In December, #EurovisionAgain will celebrate Eurovision non-qualifiers, with a fan rewatch and vote of 20 of the best songs that never made it to a grand final. But before that, we want to know which non-qualifiers are your favourites. We’re running a series of polls to see which acts wiwibloggs readers think deserve a second chance.

The polls include all countries who had more than one non-qualifier in the semi-finals era — from 2004 onwards. Listen to the non-qualifying tracks and vote for your favourites! We’re continuing with Lithuania, Malta, Moldova and Monaco.

What is your favourite non-qualifier from Lithuania?

What is your favourite non-qualifier from Malta?

What is your favourite non-qualifier from Moldova?

What is your favourite non-qualifier from Monaco?

Previous polls

Which non-qualifiers are your favourites? Who would you like to see have another shot at Eurovision? Tell us your thoughts below!

See more of our polls here

Veta
Veta

1. Malta – Warrior by far, a robbed masterpiece. “My Dream” is a pleasant song too and was in my personal final of 2010. 2. Lithuania – Eastern European Funk by very far, for me the best entry of Lithuanian Eurovision history. It was so danceable and fun! I love “Run with the lions” too. All the rest Lithuanian songs from the list were deserving nq’s, imo. 3. Moldova – A Century of Love is my choice, although I loved Falling Stars as well, while “Wild Soul” had a relatable message. I don’t know the songs from Monaco so I… Read more »

Last edited 9 months ago by Veta
Badwoolfgirl
Badwoolfgirl

My choices:

Lithuania: 2010 (to be honest, I’m not really fond of Lithuania’s non-qualifiers in general, apart from the 1 I chose–it’s a good guilty pleasure)
Malta: 2011 (Not really into Malta’s failed efforts. This was catchy and so close)
Moldova: 2015 (best of a bad lot. It’s catchy and entertaining)
Monaco: 2005 (Curse of being a micronation)

Here were my votes:
Lithuania: 2014 (close second: 2010).
Malta: 2017, because “Breathlessly” is a very special song to me personally, but I love all of Malta’s entries.
Moldova: 2016. I don’t much care for the rest.
Monaco: 2005 by a clear mile. An old-fashioned beautiful song that was performed superbly; it should have qualified.

Richie
Richie

Lithuania 2010
Malta 2015
Moldova: Sorry, no one
Monaco: 2005

Not the strongest selection of countries to consider when it comes to their non-qualifiers. There’s some nice songs but nothing that was clearly wronged by the results received. I’d say Malta 2015 is probably the only song that was 100% grand final quality and I also liked Lithuania 2019 but can understand why it didn’t qualify.

Serafina
Serafina

Lithuania: Either now I’m getting closer to yOoOoOu, feel the rain of rEvOlUtIoN or ATTENTION
Malta: Taboo was robbed
Moldova: 2019’s is my favorite but it’s still bad
Monaco: Can’t tell, I’ve only seen from 2011 onwards (and bits of iconic performances from previous yrs)

PP77
PP77

Lithuania 2005,2008,2014,2019
Malta 2007,2010
Monaco 2005
Moldova 2015

Me!
Me!

Lithuania: 2019
Malta: 2007
Moldova: 2016
Monaco: 2006

Heini
Heini

Lithuania – Nomads in the night and Monaco – La Coco Dance. Moldova and Malta – not a single one, all bad songs

Jofty
Jofty
Reply to  Heini

That is really harsh and unkind

Diabolo
Diabolo

Lithuania: Run with the Lions (2019)
Malta: Warrior (2015
Moldova: Stay (2019)
Monaco: Tout de moi (2005)

ESC8
ESC8

Lithuania:2019. It’s the only decent song from Lithuania of those that didn’t make it to the final Malta: 2015. I’m torn actually between Warrior and Taboo (and as it seems I’m not the only one, it’s going to be a vote by vote battle among these 2), but in the end I voted for Warrior. 2008’s Vodka used to be my guilty pleasure but it didn’t age that well, so I only voted for Amber Moldova: 2015. It was tough. Except for their 2008 song, all of the others could’ve made the cut. I wasn’t a fan of Falling Stars… Read more »

Frisian esc
Frisian esc

I’d give jurij veklenko 12 poibts for his appearance but that song is just a no

Reply to  Frisian esc

It wasn’t a song that blew people’s socks off but it wasn’t a bad song.

Linus
Linus

Is everybody in here younger then 15? it seems like that because all entries that are older is always in the bottom. Always the most newest one is first haha.

Last edited 10 months ago by Linus
ESC8
ESC8
Reply to  Linus

I think this is because some of the older songs are forgotten. And this isn’t about the age of those voting. I mean Cyprus 2007 is in the lead. There were songs that I had to re-listen to because I could not even remember their rhythm (ie Denmark 2004). When you forget a song in less than 20 years, then this isn’t good for the song. But there are songs from the 60s or even 50s that a lot of people know, and I do not mean the winning ones. So I believe that it’s because most of the more… Read more »

Linus
Linus
Reply to  ESC8

i guess but i have watched older versions up to 1984 just to get to know those songs to, I am 100% sure younger then 18 dont ever watch more then 1 year back. sad

Idksmth
Idksmth
Reply to  Linus

I’m 17 and I’ve seen all Eurovision song contest up until 1980 and some more older than that (not in a specific order tho). I’m sure there are people who do that but you can’t put all younger than 18 year olds in one category because there are many people like me who actually are interested in watching the older ones and see how Eurovision has been changing over the years.

Linus
Linus
Reply to  Idksmth

sorry:)

Reply to  Linus

To be fair, the song quality, especially from the smaller countries, has really improved in recent years. As a result, songs that would be contenders for the top five in the early 2000s now run the risk of not qualifying from a SF due to have competitive the competition is now.

At last: Monaco 2004. Groundbreaking entry because of the topic. And people were talking about Belgium 2019. Monaco had done it first. I still find it pretty bad (the choreo and the fashion and the aesthetic altogether were tacky and amateur) – it’s only the topic that made me pick it for Monaco.

Linus
Linus

Coco dance for Monaco…. that live was horrible , and still they got votes here and a lot haha. i rest my case

Malta: 2007 especially should have “an alert warning”: m g, what did Malta think when they chose that performance? MG, that was so tacky and bad that I cannot believe it. What the double u efftea? They got right one thing: the title of the song. The effect was fitting. MG. Also about Malta – their 2008 was tacky nonetheless. Only a year later after the vertigo of 2007. Among other things – a country that prides itself totally deservingly with unique culture and language and geography amongst other blessed European countries, crowned itself with such kitssch two years in… Read more »

Last edited 10 months ago by Una

Ya, Malta with their vodka song and taking Serbia for Russia. Quite visionary tho, Russia won that year.

Lithuania 2005: so tacky and Eurovision-ey from the mid 2000’s that I liked it. The song was not that bad. But the staging, the choreo, the fashion, the characters … Still ok.
Also 2017 – the song was not the best nor was the presentation but the female singer rocked and owned the stage *and the public*. The sad, sad year when no Baltic states made it to the final.

Indiana07
Indiana07

Lithuania 2017 was still definitely better than Portugal 2017.

Moldova: 2008 without a doubt. Had no idea their song was that good – classy and jazzy and a bit French? with a pro voice. Woooow. I will listen to it again. The staging was its downfall. Having watched and listened, I have no idea why they staged it like that. Made no sense whatsoever. That song deserved a lot, lot more.

KESC
KESC

Amber~Warrior: one of the best Maltese entries and yet one of the most underrated entries ever at Eurovision 🙁

Lithuania 2017
Malta 2015
Moldova 2019
Monaco 2004

Tibor
Tibor

The only undeserved casualty of this bunch was, in my opinion, Vilija Mataciunaite’s “Attention” in 2014. Great song, great voice, dancing was a bit awkward, but I’m judging the songs here.
Other than that, I guess “Vodka” could as well have qualified in 2008. It’s certainly not a masterpiece, but then again practically the whole contest was so abysmal that it sealed the fate of the only-televote-era. They could have at leats let it end with a fun song.

Reply to  Tibor

I can kinda understand the support for Vilija. I find the song annoying, but at least I can see the originality and some character.* Vodka, on the other hand, is deeply in my bottom 5 of 2008. Nothing remotely funny or musically interesting here. She just repeats ”vodka” for three minutes. At least some others were entertaining while being bad (Ireland, Spain, even Bosnia).

• This is still in my bottom 5 of 2014, but the contest was a better one, so even the bottom is better by default.
Last edited 10 months ago by Colin
Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Colin

Haha, fair enough, Colin, but I thought you of all people (who always praises songs that are “so bad they’re good”) would understand my inclination towards “Vodka”. For me, it’s like the theme song of the 2008 contest, which I could only sit through with a lot of alcohol. 😉

Reply to  Tibor

For me, it’s like the theme song of the 2008 contest, which I could only sit through with a lot of alcohol” 🙂 Okay, this is a great one! For me, the contest was more polarizing. There are some songs I find truly amazing. But the low was pretty low too. I had fun with some of it, but find the other part pretty headache inducing. 🙂

Reply to  Colin

PS. Yeah, I like having some ”guilty pleasures”, so if Vodka is yours, all the power to it! 🙂

Tibor
Tibor
Reply to  Colin

Nah, I wouldn’t go that far, it’s not as if I ever listen to this song. 🙂

Nobody Important
Nobody Important

Lithuania: Running with the Lions – By default. I’m not to crazy about any of the songs here. All of them were deserving NQ in my opinion.

Malta: Warrior – We had two warriors in 2015. And this one unfortunately lost the battle. 🙁

Moldova: I like both Falling Stars and Stay. But I’ll have to go with Stay because it had a better live performance.

Monaco: Tout De Moi – I actually quiet like the song. Was it deserving NQ? Maybe. But out of these, it’s the best one for me.

Last edited 10 months ago by Nobody Important

Lithuania – None of them, sorry. We’ve hit the barrel here. Not a single song I’d rate with more than 5/10. If I *had* to pick one, I guess that Nomads in the Night would be the best one one paper. The performance was dreadful, though. As a package, I’d probably go with Run with the Lions, but that was far from being a qualifier on my list. Malta – Easily Vertigo. It’s in my top 5 of 2007. I find it very underrated. It’s an interesting song with so many cool elements. I guess the whole gong staging was… Read more »

Last edited 10 months ago by Colin
ESC8
ESC8
Reply to  Colin

Vertigo is a good song but it didn’t work live for me. This is why I didn’t vote for it and didn’t consider voting for it tbh.

Reply to  ESC8

Vertigo and Wild Soul are both favorites of mine whose non-qualification I can understand. TBH, I don’t think that either Olivia or Cristina sung badly, but whoever staged these should answer to the imaginary court of good taste. 😉

Jofty
Jofty
Reply to  Colin

I am with you on those two Colin. I would venture that Vertigo is the second best song Malta has sent to the contest the degree of non-qualification was horrific.

Reply to  Colin