Thirteen acts will compete at the Belarusian national selection for Eurovision 2017, but only one can grab the golden ticket to Kyiv. To help you make an informed decision on who to pay attention to, the Wiwi Jury – our in-house panel of music unprofessionals – will preview and review each of this year’s acts. We’re ready to pick our favourite for Belarus!
Our jury for this edition consists of 17 jurors who come from Australia, Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Georgia, Iceland, Malta, Morocco, New Zealand, Portugal, Russia, Spain and the United Kingdom. Each juror assesses each song independently, and awards each song a score from 0 to 10. Before calculating the Wiwi Jury verdict, we drop the highest and lowest scores to reduce potential bias and outliers.
We’ll be unrolling these one by one over the coming weeks. You can read the completed reviews by clicking on the song title.
Belarus Eurovision 2016: Reviews and Rankings
- Navi – “Historyja majho zyccia” (7.9)
- Nuteki – “Take My Heart” (6.80)
- Nikita Hodas – “Voices In My Head” (6.3)
- Kattie – “Wild Wind” (5.63)
- Napoli – “Let’s Come Together” (5.57) *
- Isaac Nightingale – “On the Red Line” (5.57)
- Angelika Pushnova – “We Should Be Together” (5.17)
- Alexandra Tkach – “Be Stronger” (5.1)
- Vladislav Kurasov – “Follow the Play” (5.00)
- July – “Children of the World” (4.6)
- PROvokatsiya – “My Love” (3.23)
- Anastasia Sheverenko – “We’ll Be Together” (3.00)
- Lermont x Julic – “Heart Beat” (2.23)
* Ties are broken by preferential vote.
In my opinion, Belarus has four songs that could qualify:
– Nuteki – Take my Heart (overall good song like ‘Alter Ego’,… though I read in an interview that their song is about giving their heart to God…)
– NAVI – Historyja majho zyccia (good vibes, happy, catchy and in belarussian)
– Nikita Hodas – Voices in my head (he would receive a lot of points from juries)
– Kattie – Wild Wind (she would get “typical peace song” votes from the televote)
Im very happy to see that my favourite song ‘Follow the Play’ is currently leading the odds!!! Nuteki is second
@Mikhail Vasilyev The rating 3.00 of Sheverenko is higher than 3.23 of PROvokatsiya? Please correct.
Nuteki is good, Navi is good, but revamped song of Kattie is a masterpiece with great message. It’s a fact. My opinion: Kattie should win a ticket to Kyiv.
Navi or Nuteki for the win – Angelica Pushnova and these guys are dark horses
I’m not actually sure about Nuteki qualifying. Their song sounds a bit similar to Coldplay’s “Sky Full Of Stars” (in my opinion) and I don’t know if people will start accusing them for plagiarism. However, I do agree that Kattie and NAVI may have some chances at qualifying, though I do hope Kattie can practice more on enunciating the lyrics, cause I think she only made very few mistakes in pronounciating them.
Nuteki, Kattie, and NAVI are the only ones that have any shot of qualifying for the final. It’s a fairly dreary NF.