Since their multi-show update in 2020, it has become one of the biggest events of the national selection season. And Norway’s Melodi Grand Prix 2022 is ready to continue to showcase its magnitude with semi-final two.

The second semi-final will take place on Saturday 22 January. We want to know which of the four competing entries is your favourite.

Listen to them all below and then vote in our poll. Pick as many acts as you like but you can only vote once, so choose wisely!

Scroll down to vote in the poll

Melodi Grand Prix 2022: Semi-final two songs

Lily Löwe – “Bad Baby”

Songwriters: Lill Sofie Wilsberg, Trond Holter, Victoria Land

Lill Sofie Wilsberg is a singer-songwriter and stylist from Eidskog. Her music is rooted in melodic hard rock but extends over several genres such as metal, pop and punk, with her musical role models ranging from Rammstein to Lady Gaga. She also works as a costume designer and makeup artist on several productions, and is a Gullruten nominee for her work with the NRK series Rådebank. Among her songwriters, you can find Trond Holter from Eurovision 2005 group Wig Wam.

Steffen Jakobsen – “With Me Tonight”

Songwriters: Mats William Wennerberg, Nicolai Herwell

Steffen Jakobsen is a country artist and songwriter from Grimstad. He became a known face to viewers when he finished third in Norwegian Idol in 2013. His performance of “Your Man” was named the “Idol moment of the year”. His first album, My beginning, went gold. He released his second album in 2013, Six Strings Love Affair, with famous songs like “Music Man” and “What She Wants”. His biggest dream is to perform on the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville.

Farida – “Dangerous”

Songwriters: Farida Bolseth Benounis, Rasmus Simon Vedvik Thallaug, Atle Pettersen, Peter Newman, Hannah Dorothy Bristow

Farida Bolseth Benounis has achieved a lot since her career started in 2016. Her first two singles, “Three Weeks” and “Solo Ride”, received widespread praise. Other highlights in her career are going on tour with global star Dua Lipa and performing at festivals such as by:Larm and South by Southwest. In 2020, she was listed on the Norwegian radio station NRK P3 five times, and the single “Do About It” made her reach the finals in The John Lennon Songwriting Contest in New York.

Daniel Lukas – “Kvelertak”

Songwriters: Daniel Lukas Kalelic, Are Næsset

Daniel Lukas Kalelic is an artist and songwriter from Ellingsrud. He performed on stage for the first time during MGP Junior in 2013 with the song “Tiden går fort”. He went on to win the talent competition H&M Loves Music and has performed at Vulkan in Oslo together with several established Norwegian artists. His big dream is to be able to work with music full time. Daniel breaks onto the MGP scene with one of the few songs in Norwegian.

Poll: Who should win semi-final two of Melodi Grand Prix 2022?

Who did you vote for? Which of these semi-final two acts deserves a place in the Melodi Grand Prix 2022 grand final? Let us know in the comments below.

Dzidzi
Dzidzi

The beginning of Bad baby sounds too much like Wig Wam’s In my dreams and many other similar songs. Adding Daniel’s song on my Spotify regardless if it succeeds or not. Farida’s songs like many others, not bad but not the winner material (speaking about the whole ESC), wouldn’t listen to it once again. With me tonight is a decent song, reminds me of some songs at ESC, especially certain Denmark and the Netherlands entries. Great vocals so probably could do well at ESC but I doubt it’s gonna win the National selection.

ArvinRoido Atienza
ArvinRoido Atienza
Reply to  Dzidzi

I mean, thats just what majority of rock songs sound like. Especially those from the 70s and 80s

The quality is pretty close in this semi, and how it comes across on stage will be crucial. So far, I’d go with Steffen or Farida, but I am open to be swayed by the other two.

Lolek
Lolek

Lily Lowe and Steffen Jakobsen have the songs I enjoy the most, but this semi seems truly unpredictable. Looking forward to seeing all 4 performances this coming saturday!

Addie
Addie

I hope it’s gonna be Daniel Lukas! He was my favorite from the start. But I know its probably gonna be Farida, so I’m preparing myself for some huge disappointment. (No offense to Farida, her song is definitely good, but I just like Kvelertak a bit more) On the other hand, I don’t like Bad Baby very much, and With Me Tonight is just fine. Fingers crossed for Daniel Lukas (I think I already have a crush on him!)

Definitely Kvelertak for me.

ales
ales

Much better songs than last week fortunately! My favorites are Kvelertak and Dangerous 🙂

Teddie
Teddie

Oh well, this semi is significantly weaker than the first one. Kvelertak is the best of the bunch I guess.

Ukraine stan
Ukraine stan

Bad baby has by far the best instrumental, but the lyrics aren’t anything special. I still vibe with it though

Thanos
Thanos

Can’t decide between With me tonight and Bad baby. I like both songs. Dangerous seems a bit middle of the road for me while Kvelertak is not my style at all. The winner of this heat is not crystal clear and surely the live performances will decide the result like it happened in heat 1.

NickC
NickC

Steffen, by far.

“Dangerous” is sort of Bond Theme 1.01, but I would say it’s the most complete track of the heat. While “Bad Baby” has bad lyrics but it sets a mood immediately and is highly entertaining. Initially, I’m between these 2.

“Kvelertak” is one of the most current songs in MGP, it may be a dark horse. “With Me Tonight” is OK, but I can’t stop comparing it to Stefan’s song in Eesti Laul and “Hope” is the most interesting Western-infused country-pop one to my taste.

Last edited 4 months ago by Sabrina
West
West

It’s Steffen Jacobsen for me – at least if the live performance will be good.

Jack Popfield
Jack Popfield

Far stronger semifinal than last week, I’m torn between Bad Baby & With Me Tonight which I’ve been streaming both on repeat a lot. Dangerous is a grower too.

Kosey
Kosey

I’m a massive fan of Bad Baby, it really captures a time and a mood. Based on the studio version it’s my favourite, but as always so much depends on the live performance so may the best overall package win.

Siyuviyu
Siyuviyu

Lilly Lowe all the way. The other songs are not bad, but boring.

Ravencrow Neversmiles
Ravencrow Neversmiles

I don’t usually listen to country music but I like With me tonight the best for some reason. Kvelertak and Bad baby are also good songs. I guess Dangerous is a quality song but it’s not my cup of tea.

Ethan1994
Ethan1994

I hope either Lily Lowe or Steffen Jakobsen win. So here’s to hoping that they don’t get put up against each other in the first round.

There’s 80s rock, country, James Bond and Benjamin Ingrosso. I’ll go for “With me tonight”, I really enjoyed it on first listen!

Yush
Yush

Very weak version of MGP. Such a disappointment. Where is my queen Raylee?????

Roro31

Steffen Jakobsen : the best for me and……. My crush (sexy voice and sexy man) !

Last edited 4 months ago by Roro31
victoria
victoria

i LOVE daniel’s kevlertak. it has an extremly atmospheric sound to it and the norwegian language sounds amazing <3

ArvinRoido Atienza
ArvinRoido Atienza

I love all of them, why can we just have all of them in the final? Why does Norway have a horrible selection process?

meri
meri

In this semi-final, Steffen Jacobsen is the best! Even though I can’t stand country music, I’ll vote for this song because it’s AMAZING!!

Jenna
Jenna

Uhh I’m torn because I absolutely love both Bad Baby and Dangerous.. if I had to pick I think I’d go with Bad Baby.