn’t necessarily mean that epic staging is good staging and will give them a good result. Just based on the song, I don’t like Greece’s entry. Rather unimpressive.

Reply to  Koen

thank you for sharing your prized opinion.

Paul
Paul
23 days ago

Didn’t Saara Alto say she was bringing something that had never been seen at Eurovision and it was her singing upside down!

23 days ago

Well, Stefania’s vocals are inside the top 10 (maybe even in the top 5, alongside Barbara, Destiny, Gjon and Anxhela)

Mahi Mahi
Mahi Mahi
Reply to  notyourtoy

Eden is a better vocalist than all of the above.

Azaad
Azaad
Reply to  Mahi Mahi

Eden is a top vocalist but you need a top song too.

dygh
dygh
23 days ago

I love Greece so much this year, I’m surprised it has lower odds than Sweden! She is my third favourite overall so with amazing staging it might even be my winner.

23 days ago

Downvote me as much as you want but el diablo has bigger success in Greece than Last dance. Thats pretty self explanatory

Reply to  esc1234

Well, El Diablo is a more danceable song, but I’m afraid that Elena Tsagrinou cannot sing and dance at the same time that well. When you heard her sing acapella she was close to horrible, whereas Stefania has a powerful voice, and what makes her amazing is her voice power changes

Ende
Ende

Well since Greek voters cannot vote for Greece anyway… no impact for Stefania

ESC Chris
ESC Chris
Reply to  esc1234

El Diablo has bigger success in Greece, because Panik is paying to promote her. From the other hand, last dance has been promoted more from the Dutch media. These facts doesn’t mean anything about the final result

Reply to  esc1234

probably because el diablo is a radio-friendly dance pop song while last dunce is just dated and uncool… but as you know at eurovision a sucky song can get a better result than a good one, it’s all about the performance in the end

23 days ago

El diablo is not a dancing song …could imagine yourself as a diablos dancer ?

George
George
Reply to  esc1234

In the radio chart Greece is doing much better than Cyprus

Reply to  George

100% lie, last dance was not even trending on YouTube while el Diablo was #2

Lovewave
Reply to  esc1234

Well, actually she trended! She reached #5, but Stefania’s channel is originally created in The Netherlands. Check it out if you don’t believe me. As for radio, I can hear it everyday!

Reply to  Lovewave

This is the epitome of fake news. The song never even got to trending, it has less views than eldiablo AND tsagrinou is a well known name in Greece rather than Stefania that just gives awkward interviews in some morning shows

Reply to  esc1234

Tsagrinou is a well-known name? Are you kidding me? She is a d-list celebrity of minor hits. Panik records are just dying to push her as the next best thing now that Foureira is losing stream.

Lovewave
21 days ago
Reply to  esc1234

I never write a comment if my sources are not accurate! Also, about the views, lots of people are complaining about the fact that their view is not taken into consideration by the yt algorithm. Now as for the interviews, she is not a pretender. She is 18 years old, can you imagine yourself going to the biggest music event of the world at such a young age? This is the answer to those who say that Greeks are strongly defending the entries. I mean, the only thing they know is to hate!

Azaad
Azaad
Reply to  esc1234

Elena is a bigger star in Greece than Stefania, who is unusual among diaspora picks (such as the German Armenian Iveta or Swedish Greek Helena) for being more famous in her adopted country rather than native one.

Reply to  Azaad

I am greek and I can confirm that Elena is NOT even a star in Greece, no one knew her before El diablo, lol. More people know Stefania thanks to Eurovision 2020.

Well l, I actually know her from “Pame Ap’ tin Arxi”, a song I still listen to

Reply to  esc1234

Lol. How hard is for someone to understand that Elena has a GREEK label in Greece while Stefanias label is in the Netherlands. The label is the one that does all the promo for Elena in Greece ( so many tv shows etc ). Thats why.

22 days ago

Amen! People don’t know how labels work. Big greek company buys a shiny international hit and just chooses the right puppet to promote it. That’s Tsagrinou.

Reply to  esc1234

Tsagrinou is managed and promoted by the biggest greek record company at the moment. Stefania is a newcomer. Get your facts rights before you write a mean, conceited comment.

Micky
Micky

Chingiz finished 8th tho-

Pluma
Pluma
23 days ago

It don’t gonna be surprise, but I think gonna be between France, Lithuania and Greece…

Reply to  Pluma

Somewhere…in Austria

Mita
Mita
23 days ago

she is a great singer. What are you talking about?

23 days ago

Her voice is beautiful! She will sound fine

George
George
23 days ago

I am so excited for my country’s entry this year.At Greece last years we knew we weren’t going to do well with the staging.This year according to what the director , Stefania and the Netherlands media , we know if everything works , we will finally have a place in the top 10-5 after a long timee<33

23 days ago

Organizers are saying that this is a never been done staging and greece’s staging will be used as a template by many other countries in the upcoming eurovision song contests. We are not only talking about a good staging that greece will give us. We are talking about a new innovation that will redefine eurovision in the upcoming years. For example Azerbaijan 2011 introduced the fire teardrop background that was very impressive at that time and has been used by many countries ever since. I know what greece’s staging is but im saying nothing! Be patient until the rehearsals because… Read more »

Last edited 23 days ago by Who am I?
Frisian esc
Frisian esc
Reply to  Who am I?

Who of the organizers said anything about a ‘new template for the future’ though?

Reply to  Who am I?

How do you know that their staging is like (taking your comment at face value)?

23 days ago

He doesnt. Theres a famous greek eurovision site ( eurovision fun ) that saw it and said that Fokas Evagelinos’s staging for Greece will create a new school in Eurovision, and this in combination with what the producers say ( ”someone will bring never seen before staging – most likely greeks” ) got the greek eurofans a bit excited 😛

Escfan
Escfan
23 days ago

The producers said that Ireland will bring something that was never seen before

Reply to  Escfan

This is true as well.

Last edited 22 days ago by Kas
Reply to  Escfan

No the producers didnt say that about Ireland, the irish team said it themselves.

Reply to  Escfan

That was just Lesley herself.

23 days ago

Just to clarify… I’m half greek and I live in Germany though I know no Greek. Also eurovisionfun has nothing to do with this comment. If I didn’t know anything I wouldn’t bet my money on Greece. There is a reason why Greece is going up the betting odds. Some people we know what’s coming and we’ve acted quickly 😉 good luck

Esc addict
Esc addict
Reply to  Who am I?

Guy, seriously…..you have seen nothing, we are not fooled we understand what you’re trying to do but relax it’s useless and it could be worst after for Stefania if she doesn’t do an EXTRAORDINARY thing “that will make the HISTORY” at the point to be AN EXAMPLE for all the others countries for years….but we are talking only about a staging here so calm down, and it’s a little bit presomptuous towards the others paticipating countries without knowing what will be their stagings no? Ireland will do something new, never seen too for example so…. and I’m sure the others… Read more »

Reply to  Esc addict

…especially France. They’ve made it clear that the Eiffel Tower has no place in their staging. Voila !

23 days ago

If all this is true, what I take is that Greece are trying to make up for the eeckspensive “failure” of 2019 and the “disaster” of 2018. And that FE will do something that good that Spain 2019 will be forgotten although I sympathize with him. I find him no fault in that Spain’s results over the years speak on their own.

Lol

22 days ago

Fokas is not to blame for Spains result. Spain in 2019 had the strongest spanish televote score of the decade! ( 14 )
He cant do miracles though. Especially juries werent going to vote for a happy spanish song whetever Fokas did on stage.

Ende
Ende
Reply to  Who am I?

To spread this information is not so smart from the producers or the Greek team… If the show is amazing it does not needbany promotion. While if at the end, the show is not delivered this will fireback…
I really hope for her that this will not just be a disappointing circus show or a simple flying horse… Greece is in my top 3 and I wish it will remain in or get even higher in May.

Last edited 23 days ago by Ende
Reply to  Ende

Bookies always win…

Reply to  Ende

I said that greece’s staging will be groundbreaking only if they succeed technically in Rotterdam. The performance is challenging I’m not guaranteeing anything but that’s a chance you take when you bet. All I know is that the Greek team has something special coming and I hope it is successful! Also don’t forget that 98% of the people watching eurovision on the night know nothing about each country. So spreading rumors and creating hype amongst 2% of the viewers really doesn’t have a negative impact 😉 also I wouldn’t be spreading false rumors I only spread fact based rumors

Last edited 22 days ago by Who am I?
Reply to  Who am I?

Its worthy bet now…to reach top 10.

23 days ago

Bookmakers are late to the party as usual but this isn’t news to me. I find this to be clearly the strongest of the female dance-pop songs this year, is fronted by a good performer and had the potential to be staged well.
For me, it was always just a question of whether Greece were going to put in the effort to present this as it should be. Thankfully, it sounds like they’re at least trying and the chance to get a *really* good result is there.

Whoareyou?
Whoareyou?

Prerecorded backing vocals 😉 😉

Jimmy Smit
23 days ago

If there’s any more of this Pegasus hype, Stefania better come out and fly like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang…won’t be very helpful to get fans so excited if she just ends up walking out to a microphone stand for 3 minutes

Mara
Mara
Reply to  Jimmy Smit

There is no Pegasus!

Paul
Paul
Reply to  Jimmy Smit

I’d love it if chitty chitty bang bang made an appearance!

Frysk
Frysk
23 days ago

Often the sober ones score better. Portugal, Netherlands e.g; In the end it is still a SONG contest. But we’ll see. Moldova often has a fun staging that lifts the song up, so i’ll keep an open mind. I like the song, it has potential

Mara
Mara

LET THERE BE LIGHT!!

Reply to  Mara

Oh let me tell you… there will be a lot of light 😉

Reply to  Mara

God…? Is that you ?

Esc addict
Esc addict
23 days ago

Hatred towards the countries at the top of the odds…. nothing new guy but what do you want? What would satisfy you? You want to see Greece at the top of the odds? Ok I get it and if it was the case it would avoid us your hatred?…. But ok let’s imagine Greece at the top then why not but if it was the reality some people would say “I cannot understand for the life of me why Greece is heading the betting” (as if Stefania didn’t deserve it) and would say others bad things about her, what would… Read more »

Last edited 23 days ago by Esc addict
Esc addict
Esc addict
Reply to  Esc addict

Destiny or Barbara didn’t ask for that, it’s not their “fault” if they are in these positions so far… people should think a little bit about this before hating them only for that.

tomtomtom
tomtomtom
23 days ago

There’s a lot of countries that are riding last year’s hype but took a step down this year and won’t perform as well (i.e. Iceland, Romania, Bulgaria). Greece is the opposite. The song is better than last year and will outperform. I don’t see how anyone can say Iceland, for example, is objectively better than Greece.

Last edited 23 days ago by tomtomtom
Kuhkatz
Kuhkatz
Reply to  tomtomtom

Yes it is better than last year, I even go further and say miles ahead than Supergirl. I agree that Iceland isn‘t necessarily better than Greece (but not really much worse than this), but everyone knows that Dadi and Gagnamagnid are beasts on stage and will surely deliver, that is the point why it is higher.

Reply to  Kuhkatz

666?

Reply to  tomtomtom

Listen…Iceland (my no 1) and another 10 songs could do better or worst than anybody… there is no surprise. A lot of countries are tie…in top 3, in top 10, in top 15.

baby
baby
23 days ago

Hmmm i dont know, i feel like this is gonna be another hyped up entry that doesnt do that well in the end. Aka greece 2018 and 2019

Reply to  baby

But the eurovision organizers have already seen the Greek performance in action so that confirms this is not a hype it’s truth

Reply to  Who am I?

Yeah but organizers are saying that this is a never been done staging and greece’s staging will be used as a template by many other countries in the upcoming eurovision song contests. We are not only talking about a good staging that greece will give us. We are talking about a new innovation that will redefine eurovision in the coming years. For example Azerbaijan 2010 introduced the fire teardrop background that has been used by many countries ever since. I know what greece’s staging is but im saying nothing! Be patient until the rehearsals because we will be talking about… Read more »

Last edited 23 days ago by Who am I?
baby
baby
Reply to  Who am I?

Yeah sure jan, they said the same in 2018

Reply to  baby

2021 is a different year….but according to your vision, Israel is going to win and Heleni…diaboliska second !

Reply to  Who am I?

Did you see with your own eyes something ? If yes please describe to us…

Reply to  Who am I?

What’s the truth Naomi ?

Reply to  baby

With the difference that in 2018 and 2019 (I will also count 2017, which after some live performances freefalled in the odds) the expectations in that period were much bigger (in 2019 even Greece was the favourite to win their semifinal, which they almost did with the juries). On the other side, Stefania’s expectations weren’t that high outside from Greece and The Netherlands in 2020 (19th in the odds before cancellation and if the Contest actually happened we might have even seen her lower). That’s why this year bookmarkers are playing safe with Greece. If Cyprus sent Last Dance and… Read more »

Esc addict
Esc addict
Reply to  notyourtoy

You take care A LOT of the odds for somebody saying during the last weeks that odds are useless and mean nothing….. Ok I get it the odds means something only when they are “interesting” for Greece and only in this case, ok man I take note.

Reply to  Esc addict

We all know in this forum that the only interesting esc thing is Voila…..and nothing else matters. Correct mon amour ?

Please let the others to have their interests…

Reply to  notyourtoy

and Sweden 3 places above the first…

Reply to  baby

You dont know…but you’ve a sure opinion…hohoho !

Roodi
Roodi
23 days ago

You are hating on Destiny everytime on every article Destiny is not a Netta-wannabe let me guess you said that because her song is about female empowerment guess what there were female empowerment songs in ESC before Netta then is Tamara North Macedonia 2019 also a Netta-wannabe because her song was also about female empowerment.Also her song last year was different then this year songs also she did not write and produce the song.

Roodi
Roodi
Reply to  Roodi

Oh look another white guy who talks big via internet.

Reply to  Roodi

Racist ?

Reply to  Roodi

Hahaha….

Fanatics….empowerment

EmilyG
EmilyG

for me the surprise was how this amazing song could be 15th with the bookies

Mita
Mita
23 days ago

Greece is my favourite entry this year. The song is very current, and I think that the 80s vibe will work very well with all age groups. She is very charismatic, and definitely very good looking. If the staging is as good as they say she can easily win.

Reply to  Mita

80ties are back…is worldwide trend in music industry

Mr Vanilla Bean
Mr Vanilla Bean
23 days ago

I didn’t follow any news on this entry: is her team on stage already known? Because I think there was a really cute guy in the music video. He should totally be on stage.

Thrilion
Thrilion
23 days ago

Don’t know about the dancers but the staging director is the one from the Golden era of Greece in the Eurovision, Fokas Evangelinos.

justafan
justafan
23 days ago

Yeah, you can see the team here. Unfortunately the guy from the music video won’t be joining her on Rotterdam.

22 days ago

Rumors said that Atlas is from Bulgaria…

eurovisioon
23 days ago

We won’t win lmao but I hope we will get a better placing than the years before

23 days ago

Not true. Its just that Greece sent good entries in 2018 and 2019 and they got the hype that they deserved, but they failed at the staging ultimately. I dont remember Demys song in 2017 getting any hype, or Argos song in 2016 getting any hype, because they were not good songs.

23 days ago

Demys song was amazing….vocals and staging bad…Argos who ?

Last edited 23 days ago by Kas
Darren
23 days ago

They have entered good staging in the past.

Last edited 23 days ago by Darren
23 days ago

Rumors said…something beyond thunders and lightening

Boreal
Boreal

With that song??? Hahahaha LMHO 😀

Whoareyou?
Whoareyou?
Reply to  Boreal

Bitter much?

Micky
Micky
Reply to  Boreal

They say LMAO, not LMHO you dummy!

Darren
23 days ago

It’s good but definitely not too 10 material sorry.
Also, the Netherlands should be hyping their own act, jeez

VlaD
VlaD
Reply to  Darren

You are right it’s not top 10 it’s top 5 material

Darren
Reply to  VlaD

See what the staging is, but as this is a SONG contest, I can’t see it being too 5, sorry to disappoint you.
But of course like what you like

Reply to  Darren

Its not up to you only to decide if its deserving of top 5 or not, the whole Europe will.
Theres not good or bad music, only music that most people enjoy and music that most peple dont.
And are we pretending that Mans didnt win with a mediocre song thanks to staging, over the amazing Italy that year? So its a Song+Vision contest.

Last edited 23 days ago by Thisisntourlastdance
Darren
23 days ago

Excuse me, did I say it was up to me? Grow tf up and learn to accept that someone may have a difference of opinion.
Also, crazy “stabbing” ain’t going to do Greece any favours.
Thanks x

Reply to  Darren

I didnt mean to offend you! I respect your opinion and if you dont like the song its 100% your right. You just stated it in a way that sounded like a universal truth, while it isnt, at least yet. I mean: I dont personally like France and I say it, but Im not gonna say thats its not a top 5 song coz many other people may like it and the majority will decide that. There are many songs over the year that ended up in the top 5 that I personally hated. Now, if you said it as… Read more »

Last edited 23 days ago by Thisisntourlastdance
Pluma
Pluma
Reply to  Darren

It’s a euro VISION

Darren
Reply to  Pluma

SONG CONTEST

Kristian
Kristian
Reply to  VlaD

It’s not possible to not be in the Top 10 and be in the Top 5

23 days ago

She’ll prolly perform on some platform and jump like she did in the video and create some super wow moment? That would be so very cool.

Reply to  Whisker

Sakis Rouvas already did that 😛

When? How? 🙂

eurovisioon
Reply to  Whisker

2009

Reply to  eurovisioon

Doesn’t count, it’s not the same thing!

Reply to  Whisker

Fly to the top baby…

Reply to  Kas

LOL, that one was truly a typical Eurovision song and performance.

23 days ago

He didn’t jump from a roof and land on a flying horse, though.

Reply to  Jonas

His shirt didnt survive the jump so he may did afterall, Jonas!

stommie
stommie
23 days ago

EBU decided that because of Covid there would be no backing vocals this year. So that countries didn’t have to travel with all those extra people. And then we read about countries seeking limits of what is possible during their staging. Maybe EBU didn’t have their priorities in the right place.

Whoareyou?
Whoareyou?
Reply to  stommie

EBU only found the perfect excuse to manipulate the competition even more, don’t bite so easily the excuse of COVID.

ESC Chris
ESC Chris
23 days ago

I know from trustworthy person that Stefania’s performance will be the advanced form of Sergey’s performance (Russia 2016)

ESCFanGA
ESCFanGA
23 days ago

I think Stefania could be this year’s Eleni Foureira and come out of nowhere to surprise everyone and challenge for the win.

Tom
Tom
Reply to  ESCFanGA

Me when I lie

Reply to  ESCFanGA

No…The Foureira phenomenon is repeated every 20 or much more years. Stefania has good chances to reach top 10 and I believe this is her ambition.

Maybe she will fly???

😛

( I dont think shes really going to fly. I think a staging like Sergeys 2016 is more likely ).

Last edited 23 days ago by Thisisntourlastdance
Kristian
Kristian

Yes , shaky cameraman slayage

Reply to  Kristian

hahahaaaa

More advanced…

London Boy
London Boy
23 days ago

What I like with this information guys is that information comes from the organisers not from the Greek team themselves.. Otherwise we would have again all the wiwi trolls attacking all of Greece and Stefania’s fans for having no right to vote for her in the polls or like her song etc etc.. For me and many others here in the UK I have asked about this, Last Dance is indeed the dark horse for so many reasons. Great melody, great vocals, fresh beautiful Stefania who can also dance and now we hear that there will be an epic staging.… Read more »

Last edited 23 days ago by London Boy
23 days ago

I’ve been telling you about the Greek staging this entire time! Wait till you see the staging! Greece I gonna go top 5 in betting odds after the 1st rehearsal 😉

Kristian
Kristian
Reply to  Who am I?

But the song is still the same no? A great staging will make her do a Sergey

Frisian esc
Frisian esc
Reply to  Kristian

So because sergey got 3rd place with good staging Stefania will also get 3rd this year? Strange logic.

Kristian
Kristian
Reply to  Frisian esc

The logic was a great staging isn’t good enough to win. Not about coming third lol ….

Dawid
Dawid
Reply to  Who am I?

I’ve heard people hyping Greece 2018 staging a lot before we saw it. And let’s say it wasn’t worth all the praises. I’m keeping my expectations low hoping for pleasant surprise.

Reply to  Dawid

Song was great, top 5 material, but staging and vocals were terrible. Same in 2019.

justafan
justafan
Reply to  Kas

Well Yianna’s vocals in 2018 were mediocre, but my girl Duska served art, which was maybe too much for Eurovision. But you can’t say she was horrible. (+she sang right after the winner)

Reply to  justafan

Excuse me but Duska served the worst Greek staging the last 20 years. She was amazingly stressed, the vocals were too bad…and she killed a lovely and innovative song…artistic as well I agree.

Last edited 23 days ago by Kas
justafan
justafan
Reply to  Kas

That’s art. Some people like it, some people don’t.

Reply to  justafan

Yez…good art and bad art…

23 days ago

If I remember well, once in a while, a country risks with their staging. In 2013, the epic staging of Hold Me still shocks me (I can’t imagine how he did all of these moves in that small space). Then, Sergey Lazarev managed a great result after bringing an amazing show in 2016. Then Estonia in 2018 also amazed (notable mention of 2018 is also Finland), with Australia in 2019 making something we will most likely never see again in the future. What I expect is to see Stefania flying. Either in Pegasus or not if she brings the vocals… Read more »

Reply to  notyourtoy

Theres no way they are bringing pegasus on stage. Since horses ( animals ) arent allowed on stage, I cant think of a way for them to do it that wont be looking extremely tacky.
Stefania said that she will have on stage only 1 element from her videoclip, and thats probably the light on the bridge of the song thats flooding everywhere.

Last edited 23 days ago by Thisisntourlastdance
23 days ago

One more month is left before the rehearsals so let’s patiently wait until then, even if I hoped that the rehearsals started now

Jofty
Jofty
23 days ago

A turkey was allowed in 2008?

Achille
Achille
Reply to  notyourtoy

It’s funny for you to mention the Azerbaijan 2013 and Russia 2016 performances, because they were made by Fokas Evaggelinos, the person behind this year’s Greek entry!

Reply to  notyourtoy

Will be dissapointing to see Pegasus or Atlas…I don’t thing so…