Last month, we introduced a new segment at wiwibloggs, called Wiwi’s Way. We show you what we wanted to happen in a previous edition of Eurovision, and then give you the chance to vote for your favourite contestant of that year.
Readers Way, 2006
You voted, we calculated the results, and we have a winner! Let’s take a look at your Top 10 favourite contestants of the first edition, 2006 in Athens.
- Sweden – Carola – Invincible (176 votes)
- Greece – Anna Vissi – Everything (152 votes)
- Finland – Lordi – Hard Rock Hallelujah (135 votes)
- Bosnia & Herzegovina – Hari Mata Hari – Lejla (124 votes)
- Romania – Mihai Traistariu – Tornero (102 votes)
- Belgium – Kate Ryan – Je T’Adore (88 votes)
- Ukraine – Tina Karol – Show Me Your Love (77 votes)
- Norway – Christine Guldbransen – Alvedansen and Russia – Dima Bilan – Never Let You Go (55 votes)
- (no ninth, tie in eighth)
- F.Y.R. Macedonia – Elena Risteska – Ninanajna (48 votes)
It is safe to say that the voting was extremely close. With only a 24-vote margin between your winner, Sweden and your runner-up Greece, the host country.
Our readers agreed with us in saying that Sweden’s Carola was the most deserving to win the 51st edition of Eurovision. Her angelic vocals and brilliant song seemed like the winning formula. Alas, Sweden will always be in the record books as finishing fifth at the contest.
The 2nd edition of Wiwi’s Way will focus on 2011, and will be released in the coming days. Better rewatch that year…