Photo: EBU / Andres Putting

Rai’s decision about the Eurovision 2022 host city is officially behind schedule.

Speaking at a press conference for the new show Da grande, which starts on Sunday, Rai1’s director Stefano Coletta said:

“Rai is working very seriously and very rigorously on Eurovision. A committee of Rai professionals has been set up and is working hard on the city. We are a bit late in choosing the city for Eurovision 2022 because we have to do things with great transparency and precision.”

And while we will have to wait for news about where we’re all headed next May, we can feast our eyes on some other news. Coletta confirmed that Rai is in negotiations with Alessandro Cattelan to host the contest.

“I’m talking with Alessandro Cattelan also about Eurovision. As you know at this time Rai is focused on the city. The first communicative act that Rai will shortly provide you with. Then later there will be the work on who will represent and tell us about this event, but before you ask me, I’ve been talking about it for a few months with Alessandro, because there is also some technical work needed there. It’s not only the TV code, which is functional, but also skills, and one must have experienced a bit of that international stuff, that speed of storytelling that goes beyond the local and towards the global. For me, Alessandro can really be an important value for Rai”.

Cattelan, who is hosting Da grande, is very keen on the idea of hosting Eurovision.

“Eurovision would certainly be a great opportunity that, if it happens, would mean having to thank a lot of people because it would be a concatenation of lucky events. From Maneskin’s victory, from Maneskin’s choice at Sanremo, from Maneskin’s discovery at X Factor, from Marta Donà taking them all the way there.”

Cattelan presented X Factor and his manager is Marta Donà, who previously managed the Eurovision winning band.

“I would be almost a consequence of what has happened in recent months. It would definitely be a nice opportunity because my path started in those contexts, with MTV, the big MTV awards were the closest thing to Eurovision there is.”

Alessandro Cattelan is an Italian television and radio who host became famous in the early 2000s as a veejay on MTV Italia, presenting programs such as Most Wanted and Total Request Live.

In 2011 he moved to Sky Italia to host X Factor, a program that he stuck with through the fourteenth edition in 2020.

He has also hosted E poi c’è Cattelan, a late-night talk show where he interviewed countless Italian and international showbiz personalities including Ed Sheeran, Robbie Williams, James Blunt, Natalie Imbruglia, Andy Garcia and Spike Lee. And all of this in fluent English.

A few months ago Cattelan left Sky to move to RAI, a move that sparked rumours he’d soon land at the Sanremo Music Festival as its next artistic director. But now the Italian broadcaster has to think about Eurovision…and the timing is perfect!

BadWoolfGirl
BadWoolfGirl
25 days ago

Well everyone is grumbling about Italy taking their time to choose a host city, I have good news that Azerbaijan and Georgia have confirmed participate in Eurovision 2022, which makes it a total of 33 country so far confirming to participate.

Pastora Soler
Pastora Soler
26 days ago

Stop insulting Italy. For being “lazy” they have built Rome or Venice, full of art and beauty. They have monuments around the world because they were “very lazy” that they have conquered the world in the roman period.

What do YOU have??? A good calendar in your room?? Oh, congrats.. Lol.

sam
sam
26 days ago
Reply to  Pastora Soler

no one is insulting italy the country… if thats what you picked up then im very sorry for you. but you cant deny the fact that so far RAI has not been as timely or communicative as other host broadcasters have in recent contests, which is something noteworthy and not iTaLoPhObIc

Ga89
Ga89
26 days ago

Those who claim Italy will do a bad job because they did a bad job in 1991 have obviously forgotten the horror of 2001 and excellency of 2014, both organised by the same country, Denmark. So it doesn’t really matter, relax people and wait to see the outcome . Also, watch the Winter Olympics of 2006, Italy did a great job. Watch some other high scale events organised in Italy and then put your judgment to the front. Calling Italians (and now we see Spaniards) lazy just because they don’t do things the way Northern Europeans do, shows very little… Read more »

Izzy
Izzy
27 days ago

Bring back the iconic Toto and Gigliola ??

Vytautas
Vytautas
28 days ago

I thought only Spaniards are living by the motto “mañana“, which literally means you’re lazy af, so you will deal with the issue sometime next day. I start to worry now that RAI actually will fck Eurovision really bad. :/

sucof
sucof
Reply to  Vytautas

troll!

Last edited 28 days ago by sucof
27 days ago
Reply to  Vytautas

I thought among Eurovision fans there weren’t subtly racist people that think through stereotypes. Anyway I find quite odd that you call lazy af 2 out 5 countries (like Spain and Italy) that put more money to see the show that you follow. your comment is rather pathetic, like the other racist comments posted below…

Vytautas
Vytautas
27 days ago
Reply to  Vale

You can be rich and still be lazy. I have lived in Spain for almost a year (Southern part, Andalusia, to precise) and people there are truly kind and lovable, but they are LAZY. And by lazy I mean they feel no obligation to meet deadlines, finish projects on time because well… life happens as they say. Thus, you are not allowed to call me racist or living by applying stereotypes because I have faced this attitude in Spain quite weekly, if not daily. For a person from a somewhat more Northern part of Europe, this kind of attitude/lifestyle is… Read more »

27 days ago
Reply to  Vytautas

I am allowed to have my opinion. So you are a racist xenophobic. Having lived in a city (not an entire country) for just 1 year doesn’t give you the knowledge of the entire culture and identity of that country. Also it does say a lot that you don’t have the gut to name you country (somewhere more Northern part of Europe). What is it? A riddle? Or are you ashamed to name your country? I am sure other racist people have lots of stereotypes about your country!!! Grow up!

Last edited 27 days ago by Vale
Vytautas
Vytautas
27 days ago
Reply to  Vale

Oh, yeah, we live in the age of democracy so you’re free to keep your entitled opinion, just like I’m. You call me a racist xenophobic (why does it feel like you’re either from Spain yourself who got triggered?), so I call you one of those lazy guys. As for guts to name my country – I’m not ashamed to say I’m from Lithuania because I’m proud of my country, unlike you, Mr/Ms Vale. What I was saying by “more Northern part of Europe” is that it’s not exactly clear how my country should be classified: is it Central Europe… Read more »

Esc addict
Esc addict
28 days ago

Guys stop comparing NOW with the 1991’s show, it doesn’t make sense, the show has evolved and it’s not the same approach as in the 90’s so let’s see what Italy will do, not really confident in RAI but let’s see. The only bad things I remember about the esc in 1991 are the presenters and the results (a trauma and resentment for many eurofans still now), that’s all. About the presenters and about some technical issues Italy can only improve so it’s cool.

Bella
Bella
Reply to  Esc addict

Preach. Also (1) most people here probably did not even watch the 91 show and are just repeating something they’ve read in the comment section (“HoStInG wAs BaD iN 1991, oMG!”). And (2) the 1991 contest was totally fine and actually very charming. They recently did Eurovision again for 1980, and frankly the host was just as lost and confused during the voting as 91. It’s very common at the ESC.

Esc addict
Esc addict
Reply to  Bella

Honestly, I saw this contest in 1991 with my family, and as far as I remember nothing was really bad, ok the presenters could have done really better but except that the show was in the same standard as the others shows of the 90’s IMO, the important things in esc are the performances of the singers not of the presenters…. as I said the only thing really bad was the end and the results…..Amina always in our hearts. I’m not the most confident about RAI with Eurovision but I want to see before judging and I think they do… Read more »

Last edited 28 days ago by Esc addict
Roo
Roo
27 days ago
Reply to  Esc addict

I’m looking forward to a less slick, Swedish flavoured Eurovision.

Esc addict
Esc addict
27 days ago
Reply to  Roo

Guys stop with your hate towards Sweden too, firstly Sweden is the country among the participating countries who respect and love the contest the most, it’s a huge event for them on the contrary of others. 2016 is one of the best edition of the last decade. Ok with Sweden eveything is very prepared very organised and it doesn’t let place for improvisation so it makes lost a little bit of charm, but it’s not the end of the world. When Sweden is involved or host, some eurofans are not happy or satisfied, but when it’s another countries like Italy… Read more »

Alvaro
Alvaro
28 days ago

Well, at least we have some news at the moment. It’s not an easy choice, so many great options (kind of a good problem though). I trust they’re doing the best to put on a great show. Forza Italia!

Last edited 28 days ago by Alvaro
Bella
Bella
28 days ago

The contest is in more than 8 months, chill out. They are busy choosing among a list of great cities, there are no bad options on the table.

AdD
AdD
26 days ago
Reply to  Bella

No kidding. Literally any of the cities that put in a bid are capable of hosting a far more than suitable show. Things will be done when they need to be. Pretty sure that Rai is not accountable nor will they care about randos complaining on the internet.

Eurovision fan
Eurovision fan
28 days ago

Come on, Milano should be the host city

Pastora Soler
Pastora Soler
28 days ago

Why are they giving so much importance to Alessandro Cattelan??

He is not Rafaella Carrá or a big italian world star… I don’t get it

hzalfa
hzalfa
Reply to  Pastora Soler

Because he is being heavily requested by Italian themselves. Mostly by young people, who are the vast majority of Eurovision viewers in Italy

Laura
Laura
Reply to  Pastora Soler

Since Carrà sadly passed away, we don’t really have many choices here. Italian TV hosts are mostly older or they don’t speak English. Being a “big Italian world star” doesn’t make you automatically capable of being a TV host.

28 days ago

About the host, well no surprises… i can’t find someone else who’s better than him for an event like Eurovision! RAI will go for a host that already works for RAI so i doubt they will pick any random celebrities unless there are no skilled candidates. Am i the only one who’d think that the dude from 365 days would be cool to host? I mean he’s got a big fanbase and he speaks English lol. but it’s just a joke, i knew that there are strict criteria which obvs were not applied in Azerbaijan because they had no one… Read more »

Luc
Luc
28 days ago

Regarding the host city announcement: I wouldn’t have noticed if you didn’t say so 🙂
Edit: It’s a joke, though I’m not concerned at all, Italy knows how to put on a show

Last edited 28 days ago by Luc
28 days ago

my only concern is how radio folks are pronouncing “maneskin” here in brazil, makes my ear bleed

BadWoolfGirl
BadWoolfGirl
27 days ago
Reply to  Jo.

How are they mispronouncing it is?

Grtf
Grtf
28 days ago

Can’t wait for Eurovision 1991 again.

Nathan
Nathan
28 days ago

I’m not worried. Italy knows how to put on a show and I can only assume that the time they’re taking is being used to make sure they can showcase the best of Italy and to create a fantastic Eurovision Song Contest. People really need to chill out 🙂

Thanos
Thanos
28 days ago

Well we will wait it seems. I mean there’s still a lot of time to go so it’s okay. I really hope for a well-organised contest too, but it’s really too early to start throwing accusations. Let’s see what Italy has in store for us!

Lollipopmonster
Lollipopmonster
28 days ago
I guess RAI 1 is waiting for the last payments from all the cities ^^ - who pays the most to Mr. Coletta will get the deal ...and the director has enough money for his retirement. Okay ....just kidding.
Luc
Luc

Knowing Italians, this doesn’t sound that crazy anyways XD

Reply to  Luc

EBU is overseeing the negotiations and process.

ESCFanGA
ESCFanGA
28 days ago

I imagine part of the reason for the host city delay is that Italy has a lot of options to choose from with regards to where to host Eurovision. If a smaller country like Estonia or Switzerland were hosting, they would have decided on the host city much sooner as they have fewer options.

Reply to  ESCFanGA

Right? Even with the options narrowed down, there are a few choices that seem equally viable

Reply to  Joe

Milan, Bologna and Turin tick all the boxes (venue, airport, facilities etc) so of course they want to take their time and pick the best. I am sure there is a lot of pressure from the cities as well, it can be a political game.

Reply to  ESCFanGA

exactly. All the previous host countries knew in advance the city and the candidates were dar less.

Samo
Samo
Reply to  Alex

That certainly wasn’t the case in Netherlands.

Laura
Laura
Reply to  ESCFanGA

We’re having council elections in 2 weeks, including in Milan, Turin and Bologna. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’d wait until the results are out so that Eurovision can’t be used politically

Ugnius
Ugnius
28 days ago

Well, Italians are messy and unorganized so this isn’t a surprise that they haven’t chosen host city yet

Dolemite
Dolemite
Reply to  Ugnius

Please keep your xenophobia private, we don’t all need to know you hold such repulsive views.

Shuma
Shuma
Reply to  Dolemite

He’s not wrong though is he. Downvote him all you like, doesnt change facts

Reply to  Shuma

Well Danes used to have a very good reputation (unlike Italians) but guess what… they got a debt from Eurovision 2014, corruption and overspending.

Bella
Bella
Reply to  Shuma

A subjective opinion in the form of a generalization is not “facts”. And even if that were true, the fact that the host city hasn’t been announced more than *8 months* before the contest doesn’t equal a lack of organization.

Generalizations and derogatory language weaponized against an entire nation is indeed xenophobia though.

Luc
Luc
Reply to  Dolemite

where’s the lie tho?

Hyunwoo
Hyunwoo
28 days ago

Perhaps this is just a financial impasse.

28 days ago

Better late than never, I say. The host city’s interesting enough, but right now I’m more interested in seeing who’s competing.

28 days ago

I like Marta getting some appreciation. Alessandro is loyal, it seems.

Reply to  Jonas

She’s still his manager so ofc he is loyal?

Polegend Godgarina
Polegend Godgarina
28 days ago

eurofans are so overdramatic chile… the host city could be revealed in january and the show would still go on as planned. y’all are impatient to book your flights and airbnbs huh ?

Lollipopmonster
Lollipopmonster
28 days ago

yes we are – time is money my mother told me …..and early bookings grant you a low-cost flight and good hotel for less money.

28 days ago

Multi-million-euro broadcasts do not revolve around a privileged few.

Celeste
Celeste
28 days ago

Ukraine 2016: Sorry, we are late, we don’t have choose the city yet !
Fans : boooooh, Ukraine should never have won, they can’t host the contest correctly !! withdraw !!
Italy 2021: Sorry, we are late, we don’t have choose the city yet !
Fans: It’s ok, we loooooove you Italy !!

sucof
sucof
Reply to  Celeste

and Germany 2011?

Last edited 28 days ago by sucof
L’oiseau
L’oiseau
Reply to  Celeste

Spot on!!!

Frisian esc
Frisian esc
Reply to  Celeste

No offense, but ukraine 2017 had like 2 million other problems and dramatic things happening besides being late with chosing a host city. The drama was real

Last edited 28 days ago by Frisian esc
Reply to  Celeste

3 randoms on twitter do not represent the entire fanbase

Bella
Bella
Reply to  Celeste

Apples and oranges. There was A LOT more than just delays going on in Ukraine in 2016. Like, an armed conflict with a neighbor that happens to also participate in Eurovision, but no big deal.

28 days ago

Well, OK. For as long as the shows start on time …

Alon Pratt
Alon Pratt
28 days ago

Since when does the local TV station choose the city?? It is the EBU’s choice, not RAI’s.
Israeli government was furious when Tel Aviv was chosen over Jerusalem. But it wasn’t KAN who chose. The EBU did

L’oiseau
L’oiseau
Reply to  Alon Pratt

Sorry but this is absolutely incorrect. The choice is of the TV station. EBU can voice its concerns if there are significant issues of security or logistics, which was the case of Jerusalem (the issue of not being able to work Saturdays). Other than, if the city has all the minimum requirements, EBU has to accept the decision.

AdD
AdD
Reply to  L’oiseau

Not only that, but the city itself has some say in things. Had Rotterdam not agreed to allocate €6M to be host on 2021, NOS, AVTROTROS, and NPO would’ve had to deal with the problem, and the EBU would’ve been at their mercy, as would literally everyone else would have been.

Alon Pratt
Alon Pratt
Reply to  AdD

Of course the city has a say, they made a bid! They can’t be chosen if they don’t even apply, can they?

AdD
AdD
Reply to  Alon Pratt

Of course not. My point is that the EBU doesn’t have a choice in the matter. The city itself has a say on everything too.

L’oiseau
L’oiseau
Reply to  AdD

Yes, absolutely!

Alon Pratt
Alon Pratt
Reply to  L’oiseau

What you’re saying doesn’t fit the selection process history. The decision is the EBU’s and the statement about the decision comes out of the Ebu. KAN had ZERO say as to where 2019 would be. It was 100% EBUs choice. It is the EBUs show, after all, the local TV producers it for them.

L’oiseau
L’oiseau
Reply to  Alon Pratt

No, sorry that is not how it works and it was not the case for Israel either.

Reply to  Alon Pratt

Since the 1950s.

Helena
Helena
28 days ago

Well, some older remember that Rome 1991 was a fiasco. The rehearsals started and they didnt have chairs in the studio, and the stage wasnt ready.
So dont expect something different this time.

Fatima
Fatima
Reply to  Helena

I’m hoping for a little bit of chaos, it might be fun. It doesn’t have to be perfect to be a great show.

hhhhurricane
hhhhurricane
Reply to  Helena

y’all are so casually racist towards italians it’s scary

sTommie
sTommie
Reply to  Helena

Give me Rome 1991 anytime over the funeral broadcast that was Malmo 1992.

Milan
Milan
27 days ago
Reply to  sTommie

Hahaha, so true!

Reply to  Helena

Now, this types of comment about Italy 1991 hosting are becoming quite annoying. Given that Toto Cutugno wasn’t a presenter by profession and he was bad (and also he didn’t deserve to win, compared to Domenico Modugno, Raf and Tozzi, Mia Martini and so on), the Eurovision city was moved at the last minute to another city. In fact, because the outbreak of the Gulf War, the host broadcaster RAI decided in January 1991, to better ensure the security of foreign delegations to move the contest to Rome. This caused serious organisational problems and delays. Plus the contest was held… Read more »

Alon Pratt
Alon Pratt
Reply to  Vale

This is news to me that Rome wasn’t the original supposed-to-be host of 1991. Where was it supposed to be?

sucof
sucof
Reply to  Alon Pratt

originally it was supposed to be in Sanremo, but due to the sudden outbreak of the war in the Gulf, Rai moved the event to Rome (a cinecitta ‘) at the last moment for a security question. Comparisons cannot be made with 30 years ago, it was another mentality, another type of television and above all Italy was not interested in making Eurovision. I challenge any country to produce Sanremo every year, a great live show for 5 consecutive evenings, with great scenographies and national and international guests, nobody does it, besides Italy, in the rest of the world, so… Read more »

Last edited 28 days ago by sucof
A D
A D
Reply to  Alon Pratt

Sanremo

Reply to  Vale

English and French are EBU’s “official” languages. Did other countries around that time use their national language to present the show?
I watched the 1990 contest held in former Yugoslavia and Slavic-speaking hosts made an effort to speak in English and particularly French.
The host in Sweden a few years before, also thanks to Eurovision again, spoke in several languages of the participating countries’ besides English and French. Why was it hard for the Italian hosts of 1991 present the show in English and French?

Ivan
Ivan

It was literally over 30 years ago, move on

Extinguir
Extinguir
28 days ago

A lot of Malmo 1992 was in swedish language, rewatching it some months ago refreshed my mind. And that surprised me, ’cause no one remembers.

Reply to  Extinguir

I was talking about 1985 or 1986, the year Norway won.

28 days ago

EBU: The General Assembly chooses the official languages, which shall in any event include French and English. Then, they are not the official languages. Obviously they did a mistake to let them present the competition, but the tallying was both in English and French. So technically, they included those languages. At the time, they could make an effort to provide subtitles from Italian. Why did they expect everybody was speaking those two languages?

Last edited 28 days ago by Vale
Reply to  Vale

Your quote says that official language would include French and English which makes them official languages but not necessarily the only ones. Talying “numbers” in two language is not amazing. Did they have the numbers on screens? That would make it all self-explanatory. Now talking about the 2022 contest, I think there will be a very high standard in production. All broadcasters have commentary in their own language so that aspect will be dealt with. *FINLAND* had commentary for UMK 2021 in English, Swedish and Russian as far as I remember. And that was a just a national selection!! *LOVE*… Read more »

AdD
AdD
28 days ago

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is due to English being the most widely understood language around.

Reply to  AdD

One of the major contributor to the English language is an Italian called Giovanni Florio.

Helena
Helena
28 days ago

It is called arrogance. They though Eurovision was like an Italian trash show like Domenica In, and they treat itnlike this

And I am afraid they will do this again in 2022

27 days ago
Reply to  Helena

Donenics in is not exactly a trash show. I am wondering where you are from, for being so nasty towards Italians…..

Luc
Luc
Reply to  Vale

To be honest, I’d rather the UK left instead of Italy. I mean, BBC isn’t willing to change their bad habits towards Eurovision and they always get lame results because of their indifference, do we really need them? They don’t even work as some sort of comic relief!

Helena
Helena
Reply to  Vale

So, you do confirm that 1991 was a fiasco because of the Italian decisions, presenters, change of city etc.

Eurovision was going on for 14 years with Italy out. Eurovision is bigger than Italy or any other country.

27 days ago
Reply to  Helena

Your xenophobic comment says a lot about you. You wrote: ‘don’t expect something different this time’. Why? What stereotype do you have towards Italians? As I wrote Toto Cutugno was bad as a presenter and he didn’t deserve to win, and also the delays were caused by the move to another city, but that doesn’t mean that all contests held in Italy are chaotic and disorganised as you imply. Yes, Eurovision is bigger than Sanremo because it is a competition organised by dozens of countries. So your comment is non sense EBU tried to convince for many years Italy to… Read more »

Last edited 27 days ago by Vale
L’oiseau
L’oiseau
Reply to  Helena

It was messy? Yes! Does it have to be messy again: absolutely not! I think you are jumping into conclusions and being a bit pre-judgemental.

Reply to  Helena

That was back in the 90s when the show was produced by the broadcaster and NOT EBU. Educated yourself.

EBU is the boss now.

Helena
Helena
Reply to  Alex

Oh no darling. The one who puts the money is the one who controls. EBU just takes the profit.

Extinguir
Extinguir
28 days ago

Italy, like Germany in 2011, is heading towards a late announcement: as for big countries, there’re more cities and venues to choose from and so are sponsorships and a lot of derivative options on table. There might be an internal race to which city/council will hand more money on the plate.

This “delay” is nothing to be worried of. Dusseldorf, announced in the second week of October 2010, was a fantastic show

Last edited 28 days ago by Extinguir
Rifki
Rifki
Reply to  Extinguir

well, the bidding phase for 2011 was a bit odd, especially in the case of Berlin’s bid (which was a tent instead of the O2 World, now Mercedes Benz Arena). Hamburg was also odd, offering their exhibition centre instead of O2 World Hamburg, now Barclaycard Arena.

Last edited 28 days ago by Rifki
willchrisiam
willchrisiam
Reply to  Rifki

Well the show in Dusseldorf was fun but there were a lot of problems behind the scene. I remember our delegation and a few others having lots of technical problems, there was a problem with the transmission, voting and the announcement of the votes. I don’t think that had anything to do with the city but I certainly wouldn’t call it a fantastic show.

Reply to  willchrisiam

the technical problems had nothing to do with Dusseldorf being announced late. ESC2013 had technical issues during the shows. Even this year there were technical issues, it happens in LIVE shows.

willchrisiam
willchrisiam
Reply to  Alex

I also said that (“I don’t think that had anything to do with the city”). I was commenting on a statement that it was “a fantastic show”. I know that there are always bound to be some glitches when you deal with live shows but I still think that, together with 2017, it had the most technical issues. At least for my country based on the delegation’s comments.

joff
joff
28 days ago

The usual hysterical fans who want to know everything right away. They can announce everything tomorrow, but Eurovision will still be in May. So I don’t see all these problems if the city is announced today or in a week. There will be time for tickets and travel arrangements from now until May. Please, You have to rinse your mouth before speaking ill about Italy.

Ulvi-Roko Oosterhuis
Ulvi-Roko Oosterhuis
28 days ago

The host city will be Paris because Italy should’ve been disqualified for taking cocaine during the Grand Final.

Joey
Joey
28 days ago

How are you a Eurofan if you’ve been living under a rock until now?

Jenny
Jenny
28 days ago

Are we really still talking about this fake news???

BadWoolfGirl
BadWoolfGirl
28 days ago

Oh, FFS, Nobody snorted cocaine at Eurovision! That was a bit of fake news that went way out of hand.

willchrisiam
willchrisiam
Reply to  BadWoolfGirl

I ofc never believed that happened but does anyone know if something like that would even be forbidden/affect the results if it were to happen? I don’t remember any rule that covers such a situation. I actually expected them to be sanctioned (as in scolded) over the lyrics in their winner’s performance. I’m glad they weren’t but I’d also prefer if no one messed with the rules . (before I get attacked I’m also talking about Dami Im’s Facetime lyrics)

Luc
Luc
28 days ago

I thought everyone was over this fake news already

Rifki
Rifki
28 days ago

well, I might start doubting RAI’s capability to put an excellent 2022 show, if even they can’t somehow manage their time. Italy is not Israel, nor Azerbaijan. Italy has some suitable venues to choose, and three months is more than enough. I don’t know why Sweden, Denmark, Austria and Portugal can do it while Italy, which is a big 5 country, somehow can’t.

Last edited 28 days ago by Rifki
sucof
sucof
Reply to  Rifki

rest assured that in May 2022 you will see Eurovision on TV.

Frisian esc
Frisian esc
Reply to  Rifki

The headline: Italy is somewhat later with picking the host city than usual.
Your conclusion: Italy isn’t capable of hosting eurovision?

Reply to  Rifki

Sweden, Denmark, Austria and Portugal had crystal clear options on the host city; see capital cities. There was no doubt about that, we already knew the host city in each year. Italy has more than one capable city with strong proposals (Turin, Bologna to name the biggest ones). Eurofans should calm down and focus on their lives..

Rifki
Rifki
Reply to  Alex

well, Sweden 2013 was not in the capital, YET it was still early. and it is not necessarily a capital city. as long as a suitable city is found, use it and announce it A.S.A.P..

Young At Heart In Austin
Young At Heart In Austin
28 days ago

I don’t know much about Cattelan, but with RAI going after him to host does that have help indicate what city they’re leaning towards?

Hyunwoo
Hyunwoo
28 days ago

Alessandro Cattelan (born 11 May 1980 in Tortona) is an Italian television personality known for presenting TRL Italy, the Italian version of Total Request Live broadcast by MTV Italia, and Le Iene, broadcast by Mediaset’s Italia 1. He hosted the Italian version of The X Factor (Italy) from 2011 to 2020. Cattelan is a devoted fan of the football club Inter Milan and is often present in the stadium and training sessions of the team. During the 2018–19 season, Cattelan presented with Chadia Rodriguez the Italian daily talk show “EPCC – e poi c’è Cattelan”, on-air on Sky Uno. He… Read more »

Extinguir
Extinguir
28 days ago

He is born in Tortona, province of Alessandria, which is in the Piedmont region. The capital of Piedmont is Turin. Anyway Cattelan worked and is working in Milan.

But I don’t think the choice of Cattelan indicates the possible host city

Hilarious!

Dolemite
Dolemite
28 days ago

At least we have some news.

CatcoolH
CatcoolH
28 days ago

“We are a bit late” this made me laugh lol

Erasmus