This year marked Eurovision’s 60th anniversay, but the contest is certainly not showing its age. That’s in no small part due to the youth injection provided by several teenage acts. In fact, five countries decided to send teen superstars to Vienna – Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, Israel and San Marino. We asked y’all to vote for your favourites, and hundreds of you obliged. After counting 3,123 votes, we can now reveal that Belgium’s Loïc Nottet was your 2015 teen idol.
The “Rhythm Inside” singer polled an impressive 40%, garnering 1,242 votes. Israel’s Nadav Guedj finished a distant second, but still managed to get 883 votes (27% of all those cast). So it seems that when choosing the next teen idol, wiwibloggs readers and the rest of Europe think alike, since these were the only two to make the Saturday night grand final. Molly Sterling, Anita Simoncini & Michele Perniola and Anti Social Media finish out the poll, in that order. You can watch all the acts’ rehearsals below, along with interviews. Keep scrolling for the full results breakdown.
1. BELGIUM: LOÏC NOTTET – 19
2. ISRAEL: NADAV GUEDJ – 16
3. IRELAND: MOLLY STERLING -17
4. SAN MARINO: MICHELE PERNIOLA & ANITA SIMONCINI – 16
5. DENMARK: ANTI SOCIAL MEDIA (PHILIP AND NIKOLAJ) – 19
Poll results: Favourite teenage act
- Belgium: Loic Nottet – 39.77% (1,242 votes)
- Israel: Nadav Guedj – 26.67% (833 votes)
- Ireland: Molly Sterling – 23.44% (732 votes)
- San Marino: Michele Perniola & Anita Simoncini – 5.83% (182 votes)
- Denmark: Anti Social Media (Philip and Nikolaj) – 4.29% (134 votes)
Total Votes: 3,123