Ten acts will compete at Melodi Grand Prix, the Norwegian national selection for Eurovision 2017, but only one can grab the golden ticket to Kyiv. To help you make an informed decision on who to pay attention to, the Wiwi Jury – our in-house panel of music unprofessionals – will preview and review each of this year’s acts. We’re ready to pick our favourite for Norway!
Our jury for this edition consists of 20 jurors who come from Australia, Bulgaria, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Morocco, New Zealand, Portugal, Russia, Serbia, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States. Each juror assesses each song independently, and awards each song a score from 0 to 10. Before calculating the Wiwi Jury verdict, we drop the highest and lowest scores to reduce potential bias and outliers.
We’ll be unrolling these one by one over the coming weeks. You can read the completed reviews by clicking on the song title.
Melodi Grand Prix: Reviews and rankings
- Ulrikke – “Places” (6.97)
- Ammunition – “Wrecking Crew” (6.97)
- Elin & The Woods – “First Step in Faith (Oadjebasvuhtii)” (6.53)
- In Fusion – “Nothing Ever Knocked Us Over” (6.39)
- Jenny Augusta – “I Go Where You Go” (6.06)
- Jowst – “Grab the Moment” (5.97)
- Ella – “Mamma Boy” (5.92)
- Rune Rudberg Band – “Run Run Away” (5.64)
- Amina Sewali – “Mesterverk” (5.25)
- Kristian Valen – “You & I” (4.19)