Let the music play…and the music videos too! The OGAE Video Contest 2021 has arrived and with it the chance to feast your eyes and ears on some of the hottest pop around the world. For the uninitiated, this is a virtual event held annually between the numerous OGAE branches. It’s similar to the OGAE Song Contest, but the emphasis is on music videos.
This year’s edition is being hosted by Sweden. It won last year’s contest thanks to Agnes and her work “Fingers Crossed” — a mystical video that dove into the struggle between the sun and the moon.
The contest aims to highlight the visual aspects of songs, namely their music videos, as well as promote national music and diversity. Previous winners have included Myléne Farmer, Stromae, Via Gra, Coldplay, LOBODA and Loïc Nottet.
While the contest isn’t restricted to Eurovision acts, there are still Eurovision stars who have won the nomination from their country’s OGAE group.
Among the Eurovision alums you’ll instantly recognise are Eleni Foureira, Lozano, Hovig, and Iveta Mukuchyan. The class of 2021 is represented by Albina, chosen by OGAE Croatia for her summer single “La La Love”. We’re also loving that Russia has gone for “Moustache” — a song that features their Eurovision 2020 act Little Big alongside Eurovision 2018 winner Netta Barzilai from Israel.
Eurofans will also be sending love to some national final favourites including Anis Don Demina, Brooke, NEEC and Achille Lauro.
OGAE Video Contest 2021 – nominees
- Greece: “Aeraki (To thiliko)” Eleni Foureira
- Poland: “Słodkości” Teresa Werner
- Serbia: “Dabogda propao” Milica Pavlović
- Belgium: “Fever” Dua Lipa feat. Angèle
- North Macedonia: “Vardare” Lozano
- Sweden: “Flaggan i topp” Anis Don Demina
- Rest of the World: “High heels” John Duff
- Cyprus: “An diliazo, min thimonis” Hovig
- France: “Nous” Julien Doré
- Russia: “Moustache” Little Big & Netta
- Latvia: “Tu man esi” Ivo Fomins
- Estonia: “Head out of the water” NOËP
- United Kingdom: “What’s your pleasure?” Jessie Ware
- Czech Republic: “AIM” Daniell
- Croatia: ”La La Love” Albina
- Portugal: “Something trivial” NEEV
- Ukraine: “GUMA” Onuka
- Hungary: “Hogyha lejönnél” Pál Péter
- Germany: “Wer wenn nicht wir” Wincent Weiss
- Australia: “Say Something” Kylie Minogue
- Italy: “Mille” Fedez, Achille Lauro and Orietta Berti
- Armenia: “Tur patjar” Iveta Mukuchyan
- Malta: “Over” Brooke
- Turkey: “B.S.G.” BEGE & Emir Taha
Who should win the 2021 OGAE Video Contest?
Only OGAE members can participate in the official OGAE Video Contest vote, but which videos are your favourites? Have your say by voting in our unofficial poll. You can vote for as many videos as you like, but you can only vote once — so make it count!