Following a one-year break, Latvia’s Supernova is back for 2022. First-up is the semi-final, with 17 acts all hoping to secure one of the qualification spots.
Last week, we asked you to vote for your favourites from the competing acts.
A total of 2,309 votes were cast and now we can reveal the results.
Aminata and Citi Zēni are favourites to win the Supernova 2022 semi-final
Our readers have two standout favourites. But the one who ended up on top of the poll is Aminata.
After representing Latvia at Eurovision 2015, Aminata has returned to Supernova with the aim of making it to the contest once again. And it seems y’all are keen to at least see her in the Supervnoa 2022 grand final. Her entry, “I’m Letting You Go”, picked up 591 votes, which is 25.60% of the total number cast.
The other act our readers are heavily favouring is Citi Zēni. The group have attracted a lot of attention with their song “Eat Your Salad”, which frames being eco-friendly as sexually desirable.
Many people are joining the sustainable living bandwagon. The group finished second in our poll with 434 votes (18.80% of the total) and they seem like a strong choice to make it through to the grand final of Supernova 2022.
@wiwibloggs_official The Wiwi Jury reveal their favourites in #Latvia’s #Eurovision selection #Supernova2022 🇱🇻 #Supernova #ESC2022 ♬ original sound – wiwibloggs
Poll results: Who should qualify from Latvia’s Supernova 2022 semi-final?
- Aminata – “I’m Letting You Go”, 591 votes (25.60%)
- Citi Zēni – “Eat Your Salad”, 434 votes (18.80%)
- Patriks Peterson – “Can’t Get You Outta My Head”, 135 votes (5.85%)
- Inspo – “A Happy Place”, 115 votes (4.98%)
- Bermudu Divsturis – “Bad”, 113 votes (4.89%)
- RAUM – “Plans”, 112 votes (4.85%)
- Beatrise Heislere – “On the way home”, 101 votes (4.37%)
- Miks Galvanovskis – “I’m Just a Sinner”, 97 votes (4.20%)
- Linda Rušeniece – “Pay My Own Bills”, 91 votes (3.94%)
- The Coco’nuts – “In and out of the dark”, 91 votes (3.94%)
- Markus Riva – “If You’re Gonna Love Me”, 77 votes (3.33%)
- Zelma – “How”, 75 votes (3.25%)
- Elīna Gluzunova – “Es pabiju tur”, 64 votes (2.77%)
- Mēs Jūs Mīlam – “Rich Itch”, 61 votes (2.64%)
- Bujāns – “He, She, You & Me”, 59 votes (2.56%)
- Miks Dukurs – “First Love”, 50 votes (2.17%)
- KATŌ – “Promises”, 43 votes (1.86%)
Total votes: 2,309
What do you make of the results? Who are you hoping to see progress from the semi-final of Supernova 2022? Let us know in the comments.
Haha. Bermudu Divsturis my favourites now. This is how you win Eurovision – no socks, basic language and self slapping for being bad???
I think these two are the only contenders. Citi z?ni now are really loved in Latvia. They would bring big energy and they arw very likable. On other hand Aminata always brings class and great voice. Will be happy if eather of them win 🙂
I feel like with ‘Eat your salad’, everything comes down to the very first line. Should the EBU ultimately decide to censor that, the song will crash out like ‘Eastern European funk’ did.
On the other hand: If it won and the EBU wouldn’t censor it, the audience cheers and roars to that line surely would give us a glorious moment to remember.
“Eastern European Funk” was one one of the best social songs in the entire ESC history and nothing can change my mind.
Musically, it should have qualified as well, I’d say.
I think even if it goes to Eurovision, most people in the audience will be probably familiar with the song and instead of saying “pussy” they can just stay silent and let the audience say it. If in fact it happens this way then it might have a bigger impact but that’s just theory.
Supernova is always so quirky and hard to predict.
Elina Gluzunova will have a classy staging (based on behind the scenes of rehearsals), beautiful dress and her vocals are always on point, so I think she is a sure qualifier. Aminata and Citi Zeni are sure qualifiers as well. Other than that, I think it is very hard to predict – almost everyone could make it through. I think Beatrise Heislere is the one who will struggle the most and end up on the bottom, sadly. Mes Jus Milam does not seem like contenders either. Bermudu Divsturis and BUJANS will do well with televote, but juries might place them… Read more »