It’s the weekly watch-a-long that became a monthly tradition. And on Saturday #EurovisionAgain came back for its October run. This time Eurovision 1976 was the classic song contest of choice.
As always, there was a new fan vote, although the winner stayed the same — the United Kingdom’s Brotherhood Of Man with “Save Your Kisses For Me”.
Brotherhood Of Man win #EurovisionAgain 1976
Listed below are the results for #EurovisionAgain 1976. The rankings are based on the votes of all those who decided to vote for their favourites while rewatching the Eurovision 1976 grand final on Saturday 18 October.
In brackets, we’ve included the differences between the new fan vote and the original result from 44 years ago.
#EurovisionAgain 1976 results
- United Kingdom: Brotherhood of Man “Save Your Kisses for Me” (=)
- France: Catherine Ferry “Un, deux, trois” (=)
- Finland: Fredi & The Friends “Pump-Pump” (+8)
- Monaco: Mary Christy “Toi, la musique et moi” (-1)
- Norway: Anne-Karine Strøm “Mata Hari” (+13)
- Israel: Chocolate, Menta, Mastik “Emor Shalom” (=)
- Netherlands: Sandra Reemer “The Party’s Over” (+2)
- Greece: Mariza Koch “Panagia mou, Panagia mou” (+5)
- Belgium: Pierre Rapsat “Judy et Cie” (-1)
- Germany: Les Humphries Singers “Sing Sang Song” (+5)
- Yugoslavia: Ambasadori “Ne mogu skriti svoju bol” (+6)
- Austria: Waterloo & Robinson “My Little World” (-7)
- Switzerland: Peter, Sue and Marc “Djambo, Djambo” (-9)
- Ireland: Red Hurley “When” (-4)
- Portugal: Carlos do Carmo “Uma flor de verde pinho” (-3)
- Italy: Al Bano & Romina Power “We’ll Live It All Again” (-9)
- Luxembourg: Jürgen Marcus “Chansons pour ceux qui s’aiment”(-3)
- Spain: Braulio “Sobran las palabras” (-2)
? #EurovisionAgain Results ?
Votes have been checked and verified.
Thank you @Mentimeter ?
Here are the scores from THE HAGUE 1976 Twitter jury ??
? UNITED KINGDOM WINS ?
? ?? ? ?? ? ??
Congratulations Brotherhood of Man pic.twitter.com/w0ynuEJHpQ
— #EurovisionAgain (@EurovisionAgain) October 17, 2020
Watch Eurovision 1976 online
#EurovisionAgain may be over for now, but the Eurovision 1976 grand final remains online… for now. You can watch the full show on the official Eurovision YouTube channel.
However, it is only available for an unspecified “limited time”. Based on past #EurovisionAgain uploads, this will probably remain online for one week after the YouTube premiere date.
But why? Before 2004, the copyright for each show belonged to the respective broadcasters. In the case of 1985, that’s the Netherlands’ NOS. For now, the Dutch network has opted to make the show available only temporarily.
From 2004, the rules changed with the EBU taking over ownership of the rights. Hence, the uploads of contests from 2004 onwards have remained online.
#EurovisionAgain is scheduled to return on Saturday 21 November at 21:00 CEST.
What is #EurovisionAgain
Throughout the first 15 weeks of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Eurovision Again team organised mass rewatchings of classic contests on Saturday evenings. The EBU soon came on board and began publishing previously unavailable entire show uploads on its YouTube channel.
The rewatches have since switched to monthly affairs, now taking place on the third Saturday of each month.
As well as organising rewatches, the Eurovision Again team has also added a fundraising element for various LGBTQ+ charities. Details can be found here.
What do you think? Did Brotherhood Of Man deserve to win the rewatch? Let us know in the comments.