National final season concludes tonight with the grand final of Melodifestivalen 2021. There are 12 acts set to take to the stage in Stockholm and compete for the right to represent Sweden at Eurovision 2021. But only one will walk away with the ticket to Rotterdam.
Earlier this week, we asked you to vote for your favourites of the 12 competing acts and who you thought should win Melfest 2021. You responded to our call and made sure your voices were heard.
After counting a total of 4,777 votes, we can now reveal the results.
Dotter is your favourite to win Melodifestivalen 2021
Coming out on top is Dotter. This marks the second year in a row that the Swedish star has finished first in our Melfest grand final poll. While the ‘Dotterdam’ dream didn’t happen last year, it seems that y’all are still very much hoping it will become a reality in 2021.
Dotter’s new song “Little Tot” picked up 1,408 votes in the poll. This is equivalent to 29.74% of the total number of votes cast.
In second place is Eurovision 2011 star Eric Saade. He returns for his fourth appearance at Melodifestivalen, and once again he’s one of the favourites ahead of the final. Eric’s entry “Every Minute” picked up 970 votes (20.31% of the total).
Earning the final podium spot in this poll are last year’s Melfest champions The Mamas. After Eurovision 2020 was cancelled, they’re hoping to earn the ticket to Rotterdam once again in order to finish off what they started. And it seems y’all think they have a reasonable shot at doing so – “In The Middle” was awarded 524 votes (10.97%).
Just missing out on a podium finish is Tusse. The Melfest debutant is the clear bookies’ favourite to win the competition this year with his song “Voices”. In this poll he secured 434 votes (9.09%).
And rounding out the top five is another debutant – Clara Klingenström. Despite having to go through andra chansen, Clara has been riding high on the Swedish charts along with the other big names from the contest. Could she become only the second Melodifestivalen act to win after having gone through the second chance round? “Behöver inte dig idag” received 393 votes in the poll (8.23%).
Full results: Who should win the grand final of Melodifestivalen 2021?
- Dotter – “Little Tot” 29.47% (1,408 votes)
- Eric Saade – “Every Minute” 20.31% (970 votes)
- The Mamas – “In The Middle” 10.97% (524 votes)
- Tusse – “Voices” 9.09% (434 votes)
- Clara Klingenström – “Behöver inte dig idag” 8.23% (393 votes)
- Charlotte Perrelli – “Still Young” 4.84% (231 votes)
- Danny Saucedo – “Dandi Dansa” 4.44% (212 votes)
- Anton Ewald – “New Religion” 3.94% (188 votes)
- Klara Hammarström – “Beat Of Broken Hearts” 3.45% (165 votes)
- Paul Rey – “The Missing Piece” 2.26% (108 votes)
- Arvingarna – “Tänker inte alls gå hem” 1.84% (88 votes)
- Alvaro Estrella – “Baila Baila” 1.16% (56 votes)
Total Votes: 4,777
What do you make of these poll results? Are you hoping Dotter will emerge victorious or are you supporting someone else in Melodifestivalen 2021? Sound off in the comments below!