Looking back at search data over the past decade, Austrians have Googled Conchita Wurst more than any other Eurovision winner, including ABBA, Celine Dion, and Alexander Rybak. That’s right. In just one year Conchita has clocked up more searches than some acts have clocked up in a decade. Chief among them is ABBA — who have sold nearly 400 million records worldwide and won the Eurovision 50th anniversary show in Copenhagen.
Google Austria revealed the data on Eurovision winners on Wednesday.
Udo Jürgens, Austria’s first Eurovision winner, who passed away last year, is ranked second. ABBA comes third followed by Celine Dion, Lena, Lordi, and Loreen.
EUROPEAN WINNERS: The Most GOOGLED in Austria
1. Conchita Wurst – Austria 2014
2. Udo Jürgens – Austria 1966
3. ABBA – Sweden 1974
4. Celine Dion – Switzerland 1988
5. Lena – Germany 2010
6. Lordi – Finland 2006
7. Loreen – Sweden 2012
8. Vicky Leandros – Luxembourg 1972
9. Alexander Rybak – Norway 2009
10. Johnny Logan – Ireland 1980 and 1987