Tomorrow — Monday 13 January — the Czech Republic broadcaster will reveal the seven acts who will be competing in the upcoming online national selection, Eurovision Song CZ. But before then, the broadcaster has dropped one final clue about the identity of the acts.
Over the past month, broadcaster Czech Television has been giving hints and clues about the seven acts in the national selection ESCZ 2020. And while some of the previous clues have been a little abstract (favourite superpower, anyone?), the latest one is getting down to facts and figures.
Podmínky spln?ny a dokonce p?ekonány ???Takže tady slíbená nápov?da:- BUDOU ?TY?I ŽENY ????????????Dva bonusy za…
This clue confirms that of the 11 people involved in the national final, four of those are women. Those women are either solo performers or the only female in their act — so don’t expect a Czech version of Vanilla Ninja.
As well, of the seven competing acts, two of them have competed in past editions of Eurovision Song CZ. Fans are speculating that it could be 2019 acts Barbora Mochowa, Jakub Ondra and Pam Rabbit. But of course, it won’t be any more than two of those favourites.
Building a picture
Over the weeks, the clues have slowly helped fans gain an idea of who is competing.
- Clue one: There are 11 people involved.
- Clue two: The seven acts have performed between zero and 1,500 live shows, suggesting a mix of newcomers and experienced acts.
- Clue three: The participants’ shoe sizes range from size 35 to 45.5.
- Clue four: The music genres include dream pop, indie pop, reggaetón and “planned coincidence punk pop”.
- Clue five: When asked to same what superpower they’d like, four people wanted the power of flight.
- Clue six: Favourite musicians include Billie Eilish, Ed Sheeran, Imagine Dragons and “psychedelia and a mix of things…”
- Clue seven: When asked to pick an origami figure, shapes selected included a pig, a rabbit, a lion and the iconic origami crane.
Austria’s Eurovision 2018 star Cesár Sampson even got involved. He listened to the competing songs and picked his top three. He had praise for the songs, noting their potential as stand-out Eurovision hits.
Eurovision Song CZ 2020 – Artists reveal
Czech Television will reveal the seven competing acts on Monday 13 January at 13:00 CET.
The songs will be released one week later, 20 January. And that’s when the voting period will begin.
The voting will be determined by a public vote and a panel of international jurors. The public vote will be done via the official Eurovision app, which can be downloaded here.
Czech Television hasn’t given a date for when the national selection will be announced, but it is expected to be sometime later in January.
What do you think? Who would you like to see compete in ESCZ 2020? Tell us your suggestions below!