Voting for this year’s ESC 250 — the annual countdown of fans’ favourite Eurovision songs — is on. Despite there being literally hundreds of songs to choose from, Sweden’s Loreen has topped the rankings every year since 2012 with “Euphoria”.

But could her dominance be about to end? Could a tenth consecutive ESC 250 victory slip through Loreen’s fingers?

Who will win ESC 250 2022?

Fans are already speculating about which Eurovision 2022 stars could be the one to finally dethrone the queen.

Looking at the charts following Eurovision, several acts at the top enjoyed both radio play and streams: Ukraine’s Kalush Orchestra, the U.K.’s Sam Ryder, Spain’s Chanel and Italy’s Mahmood & Blanco.

But it was Armenia’s Rosa Linn — much further down the scoreboard — who has enjoyed the biggest global success. She’s approaching 300 million streams globally on Spotify, making her the third-most streamed Eurovision song ever behind only Duncan Laurence and Måneskin. She’s done this in record time too. Her recent performance on The Late Late Show with James Corden is yet another bee in her growing bonnet.

Chanel is also generating a lot of buzz. Spanish fans are turning out en masse for their star, who has the most-viewed performance of Eurovision 2022 on the Eurovision YouTube channel.

Of course, even with recency on their side, it will be a huge task for any of these acts to unseat Loreen. After all, over the past ten years, “Euphoria” has held off stiff competition from heavy-hitters like Duncan Laurence’s “Arcade” and Eleni Foureira’s “Fuego”.

We also have to consider who will be voting in the poll. Typically, the voters are year-round Eurovision fans. How many of these people will suddenly switch their allegiances? One important factor is that everyone has to vote for their top ten songs. So those who are voting purely to support their favourite may end up giving Loreen some points regardless.

How to vote in ESC 250 2022

The 2022 edition of ESC 250 is being organised by Songfestival.be.

To vote, you need to register with either a Facebook, Google or Twitter account. After logging in, you will be presented with every Eurovision song since 1956, including the entries from the cancelled 2020 contest. Using drag and drop functionality, you pick a top ten using Eurovision’s iconic 12 point system. You can only vote once per account. Vote here.

The results of the poll will be revealed throughout New Year’s Eve, 31 December, on the online radio station ESC Radio, beginning at 11:00 CET.

What is your ranking? Who do you think will win? Could any other songs win? Let us know below.

Read more ESC250 news here

Trocatroc
Trocatroc
17 days ago

I can’t think of any recent entries that are worthy to top Loreen. That song has really stood the test of time.

L'oiseau
L'oiseau
Reply to  Trocatroc

That is your opinion…

17 days ago

Why get upset over this? It has no meaning or importance. If you’re interested in it, enjoy it…don’t get worked up over it.

mynameisreal
mynameisreal
17 days ago

Eurovision 2003, Portugal, Rita Guerra – Deixa-me Sonhar OR Eurovision 2008, Portugal, Vânia Fernandes – Senhora do Mar !

Devito
17 days ago

The voting page has been hacked by spammers? 😀

Devito
Reply to  Devito

I mean, it literally says “403 Forbidden” when I try to open https://songfestival.be/

Marc
Marc
17 days ago

People here crying because a lady with a passionate fanbase can win an unofficial online ranking. Those crying are not better than those crazy fans lol

Eurotoxic
Eurotoxic
Reply to  Marc

They are haters of Chanel, of Ukraine… Of everything which stands out in that moment.

Haters with booooring lifes

L'oiseau
L'oiseau
17 days ago

I think is kind of sad that a decade after Loreen’s victory, Eurovision fans are still hanging on to a particular song… Eurovision evolved so much in the last 10 years for the better and quite frankly there are a good handful of much better songs that came out since then. Also, in the greater schemes of things, it is not fair that Euphoria does not get healthy competition from earlier songs from the 60’s, 70’s, 80s and 90’s (we can forget the 00’s) that resisted the test of time. Waterloo or Tu te reconnaitras are but two examples.

Rhys
Rhys
17 days ago

It HAS to be Spaceman by Sam Ryder!!

Perfect song

noqueen
noqueen
17 days ago

No one will dethrone Euphoria, facts!

18 days ago

I voted on the ESC250 for the first time, and my top 10 was: 1: Zalá Kralj& Gasper SantI – Sebi (Slovenia 2019) 2: Cornelia Jakobs – Hold Me Closer (Sweden 2022) 3: Anna Bergendahl – This Is My Life (Sweden 2010) 4: Claudia Pascoal – O Jardim (Portugal 2018) 5: Iveta Mukuchyan – Lovewavw (Armenia 2016) 6: Svala – Paper (Iceland 2017) 7: Ulrikke – Attention (Norway 2020) 8: Sofia Nizharadze – Shine (Georgia 2010) 9: Victoria – Growing Up is Getting Old (Bulgaria 2021) 10: Gina G – Ooh Aah Just a little bit (UK 1996) Sebi was… Read more »

Edgar
Edgar
18 days ago

Why is everyone complaining about Spanish fans pushing Channel for the victory? First of all, I don’t see any Spaniard making a hype. Second of all, Channel had a great song and performance, so if anything, she would deserve a spot on the podium. She is not my all-time favourite, but she is definitely something to remember. P.S. I am not from Spain 🙂

sam
sam
Reply to  Edgar

i’ve seen tons of spanish fans on twitter saying that to make sure chanel
wins they need to rank her second and put someone like denmark 1996 first

Edgar
Edgar
Reply to  sam

Hmm okay, I didn’t know that

Edgar
Edgar
16 days ago
Reply to  Edgar

Also I don’t understand the downvotes for my comment? Did I say something wrong?

Edgar
Edgar
18 days ago

Very hard to make a decision regarding my top 10! Eurovision has gifted us with so many great songs and performers! But Conchita, Loreen, Rybak, Duncan, and Channel(she so deserved to win), are epic for me.

Estonia 1996

Sam
Sam
18 days ago

Loreen is and will remain the best for most of us (please, Spaniards do not massvote your entries and try to be objective with all the songs. There is so much variety to enjoy at ESC!).
I just hope Cornelia can get in the top too. Hold me Closer is such a great song.

GojoSatoru
GojoSatoru

Arcade goated

Stephanie
Stephanie
18 days ago

In honor to my grandfather i choose Après toi by Vicky Leandros. It was one of his favorite songs ever…

Sssssss

8. France 2009
9. France 2021
10. Italy 1974

ruzla
ruzla
18 days ago

dont understand the hate to spanish people and chanel… im not spanish but i’ve seen many of them not voting her because they were team tanxugueiras, and i gave her 7 points not being spanish so you have to be honest and recognize she is one of the best entries this year and probably of the last 10 years too… anyway i hope loreen for the win because she will be always the queen!

Rashad
Rashad
18 days ago

If ‘Snap’ truly is as good as it is, it should win with ease, if it doesn’t it’s pretty clear that it wasn’t that good to begin with.

Mark
Mark

Germany 1996 should win

Sorrynotsorry
Sorrynotsorry
18 days ago

Yes! Another contest where Ukraine can win sympathy votes and take away the trophy from a truly deserved winner. Sorry, Loreen – you have a wrong yellow and blue arrangement on your flag!

Jack
Jack

“We Got Love”, this song makes me feel so positive #1

XXL – 100% TE LJUBAM

Reply to  Jo.

Leto svet

Milan
Milan
11 days ago

Piero Esteriore

Eurotoxic
Eurotoxic

Chaneñ

Her performance was just another level

Benito Camelo
Benito Camelo
18 days ago

While Euphoria’s magic wore out for me, it’ll always be a historical and iconic song (due to its impact in the contest and after the contest) and the only way it can be dethroned at this point is being dethroned by a song we haven’t heard yet or by a huge and committed fandom

Héctor
Héctor
18 days ago

One day I have to take a look to some of the classic Eurovision performances. I’ve got my list from 2007, so I’m missing a lot but ranking all of them is already a pharaonic task. From then to now these are my choices this year: 12pts Belgium 2017 – Blanche – City Lights 10pts The Netherlands 2019 – Duncan Laurence – Arcade 8pts North Macedonia 2017 – Jana Bur?eska – Dance Alone 7pts Norway 2015 – Mørland & Debrah Scarlett – A monster like me 6pts Albania 2018 – Eugent Bushpepa – Mall 5pts Spain 2022 – Chanel – SloMo 4pts Armenia 2014 – Aram… Read more »

Midnight Gold
Midnight Gold
18 days ago

Chanel’s rabid army are probably going to be spam voting her into “winning” this… Will be giving top points to Portugal 1996, hoping to see that one at least make the list.

laampa
laampa
18 days ago

“Under the ladder” by Melovin (Ukraine, ESC 2018)! This song is so underrated, but it is MY WINNER from 2018!!

laampa
laampa
18 days ago

“Undo” by Sanna Nielsen (Sweden, ESC 2014)

Jack
Jack
18 days ago

Spanish fans are busy voting Chanel so she can get the top spot. I mean, last year they were bullying her, now that’s an improvement isn’t it

Esc addict
Esc addict
18 days ago

Well for me there’s a before and an after Loreen is Eurovision, so she represents something for the fans, still when I hear the intro of Euphoria I get goosebumps and none other esc act do that to me, so of course she is here to stay again and it’s still not the 2022 edition that will make change this.

Roy Moreno
Roy Moreno
18 days ago

I haven’t voted exactly for my top 10 of all time, as I don’t have something like that xD That’d take a long time to make I did, however, vote for songs I’d like to push – some of them are my favourites and some are just songs I’m enjoying recently My votes went to: Ukraine 2016 – Jamala – 1944 Norway 1995 – Secret Garden – Nocturne Serbia 2022 – Konstrakta – In Corpore Sano Sweden 2022 – Cornelia Jakobs – Hold Me Closer Spain 2022 – Chanel – SloMo Italy 2021 – Maneskin – Zitti e Buoni Israel… Read more »

Jonkonfui
Jonkonfui
18 days ago

Eurovision fans seem to be too young and on these best Esc songs ever the ones topping the charts are always quite “recent” songs.
I think that the top 20 BEST Esc songs are from the 70s or before.
How can Euphoria be considered better than Pouppe de Cire, un banc,un arbre, une rue, Non Ho l’età, Volaré or Puppet on a string? I even doubt those songs appear on these charts.

Reply to  Jonkonfui

Puppet on a String is a woman offering herself up to a man as a puppet on a string. How can that be considered a good song?

Reply to  Jonas

Written by men, of course.

Reply to  Jonas

Sounds like a song about s&m. Incredible how modern Eurovison already was in those days. Nevertheless, the song does suck. Boring melody.

Reply to  Ari

Serge Gainsbourg had already written a more intelligent version of the same lyrics just two years earlier. I don’t blame Sandie Shaw for hating it, it really demeans her.

Reply to  Jonas

Isn’t this a perfect example of just how stupid juries can be? It was the runaway winner. I am prone to assume it had a lot to do with the simple fact that it was sung in English because I can’t imagine there were no better songs than this. I only know Vicky Leandros’ song from that year, which was certainly better.

Reply to  Ari

It was the first winner in English, so I don’t know if that was it. Ireland’s much better song was also in English, and came second. Vicky should have won, though.

Reply to  Jonas

I’d say it was just because Sandie Shaw was the most famous, she’d already had two UK number ones.

Laura
Laura
Reply to  Ari

The string isn’t literal. Right or wrong it was the time and it wasn’t much different to a lot of TV shows and media in the 60s and 70s which were very sexist towards women. Many men believed women should be at home with the children, cleaning and making dinner. This is why a lot of those shows are now blacklisted. Sandie Shaw didn’t want to participate in Eurovision and she thought the song was sexist but guess what, it was a man that persuaded her to do it.

Reply to  Laura

Yeah, I’m really gonna need a sarcasm label for my comments.

Reply to  Laura

Her manager was a woman, and a bully.

Reply to  Jonas

Like Ghislaine Maxwell?

Reply to  Ari

I don’t think I’d go that far. Eve Taylor was her name, she has her own Wiki page.

Jonkonfui
Jonkonfui
15 days ago
Reply to  Jonas

History revisionism… How Boring. Btw, isn’t a woman nowadays allowed to offer herself to a man whichever way she wants? On the gay scene there are places for Masters and slaves, should we ban those too?

Devito

Discoteque!

Sood
Sood

Loreen is here to stay

Gaga
Gaga
18 days ago

As much as I think Rosa Linn has a chance to enter the A-list, I voted for Loreen. She’s unbeatable for me with ABBA. Hello from Armenia

Megan
Megan
Reply to  Gaga

Rosa Linn won’t make the top 20…

Ellie
Ellie
Reply to  Gaga

Last night Snap was #71

Thanos
Thanos
18 days ago

I am not sure if any song from this year has entered my top 10 of all time. De diepte is the only song that may enter my all time top 10 but I still have to think about it before I vote. I have also been listening to Snap a lot after the contest ended. If I were to reorganize my 2022 top, it would have certainly climbed to my top 3.

18 days ago

I just stumbled upon the Irish music video for the junior thing. If the UK song deserves attention, Ireland deserves it all the more. It’s better than all the crap Ireland sent to the adult contest since forever.

“I am the light”

Reply to  Jonas

I always knew I am the light but it’s nice when a beautiful song like that confirms it to me.

Reply to  Ari

Sophie’s kind should come with a warning. #Epilepsy

Reply to  Jonas

Joke, people. I do agree that Ireland’s song is much, much better than the UK’s. Downvote as much as you want if it makes you happy.

Reply to  Jonas

The worst thing I can say about the Irish entry is that it was written by the same group of adults that wrote all of Ireland’s other junior songs. They’re back every year.

Reply to  Jonas

I wasn’t aware of that. But it did give me “It’s For You” vibes.

sam
sam

konstrakta will win

Polegend Godnova
Reply to  sam

now we said it!

sam
sam

my top points went to konstrakta, jamala, and hungary 1994

18 days ago

For me, someone else. Euphoria is a great song. It’s in my top 5 of 2012. It would certainly enter that Top 250 on my list. However, I do have songs I love even more, and I wouldn’t put Euphoria as the only pinnacle of ESC perfection of all times. It’s certainly up there… but not as the only option.

Park Shin Hye
Park Shin Hye

Euphoria is better than SloMo and Snap

123
123
Reply to  Park Shin Hye

A lot of Eurovision song are…

123
123
Reply to  123

Songs*

Eurotoxic
Eurotoxic
Reply to  Park Shin Hye

And Waterloo is better than Euphoria

Zisk
Zisk
18 days ago

The only thing that will stop Loreen is if people start voting for Ukraine in solidarity again. I don’t think any of the new songs this year contend with her and only a new song is going to ever do it.

Ceris
Ceris
Reply to  Zisk

You haven’t come across the Spanish fandom…

Zisk
Zisk
Reply to  Ceris

Funny that it’s the Spanish fandom given historically, before Loreen, it was always the Balkan fandoms that dominated the ESC250. 2008’s winner was Croatia 1998!

wwwww
wwwww
Reply to  Zisk

nearly put that in my top 10. brilliant song

ruzla
ruzla
Reply to  Zisk

the eurofandom doesnt vote solidarity, it’s just the random people like in ESC

Vivian
Vivian
18 days ago

Spanish nationalists be like: Allow us to introduce ourselves!

18 days ago

Gigliola Cinquetti should win after her triumph in Torino.

PuppetOnAString
18 days ago

Spanish nationalism will make SloMo win. Loreen is the actual winner either way

Thallo
Thallo
18 days ago

I’m unsure who people think can beat Loreen? Zitte e Buoni came close in 2021, and even the 3rd place (Shum) was way behind them both.

SloMo was a fan favourite this year, but was it better than Loreen? Sam Ryder’s song was popular too, but I feel the younger demographic didn’t take to it as much as everyone else. I’m pretty sure Loreen will dominate once again as we haven’t seen anything as spectacular on stage yet.

PuppetOnAString
Reply to  Thallo

Don’t underestimate the Spanish nationalism

Reply to  Thallo

It doesn’t matter if SloMo is better than Euphoria or not when a lot of the fandom is Spanish and are voting for Chanel multiple times because they can.

18 days ago

How did “Snap” get to be so successful? It didn’t have much impact at Eurovison. Nevertheless, I liked the toilet paper house and the moment she broke out of it looked kinda epic. Euphoria never impressed me but my guess is it will remain first in this “competition”. I don’t see how any of this year’s acts can beat it when a lot more iconic ones before couldn’t do it. Turin was not exactly a highlight for Eurovison, in my opinion.

Reply to  Ari

It will never be SNAP most of the fandom don’t care for it and it’s popular from TikTok so most people don’t know or care about Rosa Linn. Arcade got very popular on TikTok but that was a fan favourite and it won so it will get votes.

Ron
Ron
Reply to  Millie

LOL I doubt Rosa will lose sleep over it. Her song is charting in 80+ worldwide markets.

Reply to  Ron

The point was it won’t make it near the top of ESC250 because it’s mostly non-ESC fans that like SNAP but Duncan might as a ESC winner

Ron
Ron
Reply to  Millie

And my point is, Rosa will not care…

Reply to  Ron

Uh when didn’t say she would care? Oh wait, I didn’t.

Reply to  Ari

I always liked Snap, and I am glad she managed to succeed after ESC. I’ve heard Snap being played on a radio a few weeks ago while I was at the bar. It’s not in my top 10 of ESC 2022, but it is in my top 20. A cute entry.

Reply to  Colin

It turned out to be a very effective song. Actually, it’s one of my favorite performances in Turin, also because it’s the one the least or not impacted by the hideous stage malfunction.

Reply to  Ari

None of Dan Shipton and Marvin Dietman’s stagings were impacted by the kinetic sun. They said from their own experience as artistic directors they knew from the start the it wouldn’t work as intended.

Reply to  Millie

Which countries did they stage?

Armenia, Greece, Austria, Israel, UK and Germany which all used props

Reply to  Millie

Greece was Kontopolous.

Benito Camelo
Benito Camelo
Reply to  Colin

I heard it at the supermarket last weekend, I hadn’t heard an ESC related song in such a place since Toy in late 2018

Thallo
Thallo
Reply to  Ari

Snap’s success is 100% thanks to the TikTok algorithm.

First, the sped-up version was posted to TikTok and went viral in Spain/Spanish-speaking countries. It quickly gained popularity in the rest of the world, leading to it charting on streaming services.