Hungary‘s national selection A Dal continued tonight, with six acts more qualifying for the semi-finals. Kallay Saunders Band, Gina Kanizsa, Peet Project, Chase, Mrs. Columbo and Ádám Szabó will be heading to the semi-finals in February.
Tonight’s first five qualifiers were determined by a combination of televote and an expert jury made up of Hungarian music industry pros Caramel, Zséda, Károly Frenreisz and Miklós Both.
This vote was won by Kallay Saunders Band and Gina Kanizsa, both on 42 points. Next was the Peet Project on 40 points, Chase on 39 points, and Mrs. Columbo on 38 points.
The sixth qualifier was selected by a second round of public voting. The public agreed with the results of the first round — the sixth spot went to Adam Szabo who also placed sixth in the first round.
The qualifiers will go on to compete in the semi-finals, which start in early February. They’ll be joined by Benji, David Henderson, Leander Kills, Roma Soul, Spoon 21 and Viki Singh from the first heat, and the final six qualifier’s from the third heat next week.
A Dal – Heat 2 qualifiers
- Kállay Saunders Band – “17” (42 points)
- Gina Kanizsa – “Fall Like Rain” (42 points)
- Peet Project – “Kill Your Monster” (4o points)
- Chase – “Dust In the Wind” (39 points)
- Mrs. Columbo – “Frozen King” (38 points)
- Ádám Szabó – “Together” (38 points)
A Dal – Heat 2 eliminated acts
- Zoltán Mujahid – “On My Own” (36 points)
- Peter Kovary & The Royal Rebels – “It’s a Riot” (36 points)
- AnnaElza feat. Juli Kása – “Jártam” (34 points)
- Andi Tóth – “I’ve Got a Fire” (34 points)
Wiwibloggs readers didn’t quite agree with Hungary’s favourite. In our recent reader’s poll, Adam Szabo topped the vote with 19.57%. However, he was the lowest scoring of the six qualifiers. Conversely, Gina Kanizsa topped the A Dal vote but placed last in the poll with only 2.17%.
However, qualifiers Chase, Kallay Saunders Band, Mrs. Columbo were your next top picks, but Peet Project was outside of the poll’s top six.
What do you think? Is there a potential A Dal winner amongst these acts? Share your thoughts below!