It’s the final OGAE contest of the year and now the nominees for the OGAE Video Contest 2017 have been revealed. The list of contestants features several Eurovision stars, including two former winners.
The 21 nominees for the 2017 competition have been announced today. Each participating OGAE fan group nominated one video from an artist from their country.
The rules are a little different from other OGAE contests. There is no language requirement, but English does not dominate the contest. At least one performer in the video must be from the nominating country — although very small countries may request an exception to this requirement.
The video must have been released either the year of the contest or the year prior, and it must be a music video, not a live performance.
While the video cannot have been featured in Eurovision or previous OGAE contests, there’s no shortage of Eurovision stars in this year’s contest. Iveta Mukuchyan, Naviband, Loïc Nottet Nina Kraljic, Marija Serifovic, Athena, Magdi Rúzsa and Jamala are among this year’s nominees.
But those acts are up against some tough competition. OGAE Australia nominated Sia‘s acclaimed music video for “The Greatest”.
Voting starts on November 1st and will run the full month until November 30th. The results will be announced just in time for Christmas, on December 20th.
This year’s OGAE Video Contest is being hosted by OGAE UK, after their nominated video “Hymn For The Weekend” by Coldplay won the contest in 2016.
The OGAE video contest has been held annually since 2003. In that time, Russia and France have been the most successful countries, each winning two contests.
OGAE Video contest 2017 – nominees
- Armenia: Iveta Mukuchyan – “Amena”
- Australia: Sia – “The Greatest”
- Belarus: Naviband – “Biazy”
- Belgium: Loïc Nottet – “Mud Blood”
- Croatia: Nina Kraljic – “Snijeg”
- Czech Republic: Mikolas Josef – “Believe (Hey Hey)”
- France: Lili Poe – “Écho”
- Germany: Alexa Feser – “Medizin”
- Greece: Malu – “Ora Na Gyriseis”
- Hungary: Magdolna Rúzsa – “Erj Hozzam”
- Italy: Takagi & Ketra ft. Lorenzo Fragola, Arisa – “L’esercito del selfie”
- Macedonia: Dan Talevski – “Rocket”
- Malta: The Travellers – “Hafi Paci Kuluri”
- Poland: Margaret – “What You Do”
- Portugal: The Gift – “Big Fish”
- Russia: Leningrad – “Kolschik”
- Serbia: Marija Serifovic – “Deo proslosti”
- Slovakia: Emma Drobna – “Words”
- Turkey: Athena – “Ses Etme”
- Ukraine: Jamala – “I Believe in U”
- United Kingdom: Amy Macdonald – “Dream On”
What is your favourite video in the OGAE Video Contest 2017?
Which video is your favourite? Visit the links above and watch the videos, then vote for your favourites!