There are less than 24 hours until the Melodifestivalen 2017 final. And Eurofans will spend each and every minute speculating about who will snatch the winner’s trophy on Saturday night in Friends Arena.
Now, for the final time ahead of the show, we’re taking a look at the Spotify streams to see which songs the Swedish people have been playing the most. Ahead the andra chansen round Wiktoria charted highest on the Swedish Spotify charts. But how is it looking now?
The “As I Lay Me Down” singer is definitely keeping her fans awake, as she has more streams than any other artist in the final. She also has the highest charting Melodifestivalen song on the daily chart, currently sitting in second position (behind only Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You”). Overall she has over 3.7 million streams.
The bookies may have him further down the table as fourth favourite, but Robin Bengtsson has a sleek and stunning performance — and the second most daily streams with total of 218,106 in the past day. His song “I Can’t Go On” is currently the fifth most streamed song in Sweden (just behind Kygo and The Chainsmokers).
Two more acts have made it to the top ten. Nano, who qualified to the final from the first semifinal is in the seventh position with 214,689 streams. Overall his song “Hold On” has more than 2.5 million streams. Not bad for a Melodifestivalen debutant!
The boyband FO&O have legions of fans — also known as fooers — and they’ll have even more after taking part in Melodifestivalen. Overall their song is the second most streamed Melodifestivalen finalist with 3.5 millions streams. (We should note that their song has been out a week longer than those who qualified directly to the final). “Gotta Thing About You” is the tenth most streamed song in Sweden with 177,066 daily streams.
Ace Wilder, Boris René and Owe Thörnqvist are the only acts who don’t have their song in the top 50.
When looking at the total streams of the songs, it’s good to remember that songs that advanced through the andra chansen have been available longer than the ones that qualified directly to the final. For example, Boris René’s song has been on Spotify ever since the first deltävling took place on February 4.
Melodifestivalen 2017 final: Spotify streams
1. Wiktoria with “As I Lay Me Down” – 3,730,858
2. FO&O with “Gotta Thing About You” – 3,504,425
3. Lisa Ajax with “I Don’t Give A” – 2,895,020
4. Robin Bengtsson with “I Can’t Go On” – 2,832,616
5. Anton Hagman with “Kiss You Goodbye” – 2,679,858
6. Nano with “Hold On” – 2,548,322
7. Benjamin Ingrosso with “Good Lovin'” – 2,287,456
8. Jon Henrik Fjällgren feat. Aninia with “En värld full av strider (Eatneme gusnie jeenh dåaroeh)” – 1,789,689
9. Boris René with “Her Kiss” – 1,658,553
10. Mariette with “A Million Years” – 1,647,950
11. Ace Wilder with “Wild Child” – 1,039,376
12. Owe Thörnqvist with “Boogieman Blues” – 482,874
Do you think the Spotify streams are a good predictor of the actual results? Which songs do you have on loop? Let us know in the comments or via the wiwibloggs app!