Many of us live by the mantra, “You can do it, put your back into it!” But San Marino’s Senhit goes further. This audio-visual queen also puts passion, production and plenty of pizzaz into every project.

And so it goes with her latest adventure: Senhit’s “FREAKY TRIP TO ROTTERDAM”.  This is a lush, lavish project that will see her pay tribute to selected songs from the back catalogue of the Eurovision Song Contest. She’ll unveil a new video every month until Eurovision 2021 in Rotterdam. No passports needed — this scheme is most definitely open borders!

Working with artistic director Luca Tommassini — the genius behind Senhit’s “FREAKY!” video and many a scene for Madonna — she’ll once again encourage everyone to unleash the freak within. It’s a celebration of European music which will let the “Freaky Queen” once again bring people together — just as she did with her #freakydance at the height of the European pandemic.

The first video of the project comes out on Wednesday 15 July and will pay homage to Belarus’ 2014 entry “Cheesecake” from TEO. Senhit promises “unpredictable implications” — something made very clear in this electric trailer!

Her team says: “Each month a different song will be reinterpreted by her, with the artistic direction of Luca Tommasini, becoming not a simple video clip but a real work of art. In each video, Senhit will make a transformation in look and style, wrapped in a refined and unique scenography.”

“The calendar starts with the publication of the cover of ‘Cheesecake’ (Teo, Belarus, Eurovision Song Contest 2014) on Wednesday 15 July.”

In the first videoclip, Senhit pays tribute to the iconic Grace Jones, one of Senhit’s biggest inspirations.

What other songs do you hope to see Senhit re-create? What other icons from the past would you like to see her honour? Let us know in the comments box down below!

mr 305 # dale
mr 305 # dale
22 days ago

I love her soooo much she embodies the spirit of the contest <3

24 days ago

And what’s up with that drawing anyways? I am loving the banana. It’s in Wiwibloggs colour too. I’d say is a sci-fi lamp but it’s a bit suggestive too so I don’t know.

MBV123
MBV123
24 days ago

Cheesecake is such a good choice, a very underrated song – Senhit has taste! Freaky wasn’t my favourite song this year but I love how dedicated she is and how she is helping to keep San Marino’s undeniable contribution to the contest alive.

Sale
Sale
24 days ago

Wow she’s so passionate, hope she achieves a good result next year!

24 days ago
Reply to  Sale

True, she’s so passionate and so generous, and that’s what the best artists are made of. She’s one of the most likeable Eurovision artists I’ve seen. I am sure she would have qualified this year, so I look forward to the next song and performance. Something very danceable I hope. Dancing, psychedelic lights and such.

24 days ago

My personal wish list if possible and if liked by Senhit: 1. Frances Rufelle – UK 1994 (iconic song, thanks to the poster that reminded me of this a few weeks ago). 2. Yohanna – Iceland 2009 3. Aliona Moon – Moldova 2013 (in Romanian but close to Italian) 4. Margaret Berger – Norway 2013 5. Nina Kralic – Croatia 2016 6. Martina – Czechia 2017 7. Laura and Koit – Estonia 2017 (I know it’s a a duo singing but what to do. It’s one of my most favourite Eurovision songs ever even if it was a NQ). 8.… Read more »

24 days ago

YES PLEASE! Frances Ruffelle’s We will be free UK 1994!!!! I would actually beg down on my knees for a performance of this song. Please!!!! It was written by George de Angelis (music and arrangement) and Mark Dean (lyrics). I could listen to the arrangement on its own, in fact I sometimes listen to the whole song, sometimes I kind of isolate the arrangement in my head, it is SO GOOD. I love this song SO MUCH. PLEASE SENHIT!!

23 days ago
Reply to  Whisker

OMG Whisker. May I join your plea? OK, *I am joining your plea*!

23 days ago

Yes, you are welcome!!!! Thanks!

24 days ago

“Unpredictable implications”, that sounds so exciting! It’s such a wonderful idea! Many thanks to Senhit and her team! I would definitely love Senhit to do some (1) Valentina Monetta, (2) Dana International, (3) the yodel song from Romania in 2017 – yes, could be challenging as it is a duo but #youcandoitputyourbackintoit; (4) Ruslana – Wild Dances, (5) Norma Jean – Black Bird. I will think of more, #justincase. #thankyou

24 days ago

Brava, Senhit! THANK YOU SAN MARINO!!! This is how it’s done! SanMarino 2022!!!!