This evening, the second song for Eurovision 2021 will be revealed as Israel’s HaShir Shelanu L’Eurovizion 2021 takes place. There, the three songs still in the running to be Eden Alene’s entry for the contest will be whittled down to one.

The Israeli public have been voting online since 19 January for their favourite between “Ue La La”, “La La Love” and “Set Me Free”. The final result of which they’ve chosen will be revealed tonight.

Before then, it’s time to see which of the three songs our readers would like Eden Alene to perform in Rotterdam this May. We’ve been running a series of polls, and we can now reveal the results…

“Ue La La” is your favourite of Eden Alene’s songs in HaShir Shelanu L’Eurovizion 2021

Following the final audio releases of the three songs, we asked you to name your favourite. After casting a total of 2,435 votes, you voted “Ue La La” as your number one. The song picked up 45.01% of the votes, which is 1,096 specifically.

“Ue La La” went through a significant revamp after the initial round of the selection. It ended up in an entirely different key, became a full minute longer, and featured a very different set of instruments. The lyrics of the track were also largely altered. However, the changes seem to have paid off, with plenty of y’all naming it as your pick for Eden Alene.

Second place in the poll went to “La La Love”, which secured 786 votes (32.28% of the total). The “La La Love” revamp was the most subtle of the three, focusing mostly on small instrumental improvements.

That means picking up the rear is “Set Me Free”. The song earned 553 votes (22.71%). “Set Me Free” was given a Mizrahi pop twist and additional string instruments. Its bridge, which previously had unfulfilled potential, was revamped entirely, and new lyrics were added. The song also now includes a sharp key change.

Full results: Which song should Eden Alene sing at Eurovision 2021?

1. “Ue La La” – 45.01%  (1,096 votes)
  2. “La La Love” – 32.28%  (786 votes)
  3. “Set Me Free” – 22.71%” (553 votes)

Total Votes: 2,435

The “Ue La La” music video is your favourite from HaShir Shelanu L’Eurovizion 2021

Two weeks after the audio releases, we were subsequently given music videos for all three songs. We ran a sperate poll to see what your thoughts were on these, and turns out they were exactly the same.

We collected a total of 1,494 votes in this poll. “Ue La La” once again came out on top, this time with 628 votes (42.03%). Eden told Eurovision 2019 host Lucy Ayoub during the music video reveal that she didn’t love “Ue La La” at first. However, she then imagined herself as a fearless woman and learned to love it.

Runner-up once again was “La La Love”. You awarded the music video 503 votes (33.67%). During the show where the music videos were revealed, Eden noted that she had an immediate connection with “La La Love” and loved shooting the music video.

In third position was “Set Me Free”, which received 363 votes (24.3%). In regards to “Set Me Free”, Eden stated that this was the hardest song to record and they had to do it over two days.

Full results: Which of Eden Alene’s Eurovision 2021 music videos is your favourite?

1. “Ue La La” – 42.03%  (628 votes)
  2. “La La Love” – 33.67%  (503 votes)
  3. “Set Me Free” – 24.3%  (363 votes)

Total Votes: 1,494

What do you think of these poll results? Would you like to see Eden Alene perform “Ue La La” at Eurovision 2021? Sound off in the comments below!

Vote in more Eurovision polls here

Read all our Israel Eurovision news here

Koninos
Koninos

What the hell

An American ESC Fan
An American ESC Fan

I think I’m rooting for La La Love personally, it’s quite fun and it suits Eden very well. Though those lyrics about “infections” are very, uhhhhh… shall we say questionable? I’m not too offended by them and I doubt the songwriters meant it that way, but I can totally see how that could hurt someone.

I wish her luck 🙂

Last edited 4 months ago by An American ESC Fan
ESCFan2009
ESCFan2009

My fave is “La La Love”, cause it’s the most melodic and has the clearest structure for me 😀 Anyways, I understand the lyrical problem in the chorus. Then “Set Me Free” and last “Ue La La”, it’s a hot mess imo sorry 🙁
But all of the songs are better than “Feker Libi” 🙂

Evan
Evan

I hope I’m not the only one who thinks this, but after Eurovision, I hope Eden releases an album of all nine songs. She could make a lot, if not all, of those songs that didn’t get selected from the demo stage really good too.

Evan
Evan
Reply to  Evan

I am also pulling for Set Me Free.

Eurovision Expert
Eurovision Expert

Fuego didn’t have the best lyrics either. And it still is a huge Eurovision banger. If Israel gives puts it well on stage then I believe they will do really well with Eu La La

OMG it’s Lucy!!!!

Albert
Albert

My favorite it’s Ue la la, but it seems that isn’t her, if Israel chose that song I’m afraid that Eden makes what Roxen did to Cherry red.

But honestly I would prefer set me free than la la love

Last edited 4 months ago by Albert
gilpgilpgilp
gilpgilpgilp

It’s clear that the song won’t take Eden over the top this year. She is going to have to put it on her back and rely on her talent and performance.

Kosey
Kosey

It will be a shame if the Covid super-spreader song makes it but to be honest she should do what she believes in – authenticity is key – if she believes in it, she should go for it.

And I’m sure she won’t care if it’s in my 41st place or not.

Last edited 4 months ago by Kosey
Reply to  Kosey

It’s most likely that La La Love won’t be my 41st (the instrumental is too catchy and melodic for that, and Eden performs it really well too), but I would be surprised if it isn’t in my early-mid 30s or so. Eden is capable of much more than that, as proven by Feker libi.

Last edited 4 months ago by Colin
Kosey
Kosey
Reply to  Colin

I have a habit of over-reacting and 41st at this stage is definitely an over-reaction. I am sensitive to the emotional sentiment in a song and the lyrics are a key piece of that, so La La Love would never score highly with me for that reason, even if it was a musical masterpiece. Indeed, it would probably get more points if there were no lyrics!

Rob
Rob

I think Ue La La is a case of ‘Be careful what you wish for’ since it’s not up Eden’s alley and you can tell it by the music video. Her movements are somewhat clumsy and the vocals were altered by Auto-Tune in the rap/recited words verses as well as in the C-part and the high pitched variation in the last chorus. I personally have mixed feelings about it because of its thin texture, but on the other hand its bass line is so enticing and the chorus so simple and memorable that it’s impossible to ignore the sassy, racy,… Read more »

gilpgilpgilp
gilpgilpgilp
Reply to  Rob

Good analysis. I agree with all of this. I think Ue La La is the best song for Eurovision because it is catchy and not as generic as the other two, but I also agree it does not fit Eden as well as Set Me Free. I notice that Ue La La is still only 2 minutes and 40 seconds, so they have some room to add more vocals and tweak it better for Eden.

Mahi Mahi
Mahi Mahi

*YAWN* People here are so full of sh*t. You do realize we were here just 9 months ago? nobody talked or hyped Feker Libi. It was under everyone’s radar and the bookies also didn’t count it in. The only people who were positive about it were a hand-full of youtube reactors. Please stop with this “I liked Feker Libi/Roots better”, because all of you guys clearly didn’t. To be honest, I think everyone clearly understands what is going on here. This is a typical European mindset that “the strong is bad, we’re rooting for the underdog no matter what”. As… Read more »

Last edited 4 months ago by Mahi Mahi
Frisian esc
Frisian esc
Reply to  Mahi Mahi

Sorry but you seem to have a twisted memory. Yes Eden was nowhere near a favorite to win but everybody had atleast one song they absolutely loved in last years NF and most people were pretty certain feker libi would qualify. You can look up last years comment sections yourself in the search bar. And I guarantee you every commentator will mention the ‘infect my generation’ line during the postcard and it will be atleast a little bit controversial with corona frustrations only getting higher and higher as time goes by.. I do believe that ‘underdog’ phenomenon you are talking… Read more »

Last edited 4 months ago by Frisian esc
Vytautas
Vytautas
Reply to  Mahi Mahi

That's not entirely true. Well, at least not the case for Israel. For Sweden - I guess, yes, but not for Israel or any other country besides Sverige who won like 3 or 4 times in the past 10 years? What I hate the most is when people start creating conspiracy theories just because you failed on your own. And it works not only in music, but politics and everywhere else. I liked "Roots" to the point where it's still on my Spotify list of "#SLAY" along with pearls like "Cherry Red" by Roxen (back then Romania chose this cheap… Read more »

Rob
Rob
Reply to  Mahi Mahi

What’s your beef really? You need to work on your anger management issues because lashing out on others by calling them hypocrites makes you a very condescending little prick if you pardon my French. This isn’t personal: It’s how you come across and therefore there’s no reason to address your demagoguery. You’ll keep on bringing unmitigated charges and pat yourself on the back, so let’s just say that there is no inspiration for a medication that saves a generation from missing a vibration. Are you infected yet or is the rhyming lazy?

Vytautas
Vytautas

It’s nowhere as close as “Roots”, sadly. Good thing it’s still a better song than “Feker libi” but Israel is in the bloodbath of 1st SF where there are many potential qualifiers: Australia (Montaigne), Azerbaijan (Efendi), Belgium (Hooverphonic), Cyprus (Elena Tsagrinou), Lithuania (The Roop?), Malta (Destiny), Norway (Raylee?), Romania (Roxen), Russia (Little Big?) and Sweden (Dotter?). And that’s sad because SF2 has no real competition besides Bulgaria (Victoria), Iceland (Dadi), and Switzerland (Gjon’s Tears). Israel would well deserve that spot in the GF compared to some neverending Balkan bland ballads. Well, let’s hope Armenia, Denmark, and Finland will bring some… Read more »

Vytautas
Vytautas
Reply to  Vytautas

Darling, come back in May and remind me of the chances of Belarusian or Irish representatives in SF1. Sure, theoretically Irish, Belarusian, or Slovene could introduce us with some hit, but it doesn’t mean they will either. Thus, we can look historically, or more precisely, last year’s chances and compare the toughness of the semi-finals.

Jofty
Jofty
Reply to  Vytautas

Lithuania (The Roop), Norway (TIX)

Sniper K-Wolf
Sniper K-Wolf
Reply to  Vytautas

-“many potential qualifiers”-“Cyprus, Romania, Lithuania, Malta, Belgium…” Of course you are right these countries have had such secure qualifying results in recent years. But then why did you forget Ukraine, which had never missed a qualification?

-“last year’s chances”-Like Iceland, San Marino and Norway 2016 ? Like Finland, Macedonia and Estonia 2017 ? Like Azerbaijan, Switzerland and Belgium 2018 ? Like Austria, Armenia, Moldova and Romania 2019 ?

Benji
Benji

Not me. “Ue La La” is actually the song I like the least out of the three.

Aaaaaaa
Aaaaaaa

Ue La La isn’t bad at all, in fact, none of the songs in this list are bad.
I’m baffled how the makers of the song managed to make something that sounds so monotone and so repetitive, and at the same time still make it just good enough so I could listen to it on occasion.
Still prefer the other two, personally speaking.

Last edited 4 months ago by Aaaaaaa
zheng
zheng

I’m worried that Israel won’t actually make it to the finals with any song. The quality of the songs for Eden is worse than last year.

Gil Dadia
Gil Dadia
Reply to  zheng

Its not like all countries gonna send masterpieces to the contest, eden will be in the final with any song, she is super talented

bryn collins
bryn collins

I dont think this song is nearly as bad as some of yall are making it out to be. la la loves lyrics are questionable at best and set me free as good as it is just dosent seem nearly as competative as ue la la it feels like a good progression from feker libi and the overal package for me

Kalla
Kalla

I will watch tonight. Although I’m not really fussed which song wins (which is very unusual for me!). Such a shame for Eden what’s happened in this years selection.

GiornoGiovanna
GiornoGiovanna

Ue La La is boring and not competitive enough

Cas
Cas

People are acting like Israel is gonna send the next Social Network Song. None of these songs are terrible. Ue La La is def my favorite. Set Me Free, I think, is just not competitive enough for Eurovision. La La Love would be my third ’cause of the drop.

Reply to  Cas

Honestly, the lyrics of Ue La La and La La Love are not a far stretch from The Social Network song. The only big difference is that SNS was meant to be a novelty act and these two are aiming to be the new Toy type of banger. The Israeli songs have a more layered instrumental, though.

Last edited 4 months ago by Colin
Cas
Cas
Reply to  Colin

I agree on La La Love, felt the same way about Shoulders. The lyrics are not their strongest points. However, for Ue La La I actually don’t mind since, like, 75% (?) is in Hebrew/French. Yes, it’s still not Arcade-level writing, but not all songs need to be. At least to me :).

OMG I love Israel and I wish Eden the best but I cannot wait for this to be over. I am looking forward to the show.

sam
sam

sorry but these are 3 insanely weak songs. i LOVED feker libi and roots but this is an utter embarrassment

Meow
Meow

None of the songs are good, but please, don’t pick Set Me Free, as it’s clearly the worst out of the bunch

GiornoGiovanna
GiornoGiovanna
Reply to  Meow

Everything is better than Ue La La

Eurovision fan
Eurovision fan

I really hope Ue La La won’t win

GiornoGiovanna
GiornoGiovanna
Reply to  Eurovision fan

Anyone with taste agrees

Donkey
Donkey

I just hope Set Me Free doesn’t win. For me, I can’t decide between La La Love and Ue La La, it is gonna come down to the performance but based off the music video, it looked liked Eden hated Ue La La so for now, it is La La Love for me

Donkey
Donkey
Reply to  Donkey

This aged well

Ashton Schier
Ashton Schier

it’s this or la la love. I lowkey don’t even care which one gets chosen anymore, these songs are so disappointing after 2020’s batch, and the only one with actual potential (shoulders) gets eliminated. Not even mad, just disappointed that this is what eden has to work with. We know she’ll bring it on stage, but these songs are SO borderline qualifier.

Headline:
Me: No, I don’t.

Erasmus
Erasmus
Reply to  Briekimchi

me as well. Praying that it won’t win..

GiornoGiovanna
GiornoGiovanna
Reply to  Briekimchi

Basically me. Ue La La isn’t competitive and very overrated.