They’re the drag-tastic trio who have long spoken of their dream to represent the UK at Eurovision. Now the Frock Destroyers have again hinted at possible Eurovision involvement, this time on the BBC’s New Year’s Eve show.

The stars of RuPaul’s Drag Race UK made an appearance on the BBC’s special The Big New Year’s In, hosted by Paddy McGuinness. After the glamorous trio — made up of Baga Chipz, Blu Hydrangea and Divina de Campo — performed a medley of 2021 pop hits, host Paddy asked them what their plans were for 2021. Divina De Campo told him:

“Well, fingers crossed, all being well, we’ll be on a world tour with FROCK4LIFE. And who knows — maybe Eurovision?”

In November 2019 — following the success of their debut single “Break Up Bye Bye” — the trio shared their Eurovision hopes on social media. And it seems that dream hasn’t died.

An online petition set up to support the Frock Destroyers for Eurovision 2020 has gained over 10,000 signatures. And while 2020 has come and gone, fan support remains for the drag superstars to represent the UK at Eurovision.

Last month, the trio talked about their Eurovision dream with Attitude magazine. “I want to do Pride tours, I want to do Eurovision,” Blu Hydrangea said. “If you don’t put it out there it won’t happen!”

Divina thinks they have the charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent to cut the UK’s string of poor results. She said: “We’re made for Eurovision. We would break the Eurovision curse! Whoever I need to blow to make this happen, I’m very happy to do it. I’ve got a very good mouth.”

If the Frock Destroyers do make it to Eurovision, they’ll be following in the heels of such drag legends as Conchita Wurst, Verka Serduchka. Fellow Drag Race star Courtney Act competed in the 2019 edition of the national final Eurovision — Australia Decides.

The BBC remains quiet about Eurovision 2021 plans

Unusually, nothing has been heard from the BBC regarding their plans for Eurovision 2021. All that is definitely known is that the UK was on the list of 41 participating countries, as confirmed by the EBU in October 2020.

In previous years, the BBC’s Eurovision team has usually revealed at least their selection method by the autumn prior.

We discuss The Frock Destroyers from 11:00.

However, it has been noted that the BBC’s Eurovision publicity team is also involved with Strictly Come Dancing. The popular celebrity dance contest was aired one month later than usual due to Covid concerns, meaning that the publicity team may have waited until Strictly was over before moving onto Eurovision work.

The grand final of Strictly Come Dancing was held on 19 December, leading into the holiday break.

At Eurovision 2020, the UK was due to be represented by James Newman with his song “My Last Breath”. There is no word if he will be invited back for 2021.

What do you think? Would you like to see the Frock Destroyers represent the UK at Eurovision 2021? How should the UK choose their song for Rotterdam? Tell us your thoughts below!

Read more UK Eurovision news here

MartyMcCu
MartyMcCu
13 days ago

Interval act would be good while we put the kettle on.

Piet
Piet
14 days ago

No drag please. Let’s keep ESC as mainstream and accessible as possible. As Duncan Laurence said … “Music First!” It should be about music, not primarily about appearances.

David Paul
David Paul
15 days ago

I’ve heard them and I don’t think the voices measure up. We need a fully trained, experienced professional – they are not! They are very ‘different’ but……it’s been done! They would be immediately compared to Conchita Wurst and he had a great voice – that’s why he won. The contest is all about the voice and the song. I have written a song and I am waiting to submit it to the BBC. It is catchy, fun and exactly what we need to escape covid, if only for about 3 minutes. If the BBC read these blogs, then please get… Read more »

CRAIG
CRAIG
16 days ago

Just, no. the BBC are out of their minds if they are even thinking about this.

vangelis vt
vangelis vt
16 days ago

More garbage coming our way…

Milan
Milan
17 days ago

I’d prefer music instead.

Talentina Monetta
Talentina Monetta
17 days ago

How much are they paying you to write these articles about them? Enough is enough

M
M
16 days ago

And then they say “… with attitude”

RavensHeart
RavensHeart

The one on the right looks like Athena Manoukian

17 days ago

The ESC is a place where diverse acts should be welcomed; at least, that is the intention. The music and the songs usually determine the winner anyhow. I am disappointed by much of the comments here, for two reasons: 1. Telling Wiwibloggs what to endorse or not endorse; this simply won’t work. The agenda has been obvious right from the start, and theoretically it is in line with the ESC, so why whine about it. Either acknowledge it, or move on and create your own blog. Simples. 2. The shaming of UK acts for being camp or overweight – needless… Read more »

Reply to  Purple Mask

what’s wrong with people openly expressing their opinions? if you don’t agree with them, just ignore them. everyone should be free to write what they think (of course there is no space for offensive comments). Why do we have to agree with whatever we see?

I love wiwiblogs , i will not tell them what to post or not because i enjoy seeing a diverse posts.

Last but not least, wiwibloggs allow (respectful) criticism from fans

Last edited 17 days ago by Alex
16 days ago
Reply to  Alex

It comes across as whining about what Wiwibloggs has always been. Of course it is allowed, but it’s also pointless, and it’s disappointing to me. My opinion is that it would be better for them to write their own blogs. Happy New Year.

Gurlblossum
Gurlblossum
17 days ago

I really hope that they will Go to Eurovision as a dragrace fan this would be a dreams come true

CJP
CJP
17 days ago

Wow! People are saying they can’t sing!!! Have you ever listened to Divina De Campo. He’s not a judge in a singing show for nothing. He has an amazing voice with a huge range. Someone hasn’t done their research…..

And by the way, Baga is hilarious! Way better than Verka flogging a dead horse every year. Bore off.

Reply to  CJP

we don’t need new versions of Verka, jesus…

17 days ago

I guess you guys tried really hard to go a full week without getting this article put out there again…You don’t think it’s weird that you’re the only Eurovision site that keeps pushing them as UK-representatives, right?
Anyway, surely any quick glance at the comment section on these articles (and the upvotes/downvotes) should tell you that a) UK/ESC fans do NOT want them anywhere near the competition and b) We’re all a bit tired of your constant pushing of the idea.

Me!
Me!

No thanks

Kosey
Kosey
17 days ago

I mean, any comment in the absence of hearing the song is largely pointless. They have an image, some will like it, some won’t, but the song and what they do with it is what really counts so there is not a whole load of point in commenting until I’ve heard what they would propose to send.

Reply to  Kosey

we’re commenting on the idea of having them represent us. We would like a serious artist with a career, not a group of people that will tarnish the reputation of the country in ESC and destroy the reputation of ESC (which is already fragile in UK).

Kosey
Kosey
16 days ago
Reply to  Alex

I think there is a level of condescension in your post which troubles me. I am not comfortable with the idea that only a certain type of person can represent the UK at ESC. I hear what you are saying and there are undoubtedly people in the UK who think the way you describe, but does that mean we should pander to them? The most important aspect surely has to be how the overall package fits together and clearly the song and how it is presented is the critical part of that? I would like us to be a bit… Read more »

Ben R
Ben R
17 days ago

The UK should go with James Newman. ‘My Last Breath’ was great, and he should have a chance to represent his country.

shane
shane
17 days ago

Wiwibloggs has become obsessed with Drag Race lately. I’m not here for this.

AM2PM
AM2PM
Reply to  shane

If you watch any of the interviews you’ll notice that William quotes the show ad nauseam.

Michael
Michael
18 days ago

Let’s put aside the fact that they’re drag queens, let’s do what the optimists say and judge their music. I listened to their “hit” song “Break Up (Bye Bye)” and it shows that they are not ready for Eurovision. At best, that song could be used in one those Eurovision parody skits that shows the writers are living in 2006. Plus, who wants to hear a song where the performers, in the first person, refer to how awesome they are? Stereotypical and annoying drag queen behavior. In the podcast you made, you admitted that they can’t sing (and used the… Read more »

18 days ago

I think we can all agree that drag artists are a neutral, everyday part of LGBT + community in general. Thus, you cannot expect us to be amused or shocked by the fact that they are performing on stage. Long gone are they days where man wearing a dress was so innovative that it could carry out the whole performance. Verka is hilarious, but because of *how* she acts in a drag. Verka is a middle-aged biddy who dresses like a Christmas tree and represents an exaggerated version of an Eastern European woman. She’s like if stereotypical babushka starred in… Read more »

Michael
Michael
Reply to  Colin

So why do ESC fans love Kamil Show’s “Puerto Rico” so much? Kamil didn’t have the wackiness of Verka, or the talent of Conchita. It’s clearly a joke song, but what’s the joke (also Kamil’s singing is so bad, she almost has anti-talent).

Reply to  Michael

Well, I only moderately liked Puerto Rico TBH. There were far better songs in that NF (Waiting For the Sun, Ari Ari, Stand Up, Qami, to name a few). The song was perhaps in a ”so bad it’s good” category, which can be very entertaining at times. It might have been a ”joke of randomness”, like Dustin the Turkey, maybe? That’s very childish and might be annoying to some, but I can see the appeal in the right context. 😉

Michael
Michael
Reply to  Colin

I suppose that could be true. But I always that the reason people liked “Dancing Lasha Tumbai” so much was because of how random the performance and song were. But the thing about Kamil is that she sang horribly (likely on purpose) and performed in a campy, stereotypical drag queen way, so it comes off like fans like it for the way it was performed.

Matthew Tuson
Matthew Tuson
18 days ago

No. They can’t sing a note in tune. Nothing against drag acts, however I have everything against being represented by an act that can’t sing and literally murdered the best hits of 2020…

Reply to  Matthew Tuson

I agree with you. Drag shows are amazing but this is about representing the UK in Eurovision Song Contest. UK needs a strong entry that will be taken seriously.

Patrick
18 days ago

Please.god no. Just when I thought we couodn’t sink any lower after that fat camp boy wailing bigger bigger into a hole on the floor

Ashton
Ashton
Reply to  Patrick

Not the homophobia and fat phobia……..ew.

Reply to  Ashton

Yeah have a little class dude. Whatever our objections are to Frock Destroyers or Michael Rice, their sexuality and weight have nothing to do with them.

Reply to  Patrick

Effed up much, you?

Michael
Michael
Reply to  Patrick

Considering you emphasized Both Michael Rice and James Newman were overweight before anything else, you seem to be projecting.

Red X
Red X
Reply to  Patrick

Not liking their songs is one thing, but it’s a whole different thing to attack people’s appearances.

18 days ago

Just saying: I enjoy the Drag Race posse cuts as much as the next guy, but not enough to plop down money for them outside of the show, let alone have them represent my country at an international competition. If I had the choice between a quality singer-songwriter or pop act versus “Oh No She Better Don’t,” I know who I’d choose. (And even then, Adore Delano on her own wouldn’t be bad!)

Tom
Tom
18 days ago

This is bad, at least Conchita had an amazing voice and was talented, they are just in for the fame, there are so many better artists, I hope one day or hopefully this year Fleur East can represent the United Kingdom

percy
percy
18 days ago

You’re getting Eurovision totally mixed up with Dragfest/Dragcon.

percy
percy
18 days ago

Now, it’s absolutely fine with them being drag queens. We all know about Conchita. But I don’t want the ‘UK Curse’ to become even worse because of the Frock Destroyers, nor people who were in reality/competition shows going to serious contests. I adore Drag Race, but I’ll be honest, I can name very few queens who can sing. Also, their album.. was questionable to say the least. All I hope for them if they do get selected are good live vocals..

Last edited 18 days ago by percy
Azaad
Azaad
18 days ago

I’m not against drag at ESC, Conchita proved it can lead to genuinely great entries. However, I am firmly opposed to Drag Race mixing with Eurovision.

MyName
MyName
Reply to  Azaad

I am not a fan of drag in ESC (otherwise I don’t mind it). But of course, it is the music which counts, and it should be verdicted that way. For me e.g. Slovenia 2002 is a nice song. Like e.g. “”Ready For Me” (Mf 2005) and “Puerto Rico (Armenia 18). Those songs had a “fresh” feel to them I think, made them stand a bit more out

Joseph Mendy
Joseph Mendy
18 days ago

I’m not exactly sure drag queens are the way to go if we’re gonna get the UK on the left hand side of the scoreboard, let alone win. I can’t see Frock Destroyers challenging for a win.

EllieLazarev
EllieLazarev
18 days ago

Please no this is a bad idea they would either come rock bottom or just nudge into the top 10 due to troll voting in the televote and we will have to deal with locals and Lorraine moaning.

18 days ago

Look, Wiwi: I love y’all. You know I do. But what, in your YEARS of covering Eurovision, especially when a bunch of you are based in the UK and have witnessed firsthand what hasn’t worked for the UK at Eurovision, could possibly make you think an act like Steps or Frock Destroyers would be right for Eurovision? You’ve done so much to increase the journalistic credibility of Eurovision’s fan press, but this just plays right into the stereotype that Eurovision fans prefer camp and spectacle to actual music. Camp and spectacle are PART of the fun of Eurovision, don’t get… Read more »

Kalla
Kalla
Reply to  Joe

I tend to disagree, James Newman is very bland, like Micheal Rice was, and look how well that went. I think it would be good for the UK to show a lighter side and some humour. I also think for us it’s been poor songs rather than the performers.

Reply to  Kalla

I disagree. Michael Rice had a bland song but My Last Breath had some oomph to it. I think there’s a way to be upbeat and poppy without making a fool out of yourself. If they sent Paloma Faith or The Anchoress or The Pipettes, something like that, then they’d be on the right track.

Leo
Leo
Reply to  Joe

I would like Newman to write our song at the very least, and sing it if it is an EDM song in the mould of his Armin Van Burren work. I have also long wanted Iain James to write our entry. My Last Breath had way more professionalism than Bigger than Us and a good video. If he wouldn’t be good enough, I want him and Iain to write an entry for or with Ella Henderson, and than we can get our top 10 entry.

Patrick
Reply to  Leo

Re: James Newman. Only the UK would look at a fantastic vocalist and number 1 artist and think … let’s send his fat older brother with a bland turd of a song to Eurovision. Maybe the problem is the people who are choosing our entry. If they thought Electrovelvet, Joe and Jake or Michael Rice would win they clearly have zero clue.

Last edited 18 days ago by Patrick
Ashton
Ashton
Reply to  Patrick

girl is there some internalised fat phobia happening because u seem to really hate anybody slightly overweight. its disgusting

Reply to  Patrick

Talking about James Richard Newman the Great 🙂 He’s talented. He seems to be confident in himself as artist and as a human being. He seems to have a kind heart. A nice sense of humour. And I am pretty sure he does not give a ff on people insulting him. Nor does he need people to defend him. But anyway.

Reply to  Patrick

Way to drag James Newman, a super talented artist. Shame on you!

Reply to  Joe

My Last Breath had as much oomph as an actual last breath – a mere hoarse exhalation!

18 days ago

That’s just, like, your opinion, man.

Reply to  Joe

I’m more worried about this petition of 10,000 signatures…I hope the BBC don’t actually think it representative of Eurovision fans.

Reply to  Jonas

They couldn’t be Eurovision fans. Drag Race fans might think it’s a good idea, but 9/10 Eurovision fans don’t.

ESCFan2009
ESCFan2009
18 days ago

I have nothing against a good drag act in Eurovision if the song is good and the performance is entertaining instead of “cheap-looking”. Courtney Act had a beautiful stage presence in Australia Decides 2019.
However, their song-material is not convincing me…

Last edited 18 days ago by ESCFan2009
Nancy G
Nancy G
18 days ago

I’ll repeat an earlier point. If they have a good song they should be considered. If they don’t have the song they shouldn’t be. ALSO: Anyone writing them off just because they are drag queens is demonstrating the same hate and bigotry that was directed at Conchita Wurst before Eurovision. Prejudice takes many forms. Anti-drag can read as veiled homophobia. Judge the MUSIC not the person.

Erasmus
Erasmus
Reply to  Nancy G

Yes, but the fact is that I do not enjoy their music that’s why I don’t want them in the competition, I don’t care if they are drag or not. I also wouldn’t like Cardi B in the contest, and that isn’t because I don’t want a black woman in the contest. I am judging them as artists and I do not like them as artists. I also don’t enjoy drag as a form of act, I just don’t there’s nothing wrong about that some also don’t like pop, rock etc. who tells me that I should enjoy it, I… Read more »

MyName
MyName

No thanks

Brian Swann
Brian Swann
18 days ago

It won’t happen. BBC cancelled their ‘You Decide’ show, due to the last-place finish in 2019. I wish you would actually report on The Euro Trip Podcast with Lee Smithurst (BBC Eurovision Series Producer) from three days ago, which talks about what they want to do about the contest.

Reply to  Brian Swann

For realz? Who is it that selected the songs for “You Decide (or so you think because we made the decision for you)”? I watched the 2018 and the 2019, it was so obvious from the beginning who the winner was going to be. Why bother?

James
James
Reply to  Whisker

2016 and 2017 both had quite a strong field of songs if you ask me, more so with 2016’s You Decide. The one mistake the outgoing BBC team did in 2018 was changing the format to have 2 contrasting versions of the same songs times three.

Reply to  James

I can’t even remember who represented the UK in 2016. The 2017 entry had some success also because of who had writen the entry and who performed it. And for all we could see, the BBC have made another mistake too going with “Eurovision writers” in their sorry selections from the 2018 and 2019 editions. With the results we know.

James
James
18 days ago

I have to correct myself, 2019 was the year they changed formats for You Decide, not 2018.

Meanwhile. I don’t recall 2018’s songwriters of “Storm” having had previous Eurovision experience but I believe they were one of the submissions coming from the songwriting camps the BBC commissioned. Despite the song’s failure to built on last year’s positive result, I did like it and Surie sold it well.

Reply to  James

I like the UK but their past Eurovision efforts with the exception of 2011 and 2020 have been a huge disappointment. And people hopping from country to country? The whole spiel looked like nettwworking, getting to enter the selection, or representing the country. I think that only people involved in the songs benefited from Eurovision (even multiple times thus more exposure). Not the countries themselves, not the public and to some extent, not the artists either.

Reply to  James

That one was in 2019, the 2 versions thing.

Greig watts
Greig watts
Reply to  Whisker

Although Freaks from 2019 has gone onto 20 million streams on Spotify, without any label backing or promotion , maybe that was the obvious choice ? And no “Eurovision writers” involved either haha!

Oriol99
Oriol99

OFF TOPIC: Liam Reilly (Ireland 1990) has passed away yesterday :'(

MyName
MyName
Reply to  Oriol99

Very sad

18 days ago

There can be so many arguments as to why this topic. I am assuming people in the know are laughing their btts off. I for one am patiently awaiting some very good news from the UK because I cannot settle for less 🙁 I need some very good Eurovision news.
*Please and thank you*. 🙂

Last edited 18 days ago by Una
Red X
Red X

I’d rather have James Newman back

Nicky
Nicky
Reply to  Red X

yes same, one of few times UK was up there in my top, at 7th place which is amazing, since i usually have them near bottom of my rankings

Neely
Neely
18 days ago

Whilst newer UK and US ESC fans tend to be as huge fans of Drag Race as they are the contest and may want them further entwined it’d be a huge mistake to assume the rest of Europe might necessarily feel the same.

It’s also incredibly unlikely that the Frock Destroyers could serve us a song as strong and well sung as Conchita did.

Last edited 18 days ago by Neely
18 days ago

Well miss Wiwi… time to block off the comments just like PokeJungle did. People are rotten in any community, we been knew. They way they talk about The Frock Destroyer and hide behind the excuse of them wanting to have a serious act (which by default is offensive, because drag as an art form is valid), is disgusting and it boggles me why they would preach against three lovely people who just want to have a little fun and make people smile. The bigots who bring down others in this “hierarchy of freaks” create by the straight to make themselves… Read more »

18 days ago

Block off your comments as well?

Ashton
Ashton
18 days ago

Drag is an absolutely valid and amazingly hard art form. I very much respect it, it takes so much effort and stamina. The reason that I don’t want Frock Destroyers at eurovision is because of how dated and bland their songs sound. And before you call me a homophobe, I am gay and very comfortable about it. I will admit that there are some bigots lurking around, but at least for me personally that isn’t why I don’t want them to go. But you know what, if they can make a great song, I will support them all the way.

Ashton
Ashton
Reply to  Ashton

And immediately downvoted. For what? Seriously omg

Reply to  Ashton

Because gays find in them to justify that God made them that way, but drag and trans is against God’s wishes.

18 days ago

…what does that have to do with anything? I agree that transphobia in the (particularly British) gay community is sadly still prevalent (also biphobia but that’s another story) but save for a few unsavory characters I think people are being pretty decent here.

Reply to  Ashton

Thank you.

18 days ago

I’m just gonna assume most people on here are just LGB, minus the T and co. SHAME ON YOU BIGGOTS!

EurovisionBenny_AUT
EurovisionBenny_AUT
18 days ago

Most of us LGB? I find it ridiculous that the media portrays Eurovision like it has LGBTQ+ fans only (ofc I respect them), when so many others, like me, enjoy the contest as well. The worst thing is that for the media – especially the British one – LGBTQ+ equals camp, which is just crap.

And let’s face it – if the Frock Destroyers did Eurovision on behalf of the UK, this way of thinking would only become bigger.

MyName
MyName

EurovisionBenny – I completely agree with you

Pineaple
Pineaple
18 days ago

Not liking the Frock Destroyers or thinking the Frock Destroyers are not the best act for Eurovision does not mean anyone is either transphobic or a biggot. They are just stating an opinion on an a music act that may not appeal to them and who they don’t think would get a good result for the UK at Eurovision… which to be honest I agree with. I don’t think the Frock Destroyers are right for Eurovision. That’s not to say they are a bad group, but even though it shouldn’t be the case they would be seen as a joke… Read more »

Reply to  Pineaple

Well considering y’all MOSTLY focusig on the DRAG aspect of their act, I WOULD BLOODY SAY IT IS

18 days ago

Most people have only done it to show they aren’t opposed to drag at Eurovision on principle, and that’s not our reason for not wanting them to compete.

Darren
Darren

@waitaminuteholdon

This is nothing to do with transphobia. Stop trying to virtue signal, because you have no basis for it.

18 days ago

stop pushing them for Eurovision, please. Eurovision is not a drag show. Yes, everyone is allowed to compete but Eurovision lacks of credibility in UK. If they send them, it will be a disaster, because they cannot sing and they are seen as novelty act. Conchita had a big voice, a massive ballad with perfect staging and meaning. How difficult it is for the UK team to select a talented and charismatic artist with stage presence and a modern song. Seriously!!!! How difficult is it for Radio 1 to arrange airplay for the Eurovision song and make it a hit?… Read more »

James
James
Reply to  Alex

I don’t think the UK delegation will entertain them.

With that said, I suggest you check out the recent Euro Trip podcast as they did an interview with UK series producer Lee Smithurst, and he sounds like he gets Eurovision.

Reply to  James

What do you mean “I don’t think the UK delegation will entertain them”?

?

James
James
16 days ago
Reply to  Alex

I just listened to the Euro Trip podcast that had the British delegation’s series producer on as a guest and he teased that the BBC may already have something to announce “early [this year]” while still ironing some details.

Basically, by this point, they may have already settled on someone so they likely won’t entertain any more names still being forwarded to them.

Last edited 16 days ago by James
Reply to  Alex

How they dress is irrelevant. It’s a song contest. Anyone can sing any song.

17 days ago

There’s no need for another Slovenia2002/Denmark2007. It didn’t work and it’s not even funny. No need to mix Drag Race with Eurovision. If they were to take part in a national final, yes no problem but i wouldn’t want them to be internally selected. There are so many talented singers in UK, how difficult is it to ask them to write a good song, a modern one. Why do we have to destroy the reputation of the show in UK?

Aaron
Aaron
18 days ago

I don’t think anyone wants this. It’d be embarrassing to the UK.

18 days ago

*This* is the year for a UK victory! Nuff said!

Darren
Darren

One word for the UK:

Another word for Wiwibloggs:

STOP!

Last edited 18 days ago by Darren
Leo
Leo
18 days ago

This is the last thing The UK needs for Eurovision right now!
I mean if it was Sweden or Australia they weren’t a bad option but BBC has to send some good quality entries to change the mindset of British people about the contest.

Ashton
Ashton
Reply to  Leo

As an Australian, no thanks. If we want to send a drag act, at least Courtney Act has songs that sound like they were made this decade, unlike Frock Destroyers.

Laura
Laura

STOP WITH THEMMMM please

Héctor
Héctor
18 days ago

I’m with some other users here… why making so many articles about this group? We get some of you like RuPaul’s drag race, which is fine. But talking about real music, the UK has much better artists that would give us better songs and the UK a better result. You are not helping promoting these guys instead of good artists willing to try Eurovision.

I’m tired of some people trying to turn Eurovision in a joke. With this group the UK would be just feeding the trolls.

Darren
Darren
Reply to  Héctor

Agreed with this completely.

Neely
Neely
Reply to  Héctor

Agreed. It’s a mistake to assume that the audiences for ESC and Drag Race would be identical. There’s a cross over certainly but it doesn’t follow that minor popularity of the Frock Destroyers in the UK would bring in many points with European juries.

We tried novelty performances for 2006 and 2007 in the televote era and we know how that ended up.

Reply to  Neely

It would almost literally be Scooch all over again.

Kalla
Kalla
18 days ago

Hahahaha, I could see what the comments would be here before scrolling down lol! Wooo fingers crossed we get some real talent representing the UK finally. I’d love to find that petition to sign for them.

Cameron
Cameron
18 days ago

Stop making articles on them. Just stop. As someone from UK we have way better artists that want to go, I don’t think the BBC would go for them to be honest and that’s a good thing. This is 2021 not 2001

Rottendam
Rottendam
18 days ago

God please no! Real music by real artists please

NickC
NickC

Depends on the song. Slovenia 2002 was great. Denmark 2007 ..not so much

kohen
kohen

lol.. welcome to the RuPaul’s Song Contest

Reply to  kohen

All musical art is valid, and even if it was RuPaul’s Song Contest, ain’t nothing wront with that