Returnee Mihai Traistariu (now M I H A I), last year’s third-place act Ovidiu Anton, as well as a host of Selectia Nationala newcomers make up Romania‘s 12-strong line-up for the Semi-final on 4 March. They survived the harsh national jury, but how will they fare with Wiwi Jury, our in-house panel of music unprofessionals?
All this month, our jury is offering its frank opinion of each of the songs. Each juror assigns each song a score from zero to ten, and the scores are then averaged for the Wiwi Jury verdict. Our jurors hail from Spain, Austria, Australia, Romania, Albania, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, the Czech Republic, Russia, Finland and New Zealand — so we are totally international and transcontinental, y’all!
REVIEWS AND CURRENT RANKINGS
- Florena – “Behind The Shadows” (7.8)
- Andreea Olteanu – “Nai Nai” (7.05)
- M I H A I – “Paradisio” (7)
- Vanotek feat. The Code and Georgian – “I’m Coming Home” (6.5)
- Xandra – “Superhuman” (6.4)
- Irina Popa – “Letting Go” (6.4)**
- Doru Todorut feat. Irina Baiant – “The Voice” (5.6)
- Ovidiu Anton – “Moment Of Silence” (5.55)
- Dream Walkers – “Let It Shine” (3.1)
- Mihai Bajinaru – “Never Too Late” (2.85)
- Gasca De Acasa – “Tu esti povestea” (2)”*
- Jukebox – “Come On Everybody” (2)***
*Gasca De Acasa replaced semi-finalist Hayley Evetts, who withdrew citing medical reasons.
**The tie between Xandra and Irina Popa was broken by Xandra’s higher individual score of 10/10.
***The tie between Gasca De Acasa and Jukebox was broken by Gasca De Acasa higher individual score of 7/10.
Want to express your opinion and support your favourite? Be sure to comment on each individual post. The 12 Eurovision hopefuls are reading us and you as well, so your opinion counts.
And, also, don’t forget to vote in our Selectia Nationala 2016 poll!