She may have come 13th at Eurovision 2011, but our readers believe that Slovenian Diva Maja Keuc should have won the whole thing.
Eurovision 2011 was an extremely open contest, which is why it was a practical choice for the second edition of Wiwi’s Way, where our writers re-watch the show and vote for who should have won in retrospect. After we voted (and chose Lena), we asked you guys to vote. It became pretty clear pretty early on that Miss Keuc, who sang “No One” at Eurovision 2011, was your favourite.
The Top Ten of Reader’s Way 2011
- Slovenia – Maja Keuc – No One (176 votes)
- Germany – Lena – Taken By A Stranger (167 votes)
- Sweden – Eric Saade – Popular (161 votes)
- Hungary – Kati Wolf – What About My Dreams (120 votes)
- Denmark – A Friend In London – New Tomorrow (110 votes)
- United Kingdom – Blue – I Can (94 votes)
- Estonia – Getter Jaani – Rockefeller Street (86 votes)
- Ukraine – Mika Newton – Angel (83 votes)
- Bosnia & Herzegovina – Dino Merlin – Love In Rewind and Ireland – Jedward – Lipstick (81 votes)
- (no tenth, tie in ninth)
It was as split as the actual contest: only 15 points separated first and third place! Do you think the right woman won?
The third edition of Wiwi’s Way, Eurovision 1999 in Jerusalem, will be published in the next week or two. So stay tuned!