The Melodifestivalen 2017 final is tonight, but last night the artists took out their treadmills, bungee jump ropes and hot dogs to perform in front of a live audience in the dress rehearsal. The international juries also watched the show and have ranked the songs based on last night’s performances.
Like in the past five weeks, once again the Swedish fanclub Melodifestivalklubben asked the departing audience, who should win the final. A total of 574 people answered the poll last night and it seems that the Swedish audience has two big favourites.
Wiktoria topped the poll with 100 votes. She has made some changes to her performance after the semi-final and is ready to slay in a new red dress tomorrow. Even though she is the big favourite to win, Wiktoria told us that she doesn’t feel pressure but is happy for all the support she is getting.
But it’s not clear victory for Wiktoria. Melodifestivalen debutant Nano is a close second with 95 votes. These two have been also the bookies’ favourites to win the contest on Saturday. Nano told us in the interview that Melodifestivalen helped him to find the way from darkness to light and now his future is looking very bright.
Taking third place on the audience poll is Robin Bengtsson, who is back at the Melodifestivalen final after finishing fifth last year. His performance includes four male dancers, treadmills and extremely well synchronized choreography.
Anton Hagman, who beat Eurovision winner Loreen in the duel in the andra chansen, is fourth place in the poll. Anton got discovered through YouTube and is now really making his big breakthrough. Robin Stjenberg won Melodifestivalen back in 2013, after going through the andra chansen. Can Anton do the same?
Another upcoming pop star Benjamin Ingrosso rounds out the top five. The Wiwi Jury’s favourite Mariette finished joint sixth in the poll with FO&O.
Melodifestivalen 2017 final: Audience poll results
- Wiktoria with “As I Lay Me Down” 17,42% (100 votes)
- Nano with “Hold On” 16,55% (95 votes)
- Robin Bengtsson with “I Can’t Go On” 14,46% (83 votes)
- Anton Hagman with “Kiss You Goodbye” 9,23% (53 votes)
- Benjamin Ingrosso with “Good Lovin'” 7,49% (43 votes)
- Mariette with “A Million Years” 5,75% (33 votes) *
- FO&O with “Gotta Thing About You” 5,75% (33 votes) *
- Owe Thörnqvist with “Boogieman Blues” 5,23% (30 votes)
- Jon Henrik Fjällgren feat. Aninia with “En värld full av strider (Eatneme gusnie jeenh dåaroeh)” 5,05% (29 votes)
- Lisa Ajax with “I Don’t Give A” 4,70% (27 votes)
- Ace Wilder with “Wild Child” 4,53% (26 votes)
- Boris René with “Her Kiss” 3,83% (22 votes)
* Tied at joint sixth and seventh places.
Melodifestivalenklubben emphasize that the jury rehearsals usually consists of more children than the actual show. The audience last night consisted of families, kids, teen and adults. They are also saying that the jury rehearsal had very few tickets sold.
Do you think Wiktoria will win or will there be a surprise winner? Let us know in the comments!
Read more Melodifestivalen news
Photo: Stina Stjernkvist/SVT