Ten acts will compete at Melodi Grand Prix, the Norwegian national selection for Eurovision 2018, but only one can grab the golden ticket to Lisbon. To help you make an informed decision on who to pay attention to, the Wiwi Jury – our in-house panel of music unprofessionals – will preview and review each of this year’s acts. We’re ready to pick our favourite for Norway!
Our jury for this edition consists of 15 jurors who come from Australia, Bulgaria, Georgia, Iceland, Lithuania, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania and the United Kingdom. Each juror assesses each song independently, and awards each song a score from 0 to 10. Before calculating the Wiwi Jury verdict, we drop the highest and lowest scores to reduce potential bias and outliers.
We’ll be unrolling these one by one over the coming weeks. You can read the completed reviews by clicking on the song title.
Melodi Grand Prix 2018: Reviews and rankings
- Aleksander Walmann – “Talk to the Hand” (7.54)
- Rebecca – “Who We Are” (7.42)
- Ida Maria – “Scandilove” (7)
- Alejandro Fuentes – “Tengo otra” (6.73)
- Vidar Villa – “Moren din” (6.50)
- Charla K – “Stop the Music” (6.38) *
- Nicoline – “Light Me Up” (6.38) *
- Tom Hugo – “I Like I Like I Like” (5.77)
- Stella & Alexandra – “You Got Me” (5.58)
- Alexander Rybak – “That’s How You Write a Song” (5.38)
* Ties are broken by preferential vote.