The end is nigh. On Saturday evening, Eurovision fans settled down for the penultimate edition of #EurovisionAgain. This time, they were rewatching the grand final of Eurovision 2008.
And while all the performances remained the exact same, viewers voted for a new winner — Ukraine’s Ani Lorak with “Shady Lady”. The real-life champion — Russia’s Dima Bilan with “Believe” — finished in ninth place.
Scroll down to watch Eurovision 2008
Ani Lorak wins #EurovisionAgain 2008
Listed below are the results for #EurovisionAgain 2008. The rankings are based on the votes of more than 3,000 people who decided to vote for their favourites while rewatching the Eurovision 2008 grand final on Saturday 20 June.
In brackets, we’ve included the differences between the new fan vote and the original result from 12 years ago.
#EurovisionAgain 2008 results
- Ukraine: Ani Lorak “Shady Lady”(+1)
- Greece: Kalomira “Secret Combination” (+1)
- Iceland: Euroband “This Is My Life” (+11)
- Armenia: Sirusho “Qélé, Qélé” (=)
- Sweden: Charlotte Perrelli “Hero” (+13)
- Turkey: Mor ve Ötesi “Deli” (+1)
- Serbia: Jelena Tomašević feat. Bora Dugić “Oro” (-1)
- Norway: Maria Haukaas Storeng “Hold On Be Strong” (-3)
- Russia: Dima Bilan “Believe” (-8)
- Portugal: Vânia Fernandes “Senhora do mar (Negras águas)” (+3)
- Israel: Boaz Ma’uda “The Fire in Your Eyes” (-2)
- France: Sébastien Tellier “Divine”(+7)
- Latvia: Pirates of the Sea “Wolves of the Sea” (-1)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Laka “Pokušaj” Bosnian (-4)
- Azerbaijan: Elnur and Samir “Day After Day” (-7)
- Finland: Teräsbetoni “Missä miehet ratsastaa” (+6)
- Spain: Rodolfo Chikilicuatre “Baila el Chiki-chiki” (-1)
- United Kingdom: Andy Abraham “Even If” (+7)
- Albania: Olta Boka “Zemrën e lamë peng” (-2)
- Denmark: Simon Mathew “All Night Long” (-5)
- Georgia: Diana Gurtskaya “Peace Will Come” (-10)
- Croatia: Kraljevi ulice and 75 Cents “Romanca” (-1)
- Poland: Isis Gee “For Life” (+1)
- Germany: No Angels “Disappear” (-1)
- Romania: Nico and Vlad “Pe-o margine de lume” (-5)
Watch Eurovision 2008 online
#EurovisionAgain may be over for now, but the Eurovision 2008 grand final remains online. You can watch the full show on the official Eurovision YouTube channel.
#EurovisionAgain is scheduled to return for the last time on Saturday 27 June at 21:00 CEST.
What is #EurovisionAgain
For the past several weeks, since the COVID-19 pandemic first took hold, the Eurovision Again team has been organising mass rewatchings of classic contests on Saturday evenings. The EBU soon came on board and began publishing previously unavailable entire show uploads on its YouTube channel.
As well as organising rewatches, the Eurovision Again team has also added a fundraising element for various LGBT+ charities. Details can be found here.
What do you think? Did Ani deserve to win the rewatch? Has “Shady Lady” aged better than “Believe”? Let us know in the comments.