Sixteen acts competed at EMA 2017 — Slovenia’s national selection process — but only one will become Slovenia’s Eurovision 2017 representative in Kyiv. To help you make an informed decision, the Wiwi Jury – our in-house panel of music unprofessionals – will preview and review the eight acts that reached the final from both semi-finals. Who will be our favourite finalist from Slovenia?
Our jury for EMA 2017 consists of 14 jurors. They hail from Armenia, Australia, Iceland, Malta, Morocco, New Zealand, Russia, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States. We’re celebrating diversity, y’all!
Each juror assesses each song independently, and awards each song a score from 0 to 10. Before calculating the Wiwi Jury verdict, we drop the highest and lowest scores to reduce potential bias and outliers.
We’ll be unrolling these over the coming week before the final on Friday night. You can read the completed reviews by clicking on the song title.
EMA 2017 final: reviews and rankings
- BQL – “Heart of Gold” (7.29)
- Nika Zorjan – “Fse” (6.96)
- Raiven – “Zažarim” (5.5) *
- KiNG FOO – “Wild Ride” (5.5) *
- Sell Out – “Ni panike” (5.38)
- Nuška Drašcek – “Flower in the Snow” (5.29)
- Omar Naber – “On My Way” (5.04) *
- Tim Kores – “Open Fire” (5.04)
* Ties are broken by preferential vote.
Photo: Vikend paket / RTV Slovenija